Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 9 - 27 Nov 2019

MoS

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

How did WWE let Kris Statlander get away? Pretty sure she was at one of their training camps?

First time I am seeing her, and I'm really impressed. And I know the Sears Centre will be hot no matter what, but she seemed over with the crowd right away. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

I know I'm not supposed to like JR but I enjoy his commentary.  

JR still has his moments here and there where he sounds like the JR of old.  I can't even imagine what it must be like for a guy who came up under Bill Watts in Mid South to watch some of the stuff AEW does, but Ross tries to keep up.  In some ways I'm sure AEW would benefit from a younger, newer announce team, but in a sense it's nice to hear JR and Tony calling Pro Wrestling again on television.

18 minutes ago, sek69 said:

How did WWE let Kris Statlander get away? Pretty sure she was at one of their training camps?

She made an appearance for a local Indy last week. I couldn’t go and I fear I’ll regret that for a long time.

13 minutes ago, MoS said:

They really need to do more vignettes. If nothing else, put them on Twitter and social media prior to debuting them, so the reaction is not blunted by utter confusion. 

Agree, but there is also a contingency of people I've noticed online who are waiting to scream WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? WHY WAS THERE NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS? if Cody wears a blue suit instead of pink or whatever.

1 minute ago, FMKK said:

Agree, but there is also a contingency of people I've noticed online who are waiting to scream WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? WHY WAS THERE NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS? if Cody wears a blue suit instead of pink or whatever.

Yeah, that's true. The number of people just hoping/waiting for AEW to fail is many, and that's quite sad. 

17 minutes ago, MoS said:

They really need to do more vignettes. If nothing else, put them on Twitter and social media prior to debuting them, so the reaction is not blunted by utter confusion. 

I like that AEW is introducing me to people I'm not familiar with. It's weird they do it in a way where they think the crowd is going to react with a big pop. They definitely need to explain who some of these people are more. Especially if Excalibur on commentary is pretending he already knows everyone. I dig the look of The Blade & The Butcher. So I hope we learn more & soon. Hope that Suplex into Lungblower isn't their finish though. That was... not impressive.

It's weird how AEW feels like it's more my speed when I don't love a lot of the wrestling style they try to push. But like all the Jericho stuff has been great to me. They do entertaining, non-wrestling stuff a lot. That's where NXT really fails.