Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 7 - 13th November 2019

FMKK

Open: PPV highlights/Omega w/doc, Mox Promo, vs Nakazawa: 1,080,000 viewers
Dark Order vs. Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt: lost 105,000 
Shawn Spears vs. Darby Allin vs. Peter Avalon: lost 114,000 
Nyla Rose squash, Allie interview, Awesome Kong w/Brandi Rhodes, beginning of the Chris Jericho interview: gain 55,000
Jericho/MJF, Cody gain 101,000
Adam Page vs. PAC  lost  77,000
Young Bucks brawl v Santana & Ortiz  lost 41,000
Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs SCU gain 64,000,  Finished 968,000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, War is Raw said:

Open: PPV highlights/Omega w/doc, Mox Promo, vs Nakazawa: 1,080,000 viewers
Dark Order vs. Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt: lost 105,000 
Shawn Spears vs. Darby Allin vs. Peter Avalon: lost 114,000 
Nyla Rose squash, Allie interview, Awesome Kong w/Brandi Rhodes, beginning of the Chris Jericho interview: gain 55,000
Jericho/MJF, Cody gain 101,000
Adam Page vs. PAC  lost  77,000
Young Bucks brawl v Santana & Ortiz  lost 41,000
Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs SCU gain 64,000,  Finished 968,000

It is eerie how closely this monitors my viewing habits. All of the segments that lost viewers were the ones I switched to NXT for, and all of the segments that gained viewers were the ones that kept me hooked on AEW and unable to change the channel.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

It is eerie how closely this monitors my viewing habits. All of the segments that lost viewers were the ones I switched to NXT for, and all of the segments that gained viewers were the ones that kept me hooked on AEW and unable to change the channel.

Yeah, I was thinking of your live show comments when I compiled these!

I actually thought you would have chosen Io vs Yim over AEW. Io gained 75,000 viewers, a few more than Jericho's tag, although obviously NXT had 200,000 less viewers total. 

Anyway, thanks for the response.

57 minutes ago, War is Raw said:

I actually thought you would have chosen Io vs Yim over AEW. Io gained 75,000 viewers, a few more than Jericho's tag, although obviously NXT had 200,000 less viewers total.  

My initial instinct was to go with Io vs. Yim because of the superior wrestling quality and car crash Ladder Match stipulation, so why did I stick with AEW? Because I was curious why Jericho and Sammy were getting Tag Title shots and I wanted to see what would happen. In this case, story quality and starpower won the day - and because of NXT's bizarre and pointless WCW-like overrun, I knew I'd be able to catch the last 5-10 minutes anyway, which is always the best part of any NXT match.

BTW, speaking of NXT, did anyone notice the way Roderick Strong was fawning over Adam Cole? "Don't you know who this is? This is Adam Cole! He's the NXT Champion. He's the best!" (I am probably wildly misquoting it, but that was the general sentiment.) I felt so embarrassed for Roddy. What a lapdog.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:55 AM, Dale Wolfe said:

Can MJF work? His promos and overall vibe are really good

He can! Will be interesting to see that eventual match with Cody, as MJF hasn't really been put in the position where he has to deliver big money matches, even on the indies.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:37 PM, Migs said:

He can! Will be interesting to see that eventual match with Cody, as MJF hasn't really been put in the position where he has to deliver big money matches, even on the indies.

No not really. He's pretty much as average in the ring as it gets. But his character is so good it really doesn't matter. Plus Cody being the storyteller kind of wrestler now, he'll get something decent out of MJF.