Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2020-21

flyonthewall2983

10 minutes ago, SteveJRogers said:

All giving you crap over the “Top 5 of The Attitude Era” comment aside, I wonder how much the signing is going to hurt Christian’s eventual enshrinement.

I’d imagine they were leaning towards inducting him this year, or at least within the next 5 years, until he realized he still had something left in the tank.  So who knows how far his clock got reset for.

I imagine he'll still get in eventually, but probably only as "Edge and Christian." :( 

Billy Gunn got in with DX while working for AEW, so I can see WWE trying to pull that card for 2022. Whether Khan would still allow it at that point is another story. Right now, he seems very open to things like that. Another years of BS from WWE might harden him more.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, C.S. said:

What?! Molly should have been in years ago, way before Barbie Doll models like Torrie WIlson, who was the least over character of the three in the Torrie-Al Wilson-Dawn Marie soap opera.

Molly was a good worker at a time there was barely any in the women's division. And that's it. She was an undercard act. One of her most infamous angle was being made fun of because she was "fat". Anyway, it's not like the WWE HOF means anything. Still, I truly wonder why Sable isn't in it yet. She really was the top 2 star of the Attitude Era, all joking aside, for a moment.

It's funny, her case is something I have reconsidered in the lights of Conrad's podcasts and prism of everyday misogyny. We're absolutely dealing with a case of slut-shaming I beliebe with her (as was the case with Chyna), because all she did was basically show her body (although she did work a few matches here and there despite never been trained). The super negative perception she has had for years kinda changes a bit when you realize she was not a performer at all, was thrown under the lights and in a matter of a few months became a legit draw in the pro-wrestling industry, no matter the reason. Add to the fact she apparently was the shy, loner kind (you don't marry Brock Lesnar if you're a socialite, I don't think), like guys like Luger were, and that's a recipe for disaster in term of working in such a toxic masculine environment. We hear all the time about "what gets over gets over, what draws draws", well, she got over and she drew people. Because she showed skin ? Sure. Was she a good performer otherwise ? Not really, although she did look really good at Mania XIV while never have worked one match in her life, so maybe in another context she could have become a decent worker, who knows ? She wasn't a good promo either. In other words, Karen Jarrett she was not. The fact remains she's probably the only real star of the Attitude Era who has not been inducted yet.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

Molly was a good worker at a time there was barely any in the women's division. And that's it. She was an undercard act. One of her most infamous angle was being made fun of because she was "fat". Anyway, it's not like the WWE HOF means anything. Still, I truly wonder why Sable isn't in it yet. She really was the top 2 star of the Attitude Era, all joking aside, for a moment.

It's funny, her case is something I have reconsidered in the lights of Conrad's podcasts and prism of everyday misogyny. We're absolutely dealing with a case of slut-shaming I beliebe with her (as was the case with Chyna), because all she did was basically show her body (although she did work a few matches here and there despite never been trained). The super negative perception she has had for years kinda changes a bit when you realize she was not a performer at all, was thrown under the lights and in a matter of a few months became a legit draw in the pro-wrestling industry, no matter the reason. Add to the fact she apparently was the shy, loner kind (you don't marry Brock Lesnar if you're a socialite, I don't think), like guys like Luger were, and that's a recipe for disaster in term of working in such a toxic masculine environment. We hear all the time about "what gets over gets over, what draws draws", well, she got over and she drew people. Because she showed skin ? Sure. Was she a good performer otherwise ? Not really, although she did look really good at Mania XIV while never have worked one match in her life, so maybe in another context she could have become a decent worker, who knows ? She wasn't a good promo either. In other words, Karen Jarrett she was not. The fact remains she's probably the only real star of the Attitude Era who has not been inducted yet.

You’re not wrong for that assumption, though Sunny had the same like career, minus the matches and wasn’t as nearly as white hot as Sable was at her peak (mainstream attention for the product will do that), yet she got in.

What we don’t know though, and in the WWE Hall case, you might as well add this to the mix when it comes to the “Why isn’t so and so in” conversations, is if she had been invited in the past or not.  Certainly since her hubby returned to the company almost a decade ago now.

We know people have gone on record saying they’ve turned down invites for inductions (Honky Tonk Man) and plenty of gone on record saying they’d flat out refuse it if asked (Scott Steiner).  

Plus there is the whole event aspect of the selection process, and what goes into putting the classes together means there are plenty they haven’t gotten to whom whoever passes ideas for induction classes to Vince probably haven’t gotten to, or it’s assumed “they were in already.”  Could be a case that Molly was just the first name on a randomly put together call list.

38 minutes ago, SteveJRogers said:

You’re not wrong for that assumption, though Sunny had the same like career, minus the matches and wasn’t as nearly as white hot as Sable was at her peak (mainstream attention for the product will do that), yet she got in.

Honestly Sable was getting white hot before WWF really exploded. By early 98 she was already receiving ridiculous pops from the crowd. I haven't watched Mania XIV in eons, but I would not be surprised if she got the second of third biggest pop of the night. 

I mean, honestly Goldust & Marlena were a much bigger act than Molly ever was so you can argue Terri Runnels was a much bigger star too. I doubt Dustin is getting anytime soon though... But it's nothing against Molly, really, I was always a fan, it's just that, as always, it comes off really random, especially as a first inductee of the year. Reeks of "Hey look, we announce a female first !". 

Maybe they can induct Lesnar & Sable the same year. Marc Mero could do the induction speach.

Molly Holly going into the WWE Hall of Fame doesn't really correlate to Sable being snubbed by the WWE Hall of Fame. I don't think Sable's exclusion thus far somehow discredits Molly going in. That's just the WWE Hall of Fame as a whole. Koko B. Ware, in example, pretty much has his name come up every year when someone else doesn't get in. "Well, Koko is in, so..."

I'm happy for Molly & also think Sable should go in as well. Also because her name was brought up earlier, I have no issue with Torrie Wilson going in either.  

6 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Molly Holly going into the WWE Hall of Fame doesn't really correlate to Sable being snubbed by the WWE Hall of Fame. I don't think Sable's exclusion thus far somehow discredits Molly going in.

Oh, I don't mean there's a correlation. Also I could not care less about the WWE HoF in term of what it represents. But the fact they always want to induct women (for obvious reasons) and yet Sable has not been inducted yet struck me as kinda odd. I wonder if there's anything there (I know she sued them, but then worked for them again, so it can't be this).

The notifications on this site have always been wonky at best, but I was greeted with this today:

Notifications
El-P    El-P quoted you in a topic: WWE Hall of Fame 2020-21
14 hours ago
14 hours ago
14 hours ago

Thank the Good Lord that @El-P didn't actually quote me three times in a row. 

Anyway, yes, Sable should probably be in, but you're discounting Molly for being "just a good worker" when the Mighty Molly and head shaving storylines were both over, and her presence and lack of selfishness made the entire division look as good as it possible could have in the Laurinaitis Barbie Doll model era. 

Molly was - dare I say it - one of the top 5 WWE "divas" of her era.  

10 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Notifications
14 hours ago
14 hours ago
14 hours ago

Connection issue just as I posted = triple post.

Would it be too soon to induct Jon Huber? I mean, after his death, we got a lot of tweets from WWE guys showing how loved in the locker room he was, and for a time, the Wyatt family were pretty big. OTOH, I dont know if he really had a HOF-level career (yeah, I know about other guys like Koko or Hillbilly, but they were arguably more over than Huber). On a different note, I can see the Warrior award (if they give it out this year) being a "virtual" award for all the front-line workers, a safe induction and some good PR for the company.

I could see them doing it, but in WWE canon his highest level was being in a stable and I'd wager Vince would get the wigglies over honoring someone who left to to bigger things in the rival fed. 

If I were someone with any pull in WWE, I'd recommend giving him the Warrior award since he clearly meant so much to so many in the company.

16 hours ago, JRH said:

Would it be too soon to induct Jon Huber? I mean, after his death, we got a lot of tweets from WWE guys showing how loved in the locker room he was, and for a time, the Wyatt family were pretty big. OTOH, I dont know if he really had a HOF-level career (yeah, I know about other guys like Koko or Hillbilly, but they were arguably more over than Huber). On a different note, I can see the Warrior award (if they give it out this year) being a "virtual" award for all the front-line workers, a safe induction and some good PR for the company.

Vince has the final say. I don't it happens in his lifetime. 

6 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

Batista has been removed from the induction roll.

Considering he was supposed to be the headliner for 2020, that's huge. There has to have been some sort of fallout; I know that Batista wanted Fit Finlay to induct him and if WWE said no, it could be that Batista decided to turn it down.

It could be something as simple as Batista's schedule is already busy on the day of the Hall of Fame so he can't make the ceremony, or it could be something like Batista turning it down because of CoVid-19 protocol & too many positive tests in WWE. It could be anything, really.