Pro Wrestling Only

Joseph Montecillo Video Essays

SmartMark15

Hey all! I've been posting these videos in the match threads they relate to but I've been encouraged to start up a thread on its own just so I can collate them all in the same place. I've been doing video essays since around May basically just covering and discussing some of my favorite matches and moments in pro wrestling. I've put everything in a playlist that I will link below and I will be posting subsequent videos on this thread as well! Probably the stuff I'm proudest of is my Walking the King's Road series where this sight has been an absolutely invaluable source for putting everything together. So thank you to everyone who contributes to the forums for helping to collate the knowledge necessary to make that series work. 

If you guys enjoy what I do and you want to help out the channel, you can contribute to my Ko-fi page at http://ko-fi.com/josephmontecillo

Together, the team of Mitsuharu Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada blazed a path for the AJPW World Tag Team Championships held by the Miracle Violence Connection of Terry Gordy & Steve Williams. Let's take a look at the path they took to the titles before digging into their underrated title defense against rivals Jumbo Tsuruta & Akira Taue.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm on break from full video essays for the holidays, I thought I'd drop some BONUS CONTENT on you guys! First is a Q&A I did to celebrate hitting the 1000 subscriber mark.

And next up is a collaboration video I did with the people at Why It's Great where we talk about The Rock and what makes him such a great performer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"I watch him and just see a man who can't make good offensive moves, can't sell his injuries properly and who has no personality in the ring other than The Rainmaker"  - "inbetween those spots is a lots of dead air- absolutely nothing (...) it gets pretty boring)" - hahaha, pretty much sums up how I feel about Okada. Maybe Ica could get more into eastern wrestling if she saw some Hashimoto & Tenryu matches?

Gotta say, you're doing a job bridging this high quality video essay format with online pro wrestling discourse. I linked a non-wrestling fan to your channel and she said she really likes your enthusiasm, even though she understands nothing of the vocabular, and also why are the rules of pro wrestling never explained? Maybe an introduction video for non-fans would be in order, if you haven't done one already?

3 hours ago, Jetlag said:

Maybe an introduction video for non-fans would be in order, if you haven't done one already?

A primer for non-fans would be interesting but I feel like that's more in line with other channels than mine. Never say never though!

Thank you so much for the kind words, Ica and I appreciate it very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, cactus said:

Really enjoyed the Bryan video. The hour flew by and I can't disagree with anything presented in the video, Bryan's the GOAT for sure. 

Thanks man! It's an argument I've been mentally building for about a year now so I was really ready to dig in as much as possible to be as comprehensive as I could.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...