Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 6 - 11/06/19

MoS

Jericho has always talked about how being world champ for a couple of hours on Raw one night in 2000 got him over because for a brief while, he was world champ. Given Dusty's history of short reigns, maybe they feel a short title run will solidify his status as top babyface, and then the belt can go back to Jericho and Cody can later take it from him in an epic build. Perhaps MJF will turn on Cody in some kind of rematch with Jericho and Cody will transition to an MJF feud. And of course the match beyond. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Aren't ringsidenews.com and bodyslam.net the National Enquirer of wrestling newz sites though?

If they did get into a fight, I wonder if it was about which one of them looks goofier. 

25 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Aren't ringsidenews.com and bodyslam.net the National Enquirer of wrestling newz sites though?

If they did get into a fight, I wonder if it was about which one of them looks goofier. 

I don't know who any of the sites are outside of the Observer and a handful of others really.

Usually the shittier newz sites wouldn't post something as detailed as this I'd have thought.

18 hours ago, Slasher said:

I realize I'm not part of that conversation but I agree Jericho should retain. As mismatched as the members in the group seems, they need to keep Inner Circle somewhat strong for a while longer. Only way that works is if the leader is the champion or is in the lead position in the company. Cody is hot right now for sure, and normally I'd capitalize on that, but the timing is all wrong IMO. I also cannot imagine them introducing the concept of judges just so the babyface could win here. I see the judges as either a catalyst for something major to happen to cost Cody (like MJF "turning" or some other shenanigans) or to lead to a disputed result, which doesn't favor a babyface. Either way, they would do it in a way that nobody would hold it against Cody to challenge again down the road when things have run the course with Jericho on top.

8 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Why do you want it moved to Cody at this point?

I agree that the timing is wrong for Cody to challenge. It should have been built even more. However, with what they have presented us... it's time for Cody to win. My argument is that I will always back the hot hand babyface as the champion. If Cody loses in any way, I don't see that as a benefit for the company or Cody moving forward. Jericho is so good, he can then spend the next several months making Cody's life miserable. The same way Michael Hayes and the Freebirds made the Von Erichs miserable. Jericho is a great heel to have as a foil for the babyface champion. 

• 2 weeks later...