Pro Wrestling Only

WWE NXT War Games 2019 - MENGO

KawadaSmile

Something else that should be mentioned is that Mauro was having a bad week because he was set to do a main roster show again which was triggering his issues (see, that's why people don't like shitheads co opting that term) so this was an especially bad time for Corey to decide to shit on him publicly. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

What he said in itself wasn't specially harsh, yes, you're right. But like I said earlier, this is something he should've told him in private. Something like: "Hey Mauro, you did great and everything but if you could leave more room for Nigel and Beth to add to your commentary, that'd be even better." Simple as that. Would've this implied Mauro's meltdown? Maybe not. But at least, people would be far less critical of Corey if he had done it that way. As far as Mauro's mental health, it's not my place to judge as I have no clue what it must be like, being in his shoes.

Also, that's HHH or Vince's place to say that to Mauro, not Corey Graves.

Not going to post it here, but did Rusev tweet out Corey Graves' phone number? :o

4 hours ago, El-P said:

Can we blame Corey being a total douche to his concussion issues ? 

Then we go back to the slippery slope of using Mauro's mental illness to excuse...well, whatever it is people don't like about him, his style, how he reacts to bullying, etc.

It goes both ways.

What's good for the goose has to be good for the gander as well.

Either they both get a free pass or neither of them do. 

47 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Not going to post it here, but did Rusev tweet out Corey Graves' phone number? :o

Then we go back to the slippery slope of using Mauro's mental illness to excuse...well, whatever it is people don't like about him, his style, how he reacts to bullying, etc.

It goes both ways.

What's good for the goose has to be good for the gander as well.

Either they both get a free pass or neither of them do. 

If it’s 2813308004, that’s the title of a song.

Wow. Bischoff trying to make himself relevant by replying to Corey like he's Dixie Carter piling on Cornette last week, only to get bitchslapped. This stuff is crazy ! :lol: (can anyone elaborate on the story that apparently Conrad was not happy about then ? If anyone is still listening to that show, that is ?)

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Wow. Bischoff trying to make himself relevant by replying to Corey like he's Dixie Carter piling on Cornette last week, only to get bitchslapped. This stuff is crazy ! :lol: (can anyone elaborate on the story that apparently Conrad was not happy about then ? If anyone is still listening to that show, that is ?)

I think it was that Bischoff had said that at Tony Schiavone's roast or whatever, Tony Khan had stormed out after Mark Madden called him a money mark. Conrad and others have since said that was not true and that Tony had simply left to go downstairs and eat with others.

Rusev tossing out Mike Jones' phone number has got to be the best thing to come out of WarGames.

I tried watching this show, after some strong recommendations from a friend. Outside of some Cody and Callihan matches, I just haven't seen any wrestling this year. And I guess it's safe to say 2019 pro wrestling is not my thing.

Mauro's announcing is as off-putting as ever. I dug what I heard from Nigel, but all I could think about was how he clearly didn't know what to do with his hands anytime he was on camera. I'm sure it was just nervous jitters, but the dude was handwringing and clutching his palms at a crazy rate. The show is obviously not grabbing me if these are the things I'm picking up.

The matches were probably good. I honestly wouldn't know. I caught myself constantly glancing around and looking for any excuse to stop watching.

It probably didn't help that the opening video package was sooo fucking tired and dated. Hey, guys. 'Member when WWE carefully created those killer opening video packages to kickstart their big shows?

None of that now. Every video looks & sounds the same.

"Make history! Our time! Sacrifice! Respect! Glory! Honor! Tradition! Epic! Buzzword!"

Just gross. I was pretty checked out by the time they opened the show if I'm being honest. 30 years of fandom, nurtured by 1980s Mid-South, the Von Erichs, Rock-n-Wrestling, and Attitude. But this is where I hop off the train, fellas.

I still listen to occasional podcasts. Arn's has actually been a welcome addition to my rotation. And I don't mind seeking out Cody's big matches four or five times a year. But yeah. Modern WWE by any name or color scheme is not my thing.