Pro Wrestling Only

WWE NXT War Games 2019 - MENGO

KawadaSmile

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

I hate when they try and pop the crowd forty times a match, and the whole thing becomes a series of "ooohs", "aaaaahs" and silences. That's how the three-way came across to me.

This is Pete Dunne in a description to me at this point. Nobody has gone from “seek him out” to “fine with not watching one of his matches any time soon” as quickly.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Somehow I find Matt Riddle having to sell for Balor more hilarious than Shane wrestling Angle.

Seriously! I thought the same thing. Riddle had to find a way out of the weakest chin lock in the world while still making Balor look good. The man is one of the best on Earth. 

Weird to give Riddle a loss here. Felt like they were building him up to be a big deal & I don't think this win helps Balor any. I assume it'll continue but that took a lot of wind out of the Riddle sails. I mean, he just beat him clean in the middle with his finish. Didn't cheat or anything. Very odd.

Just now, Coffey said:

Weird to give Riddle a loss here. Felt like they were building him up to be a big deal & I don't think this win helps Balor any. I assume it'll continue but that took a lot of wind out of the Riddle sails. I mean, he just beat him clean in the middle with his finish. Didn't cheat or anything. Very odd.

I would guess they didn't want to beat Balor in his first match back though.

Just now, sek69 said:

I would guess they didn't want to beat Balor in his first match back though.

Yeah but at least Finn still could have had the Demon to fall back on. Realistically, if they wanted Finn to win, he should have just cheated. Distract the ref, kick Bro in the dick then hit the DDT. Wouldn't have been that different but have a dramatically different outcome for the characters. Especially since Finn JUST turned heel.