Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/28 - 11/03 - 1 Year went by so fast!

KawadaSmile

52 minutes ago, MoS said:

I might be wrong, but the only heel they have heered against him is Fiend? Usually he gets meh reactions, and that is not being disrespectful to him. 

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-raw-draws-third-worst-ratings-2019-296081

Apparently they did this number against a low-rated American football game. All demographics fell consistently throughout as the show went over, like the general trend has been, so at the very least, we can say the Rusev-Lana-Lashley angle is not generating any particular interest amongst viewers, cuz they built this show around the segment. 

You're probably right. Just feels like Seth's been battling the fans for much longer than the Fiend program, but its for various different reasons each time. Fans boo him for being a geek and dating Becky Lynch, they boo him for his twitter antics with NJPW/AEW wrestlers, and so on. Feels like the only time he got anything close to positive reactions was in a feud with Baron Corbin, and the fans' investment in that feud was still rather lackadaisical. Not that I mind though, he deserves all what he gets.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

God, Seth is such a fucking geek.

I don't know if in the history of WWE there's been a worse "top guy" & that includes The Great Khali getting a title run.

Given the rating for this week, it's increasingly difficult to distinguish whether he's just desperate to be a company man or he as a genuine fetish for eating shit online.

5 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Apparently they did this number against a low-rated American football game.

As much as it pains me to say it as a Steelers fan, my team's having a subpar year and the Dolphins are doing the most obvious tank job in sports history so this should have been an easy week for Raw. Instead we got a show long build for the babyface getting humiliated again, and I'm sure there's people at WWE just dumbfounded that this shit didn't draw.

(also did anyone see Jerry Lawler facepalming when Lana was doing the "Rusev's a sex addict" stuff? Dude looked legit embarrassed to be there)

12 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I'm very much a fan of Rusev. He's one of my top three in the entire company. I thought originally that him at Lana, when they were basically doing the Rocky IV gimmick, were cash. But yeah, this angle isn't doing any of them any favors. Regardless of YouTube views, it's just trash. 

Rusev is a good looking dude. A good wrestler. A good talker. And he's entertaining. WWE will forever confuse me on how they can't figure out what to do with a guy like that. It's mind blowing. I really hope he leaves.

Rusev seems like a genuinely charming, funny and quirky guy. Watch any of the times he's on Xavier's video game channel. You can totally see why Lana would be into him and also see why he could be a big time star if Vince wasn't such an incompetent, bitter old man. Rusev and Lana could have become a totally beloved act/couple like Savage and Elizabeth were during his babyface runs - just an updated version where Lana would clearly have more agency.

I really hope they do get out of there soon and find their way to AEW or New Japan. Of any WWE act I'd like to see move elsewhere, it's probably Rusev and Lana.

I dunno guys, I get disliking the angle, but to say the live crowd wasn't all over the segment yesterday is denial. If they can sustain that heat is a different story (my money is on they won't).

Also, even if they booker Rusev and Lana to perfection, they would find something stupid to say on social media. Hard to root for people when they keep saying dumb things.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I dunno guys, I get disliking the angle, but to say the live crowd wasn't all over the segment yesterday is denial. If they can sustain that heat is a different story (my money is on they won't).

Also, even if they booker Rusev and Lana to perfection, they would find something stupid to say on social media. Hard to root for people when they keep saying dumb things.

This is a company that continued to push people like Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels after a litany of backstage incidents and general scumbaggery. I refuse believe that the odd dumb tweet from Lana is a good enough reason not to have capitalised on Rusev's massive popularity a couple of years back.

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Yeah when it looked like Rusev was finally going to get the upper hand people were into it and chanting "Rusev Day", but once again the fans were rewarded by having him get chumped out in the end. Again. 

3 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Apparently Lacey, Nattie and Lana made the trip to Saudi Arabia. Another attempt to have a women's match on the show?

I mean, at some point WWE has to be all "we've been eating so much shit for you guys can you at least do this for us?" I assume. 

That just makes it all the more hilarious when the Prince says no since he's Lashley and Vince is Rusev in this scenario.

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Ratings and attendance are both in the toilet, so getting a reaction from the manchildren who attend these shows obviously isn't worth much. See also, the Fiend.

We've had this discussion countless times here but it's kind of sad that in the last 5/6 years in wwe crowd reaction(s) keep meaning less and less. I mean we all grew up when getting a reaction was a harbinger for success or failure and now it means very little for the most part 

5 minutes ago, Strummer said:

We've had this discussion countless times here but it's kind of sad that in the last 5/6 years in wwe crowd reaction(s) keep meaning less and less. I mean we all grew up when getting a reaction was a harbinger for success or failure and now it means very little for the most part 

Because the company thinks playing keep away with what the fans want is the path to success because.....reasons. Meanwhile part of the reason the new competitors are doing as well as they are is because the fans are listened to and them being invested usually will pay off. 

But if they want to turn things around, isn't having good live reactions the first step to recovery? Or that doesn't count, because the viewers are manchildren?

Please don't feature the same old stale talent, and give us fresh wrestlers and match ups. We won't watch those either way.

Basically all this boils down to is that they have no chance of turning things around, because much like Hulkamania's demise, it is etched in stone.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

But if they want to turn things around, isn't having good live reactions the first step to recovery? Or that doesn't count, because the viewers are manchildren?

It doesn't count because if the people getting good live reactions aren't the ones who fit in the company's narrow view of who can be a star they just get turned into cannon fodder for whoever is the flavor of the month. 

The only way I see they can fix things is by convincing the fans that Vince is no longer in charge and that better minds are at the helm of the WWE machine. Problem is, for all the crap Vince does, he still possesses a better mind for business than most people that could conceivably be in that position. 

Vince McMahon knows a lot about WWE & being in the wrestling business for as long as he has.

But does Vince McMahon know about society trends in the year 2019 heading into the 2020's? How can a 74-year-old billionaire relate to the majority of the viewing audience?

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Just look at youtube views. The video for that segment has over 4 million views. Second highest from yesterday's show is at 1.3 million. There are 17 youtube videos from yesterday's show. That Rusev and Lana angle video isn't that far behind in views from the other 16 combined. 

I am not talking about the creative side of things. I think Vince understands the business side of things better than most. So you can run out superior bookers and still not achieve the same amount of success that Vince has enjoyed. Like can you honestly tell me Triple H is going to command the attention of billionaires in a board room? Things we as fans don't even think about, that is absolutely crucial to success, Vince understands better than most.

1 minute ago, jackwebb said:

Just look at youtube views. The video for that segment has over 4 million views. Second highest from yesterday's show is at 1.3 million. There are 17 youtube videos from yesterday's show. That Rusev and Lana angle video isn't that far behind in views from the other 16 combined. 

Here's to that storyline hitting all the trashy notes!

1 minute ago, NintendoLogic said:

Vince can't be that hard to replace. There are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of guys on 4chan who share his obsessions with height and cuckolding and have enough of a grasp of basic storytelling to book a pro wrestling promotion.

They have 4channers in their roster already. Monsoor is wrestling at Crown Jewel, even!

34 minutes ago, Slasher said:

I am not talking about the creative side of things. I think Vince understands the business side of things better than most. So you can run out superior bookers and still not achieve the same amount of success that Vince has enjoyed. Like can you honestly tell me Triple H is going to command the attention of billionaires in a board room? Things we as fans don't even think about, that is absolutely crucial to success, Vince understands better than most.

If somehow Vince could be convinced to just handle the business side and gladhand investors and Saudi princes, WWE might be in a better state creatively. Unfortunately there's no evidence in the 74 years Vince has been alive there's any way that would ever happen.