Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/04 - 11/10 Fish are really smart animals, they avoid oil spots in the sea

KawadaSmile

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Predictable.

I would expect that has a lot to do with this:

21 minutes ago, Rocco said:

My god this crowd is dead.  

Unlike Smackdown, where everyone knew something different had to happen (they had no choice), it was back to Business As Usual on Raw. 

Well, the booking is the booking when it turns out you signed a guy who needs knee surgery before he can work a full schedule..

Having Cole standing next to HHH probably isn't doing him any favors for perception.

RAW almost feels like a show that could use less wrestling. The commercial breaks subtract from the matches. The concept of having main events without the people involved getting interview time just seems like not making the most of having too much time to fill.

USA won't give up the 3rd hour (which makes the show even worse), but at the very least, more talking is stuff that could be snipped out of foreign airings if the concern is about non-English speaking audiences not getting the promos.

So two things were bothering me in this whole story tonight:

1. Why would Seth Rollins in storyline even want the NXT title? It's like the captain of the football team going back to his old school after he graduated. 

2. Why would the RAW announcers promote matches on NXT? I mean I know why, but in Kayfabe land it makes no sense for the RAW team to hype up the invaders' show. 

I think the most deflating thing is yet again they took something that could have been cool and made it all about BRAND BRAND BRAND as if anyone outside a boardroom gives the slightest of shits about that.

1. passive-aggressive shot by Rollins towards Daniel Bryan. ("I'll beat that guy, unlike Daniel Bryan")

2. "We've been told by the USA Network, the home of RAW and NXT, to mention that NXT is on the air because we don't want it to finish 25th in 18-49s"

I mean, the body language of the announcers retreating as Brock bodybagged Dio was probably as questionable as "why would RAW mention NXT matches"

They could do it Jack Tunney style (like how they do it with Regal in NXT) where the authority figure only shows up to make important announcements/decisions, but that won't get the McMahons on TV enough I suppose.

It had the added weight of making it feel important when the authority figure had something to say (I remember when Jack Tunney showed up when I was a kid I knew shit was about to go down), but that horse has been beaten so dead the last 20 odd years it's not even worth using as glue at this point.

With him actually wrestling on the show tonight remember when Meltz said Cedric was getting buried and the usual suspects were like lul Meltz is wrong and everyone was laughing. Well Cedric got constantly beat by AJ. Then got beat up after the matches by the OC.  Never got any revenge or the US title. Has barely been on Raw the last two months, etc

Meltz chalked up a W on that one.

The losses in a vacuum are fine. Plenty of guys have lost their way up the card. It's the follow up. One of those guys eventually has to get some sort of win and have a clear direction afterwards. They lose interest halfway through so the guy just got jobbed for 2 months straight and then forgotten about.