Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/18 - 11/24 South American Coupamania

KawadaSmile

13 hours ago, ButchReedMark said:

This show is the faeces of dogs with worms after eating a load of chocolate. 

13 hours ago, ButchReedMark said:

At this juncture I'd rather see my mum take one up the hoop than sit through at Seth Rollins 10 min plus boreathon

I haven't watched Raw in ages, but I come to this thread for amazing stuff like this.  In my eyes, you are officially more entertaining than a multi-billion dollar corporation, @ButchReedMark!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, someone needs to explain the idea of "punching up/down" to some of the WWE roster.

If you really are the biggest (only) game in town, as you claim, then you don't bother with the little guys.  You stay "above" it.  When you start provoking/arguing/engaging them, you give them credibility.  It might even go as far as seeming like you see them as a threat.  

You'd think for a company as big as WWE, they'd give their people some social media training.  

36 minutes ago, Log said:

Also, someone needs to explain the idea of "punching up/down" to some of the WWE roster.

If you really are the biggest (only) game in town, as you claim, then you don't bother with the little guys.  You stay "above" it.  When you start provoking/arguing/engaging them, you give them credibility.  It might even go as far as seeming like you see them as a threat.  

You'd think for a company as big as WWE, they'd give their people some social media training.  

On the flip side, AEW executives shouldn't get involved in Twitter arguments. That's punching down relative to their positions, too. For everything thrown at Triple H and Stephanie, fairly or not, they don't get mixed up in stuff like that. 

12 hours ago, gordi said:

Was there a big brawl to end the show, between people wearing blue t-shirts and people wearing red t-shirts? (And maybe also people wearing black and yellow)?

People can say whatever about Meltz, but he can be a funny mofo.

Alvarez "I don't understand why these people are feuding."

Meltz "They all got T-shirts for their birthdays."

Alvarez "But why are they fighting ?!!"

Meltz "It's the power of the T-shirts."

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

On the flip side, AEW executives shouldn't get involved in Twitter arguments. That's punching down relative to their positions, too. For everything thrown at Triple H and Stephanie, fairly or not, they don't get mixed up in stuff like that. 

Eric Bischoff did, though, and that was a big part, rightly or wrongly, of what made the Monday Night Wars what they were.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

People can say whatever about Meltz, but he can be a funny mofo.

Alvarez "I don't understand why these people are feuding."

Meltz "They all got T-shirts for their birthdays."

Alvarez "But why are they fighting ?!!"

Meltz "It's the power of the T-shirts."

That popped me. Bryan getting more and more perplexed by the booking while Dave just deadpans him is great audio.

The Survivor Series card outside of Brock/Rey is looking positively dire. I know I should be excited for the Universal title match, and if anyone can get a decent match out of Bray, it's Bryan. But it seems more likely than not that there'll be some Fiend bullshit to turn the match into a joke. Something like one of the Firefly Fun House puppets knocking Bryan out with a mallet.

1 hour ago, PeteF3 said:

Eric Bischoff did, though, and that was a big part, rightly or wrongly, of what made the Monday Night Wars what they were.

I agree with your overall point, but Bischoff knew going after Vince with guns blazing would cause a ruckus. He embraced it. I don't know if those currently involved have the same devil may care approach.

If everyone is in on the joke/work, using social media to build a full rivalry would be fun. I just don't think it can happen with how things operate now.

59 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

No love for Bayley/Shayna/Becky and AJ/Strong/Nakamura, huh?

You should know by now how I feel about triple threat matches, bubba. Remember how Wrestlemania 2000 was nothing but multi-man matches and it sucked and everyone hated it?

9 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Well, wwe ppvs seemingly always wind up better than people expect and then everyone gets excited and then... they go back to tv and the good feeling evaporates

There was a tendency for WWE PPVs that didn't look so hot on paper to overdeliver, but Hell in a Cell ended that streak with a vengeance.

Personally, I just don't get excited for any match with Styles, Nakamura or Strong anymore. Let alone one match with all three. Styles feels like he's coasting. Nak hasn't given a shit since leaving Japan. Outside of maybe a match or two in NXT. And Strong just bores me to tears. 

The 3-way women's match could be interesting though. Just to see which direction they go. Shayna has been so dominant on NXT but it's a different story altogether on the main roster. Would like to see it somehow set up a Becky/Shayna 1v1 match. Shayna is starting to grow stagnant on NXT since she's ran through the entire roster & new challengers on the main roster would help her a lot. 

I know it won't happen but if WWE tried to shock the shit out of everyone & have Killian Dain win the NXT Title out of nowhere, I wouldn't be mad at that either. 

Dave hit it directly on the head. Other than Brock/Rey everything else for Survivor Series is just a bunch of T shirts fighting each other. It makes everyone involved look like the largest possible geek since no one will give two shits about the BRANDS like a week after the show max. 

3 hours ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Its a cold world. Racists need to stick together.

Posts like this are why the "like" button needs to be re-enabled.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Brandi getting involved was so unnecessary though. 

No more unnecessary than Charlotte Flair valley girl-ing her way into the argument with her brainless bubblegum bimbo response. 

I wonder if there's some legit Flair-Rhodes heat there from their NXT/WWE days, because Charlotte got pushed to the top while Brandi was relegated to the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Please Pro Wrestling Gods, let them give The Revival vs. O'Reilly & Fish lots of time with no screwy outside interference. This match could be so damn good, if they let it be.

They won't. It will just be the next battle in the Great T Shirt War of 2019.