Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/02 - 12/08 DiCaprio is setting the world on fire!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also a big hole in the Indies for star names right now since WWE and then AEW started signing everyone up. Harper could easily ride the wave and get great bookings through Mania weekend and into the summer without even needing to sign with a national promotion. I'd love to see him do something random like work a Champion Carnival but it wouldn't surprise me if he showed up on Dynamite in the new year.

I have absolutely no idea how and why WWE managed to so completely miss the boat and not understand what they had in Luke Harper.  I really hope he is allowed to sign with AEW, and if he is AEW are nuts if they don't grab him up, right away.  I know they have said repeatedly they don't want to just sign up every WWE reject but you have to believe Brodie Lee would be an exception. I still think that guy has a huge amount of upside.  Rowan has improved by leaps and bounds, but it amazes me that WWE has stuck with Rowan and did squat with Harper.  That's just crazy.

23 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

YES!  Another Lorcan & Burch fan, I thought I was the only one!

Burch and Lorcan are awesome! That title match they had against The UE where the crowd was flat out booing them and then Oney decided to just kill himself to get the crowd going was demented. Love that match, and it was all because of them.

4 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

In more great news for AEW, they can pick up the Ascension now too as they've just been released 

Cody will need to go into the darkest corners of his mind and seek help in the Wasteland to fend off against BBB.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

For all that is holy, can Harper work the Champions Carnival? I'm not that greedy for ask for him to work the Strong Climb but please just 1 big tour in All Japan with the big boys.

Oh my God, yes.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, The Thread Killer said:

YES!  Another Lorcan & Burch fan, I thought I was the only one!

Okay @SirEdger, it's you and me...the Quebec/Ontario connection.  All we have to do now is convince all other Pro Wrestling fans in the world and then WWE management to get behind Lorcan & Burch and give them a huge push, culminating in their winning the Raw, Smackdown and NXT Tag Team titles simultaneously in the Main Event of Wrestlemania.  I believe we can do this.

Just give us the book of WWE. We'll make the Brit-Am Brawlers the most feared tag team in pro wrestling.

13 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

In more great news for AEW, they can pick up the Ascension now too as they've just been released 

Next NWA tag team champions.

Hopefully Scurll and Harper end up in AEW doing Villain Enterprise, so people can bitch about the finger breaking spot and yet another cult-like stable and whatnot.

The Ascension are the exact kind of act that AEW should stay away from, at least for now.  Unfortunately for them, they have the stink of WWE failure all over them.  If they intend to stay working in Pro Wrestling then they'd probably be best either breaking up and going their separate ways, or totally rebooting themselves and working the Indies for a while trying to get a new buzz going before somebody else signs them. 

Whenever somebody leaves WWE, they usually seem to go one of three ways.  Either they just give up and vanish from the scene altogether, they buckle down and try and generate positive word of mouth (like Cody or Drew Galloway) or they try and come up with a gimmick that is as close as possible to their WWE gimmick without infringing on the copyright (eg: Enzo becoming nZo, Big Cass becoming CazzXL).  If I was The Ascension, I'd wipe off the paint, get a whole new look and start going by a different name. 

If they show up at your local Indy in 90 Days in the exact same gear and going as "The Azcenzion" then we'll know what route they're planning to take.