Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series 2019 - Board Breaking Subtitles

KawadaSmile

6 hours ago, cactus said:

I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a main roster PPV as much as this. Only the main event was a let down. 

It's hard for anything to succeed in the "main" event spot of today's 4+ hour shows, and granted I haven't seen a whole ton of her, but Shayna Baszler is just boring as hell to me.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they ever do a Raw vs. Smackdown vs. NXT Survivor Series show again, I hope to god that they won't do these aweful 5 vs. 5 vs. 5 matches ever again. Sure, somehow they managed to get some NXT people over, but they could easily have done this in "normal" elimination tag team matches and have non-messy matches at the same time. The booking was all over the places as well. Why the hell are Candice LeRae and Rhea Ripley teaming up with Io Shirai and Bianca Belair one night after they were facing off against each other in (at least in theory) the ultimate grudge match? (without having any problems with each other) I suppose the argument would be that the "brand is bigger than personal issues". In that case, fuck them. And why is Rhea Ripley suddenly a chickenshit heel?

If they want to do the brand duel thing again next year, please do it in a round-robin way. E.g. each brand providing two 4 wrestler teams (per sex), one with a heel captain and one with a face captain. Then do something like Raw faces vs. NXT heels, NXT faces vs. Smackdown heels and Smackdown faces vs. Raw heels and get rid of the other three way dances as well (because those did not get anyone over).

Also, if they want to continue to have NXT part of the main roster PPVs, they should either scratch the TakeOver shows or move those shows to non-PPV weekends. Because building up to two shows in parallel with some wrestlers being part of both shows in completely different roles just does not work. Especially, if the guys who should be heavily beaten up barely sell that (apart from wearing some bandages).

And I would have never guessed that Rey Misterio Jr. was supposed to be the Joker. I was honestly thinking that he was promoting some clown care NGO.

17 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

It's hard for anything to succeed in the "main" event spot of today's 4+ hour shows, and granted I haven't seen a whole ton of her, but Shayna Baszler is just boring as hell to me.

I think the men's Survivor Series match would of got the crowd more invested as a main event as there's much more going on. I actually didn't think this show dragged at all!

I'm a big fan of Shayna from what I've seen of her (pretty much all her Takeover matches), but I notice she struggles in multi-person matches. Get her in a singles feud with Becky Lynch and I'm sure she'll create some absolute gold. 

I also liked when the surviving members of each winning team competed in a battle royal at the end of the show. A good way to set up an angle for the post PPV TV.

Of course, harder to do that nowadays when you have both men & women matches & don't do intergender stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I also liked when the surviving members of each winning team competed in a battle royal at the end of the show. A good way to set up an angle for the post PPV TV.

Of course, harder to do that nowadays when you have both men & women matches & don't do intergender stuff. 

I missed a lot in the early 2000s, is that when they did that? I totally dont remember show ending battle royals at all

4 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I missed a lot in the early 2000s, is that when they did that? I totally dont remember show ending battle royals at all

Oh no, it's a lot older than that. Like 1989 old. It was always pretty much Hogan or Warrior if I recall. It was like what WCW did the BattleBowl. In fact, maybe they only did it once? I should look it up.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:49 AM, Al said:

It was a tag match with winning faces against winning heels. Only done once, in 1990. I would've dug Andre vs. The Jumping Bomb Angels, the Young Stallions, the Killer Bees, Ricky Steamboat, Jake Roberts and Randy Savage in 1987. 

If they had done it in the other "traditional" SS cards...

1988: Hogan, Savage, and Warrior vs Perfect, Bravo, and the Powers of Pain

1989: Hogan, Warrior, Rhodes, and Beefcake vs Savage, Perfect, Bravo, and Earthquake

1991: LOD, Duggan, Slaughter, Santana, and Von Erich vs Flair, the Nasty Boys, and Blake Beverly

The first two would have been pretty fun, all heat-killing concerns aside, and they could have put Flair over again in the third (the night was already such anti-face booking anyway), so of course the one year they booked it was safe and boring as hell. :)

1993, speaking of safe and boring, would have been a huge mass of faces versus either no one, or maybe Owen Hart.