Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/04 - 11/10 Fish are really smart animals, they avoid oil spots in the sea

KawadaSmile

I totally get you, but the common denominator here is AJ. 

Ricochet, Cedric and now Humberto all feuded with him and all of them got basically the same treatment.They sort of get a win early on the feud, but afterwards get dominated. With Carillo it's even worse, I don't think the dude won a single TV match since going to RAW.

The fact that Rico managed to stay relevant (although running in place) after feuding with AJ shows that he's got something going in terms of crowd connection. The pop he got when he came to help Rusev was a delight.

When will we face the fact that AJ, despite being a very entertaining dude, is not really an engaging *champ* and is not putting anyone over? Hell, he only lost the title to Bryan after a low blow.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AJ has been underwhelming for a long time now imo but I don't really think WWE's shit booking of babyfaces is on him. He just happens to be the midcard heel champ who's pretty much an obvious opponent for all of those guys. But maybe none of those guys were meant to be elevated as opposed to being placeholder opponents from him.

I feel like AJ isn't that engaged now, or is off the boil as a worker. On paper, AJ vs Ricochet, Cedric and Humberto for midcard titles are matches that are potential show-stealers when in reality he's been churning out three star specials the whole time. Besides, all his feuds have been about titles for like 3 years now. It's old.

9 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Jesus Christ almighty, this is woeful. If the spot is going to look that stupid, why can't Nattie just make the tag and they can improvise a few spots?

Nattie may have the worst instincts of any wrestler this side of Tom Magee.

Interesting story from Pat McAfee about Smackdown:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/11/pat-mcafee-talks-chaotic-day-heading-into-wwe-smackdown-on-661766/

What blows my mind is that he was given a few hours notice to be on SD, yet had to arrange for his own fucking plane.

Jesus Christ, this company can't get their shit together enough to get their guys a plane? It is the epitome of bush league that he had to do all of that on his own.

39 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Why is it all on Nattie? Charlotte put her in a no-win situation really.

It was a mess all round. Either Charlotte moved too soon or Sane was late for her spot. But still, it was on Nattie there to take the initiative and just make the tag. It's like they're afraid or incapable of deviating from the rigid layout of the match.

26 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Most companies don't take care of your travel arrangements. You do all of that yourself and then use your corporate card and it gets expensed back to the company. 

That's true in most circumstances but for a last minute deal where they really needed to get the guy on there, they could've saved everyone the hassle and just booked his flight

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Why is it all on Nattie? Charlotte put her in a no-win situation really.

Charlotte has been so hit-or-miss lately. I mean...in big matches on grand stages, she kills it all the time. But put her on TV to build PPV matches and she's on auto-pilot every time. For instance, she constantly overshoot her moonsault. It's one thing to overshoot it for one person but last night, she successfully overshot it with TWO opponents. With the amplitude she has on that moonsault, she shouldn't miss it this frequently. I was expecting Lita, at her peak, to overshoot it most times because of the angle she did it but with someone who's been so highly touted about her skills in-house, that shouldn't happen.

I never put much stock in him as a reporter, TBH - he was never, ever going to be credible in my eyes because he had that tabloid TMZ stink attached to him - but I have zero issues with this and think he'll be fine as a talking head for a kayfabe show. 

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I never put much stock in him as a reporter, TBH - he was never, ever going to be credible in my eyes because he had that tabloid TMZ stink attached to him - but I have zero issues with this and think he'll be fine as a talking head for a kayfabe show. 

The only issue is he tries to present himself as a Serious Reporter when it's obvious for a while he was angling for a WWE job.

57 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The only issue is he tries to present himself as a Serious Reporter when it's obvious for a while he was angling for a WWE job.

Agreed, but since I don't read TMZSheet or watch WWE Backstage, it won't affect me any. His credibility is his own business.

Speaking of which...

19 minutes ago, El-P said:

Gotta love the fact Meltz's extremely dry reply flies over the head of most people it seems. :lol:

A little too dry, because it came across as a genuine apology to me.

Maybe he got worked by his Seth-hating tabloid sources?

Not impossible. 

I can see some corners of WWE wanting to make Rollins look bad. 

33 minutes ago, El-P said:

Pull the plug on his Twitter, like, now.

Then again, if he didn't make a speech, I guess he can be  a whiny bitch on Twitter without contradicting himself.

Gotta love the fact Meltz's extremely dry reply flies over the head of most people it seems. :lol:

Well all the usual geeks are jumping on this to bury Meltzer and claim he doesn't have the scoopz on NXT and AEW like they have - scoopz that of course they'll only vaguely allude to and never actually reveal.