Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2020-21

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure some wrestling fans will be fuming about Khali's induction which I'll enjoy. Kane and Khali are both obvious inductions given the parameters. Here's Undertaker telling Kane the news: https://mobile.twitter.com/WWETheBump/status/1374746413138071552 

Much like Bischoff he gets emotional. Even though fans, me included, seem to care less and less about this HOF and it's overly long induction ceremony, it's quite cool to see that it still means a lot to most of the talent. 

2 hours ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

I'm sure some wrestling fans will be fuming about Khali's induction which I'll enjoy. Kane and Khali are both obvious inductions given the parameters. Here's Undertaker telling Kane the news: https://mobile.twitter.com/WWETheBump/status/1374746413138071552 

Much like Bischoff he gets emotional. Even though fans, me included, seem to care less and less about this HOF and it's overly long induction ceremony, it's quite cool to see that it still means a lot to most of the talent. 

Yeah, that's the part that I take the most out of those inductions. Seeing those announcements made live emphasize more and more how meaningful it is to them to be inducted, even if by fans' standards, the WWE HOF isn't exactly the most revered.

The weird thing about these emotional announcements is that....I'm not saying they aren't real, but we've learned from others that going into the WWE HOF is a process that involves being asked by the company (since people like Honky have turned them down) so it's not like the first they would hear about it is when told on a WWE produced show.

I assume Kane is the headliner?

I wonder if Batista backed out because of his complete and utter disdain for Khali. 

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The weird thing about these emotional announcements is that....I'm not saying they aren't real, but we've learned from others that going into the WWE HOF is a process that involves being asked by the company (since people like Honky have turned them down) so it's not like the first they would hear about it is when told on a WWE produced show.

Is Kane still under contract? I wonder if it works differently for people who already work for WWE vs. former wrestlers. Maybe being inducted into the HOF is buried in the contract's fine print as a future obligation if they're chosen? That could open the door for these emotional surprises. 

HOF induction probably means a lot to the talent because it comes with a WWE Legends deal and all that entails. In fact, that's why HTM has turned them down. He can make more hustling on his own and still own the rights to his character.

By the way, let's not jump the gun on Khali. The only source for him being one of the inductees is a since-deleted announcement from WWE India.

I would assume Kane is probably at least under a Legends deal since he shows up from time to time. 

The one that got me to question things was Molly, as she has no current ties with the company and even turned down their offer to be a trainer at the PC because she said she isn't at a point in her life where wrestling has that kind of pull for her anymore. She surely would have been asked by the company since unlike Kane there was a chance she could have been not interested in it.

WWE officially announced Khali, I guess the WWE India tweet just got deleted because they jumped the gun.

Someone on Twitter asked Dave if the current round of announcement reactions are worked due to the reasons I mentioned, and his reply was probably pretty close to the truth. He mentioned that there's a whole generation of people in the business who's goal was pleasing Vince and getting into the WWE HOF is an indication they did that. 

The Bischoff thing is like a bunch of abusive former lovers. The guy gets hired strictly to be a scapegoat, then gets fired in humiliating fashion, then get brought back for an "emotional" HOF speech. 

"But never mention that bitch Tony Khan again ! You can't see that guy anymore Eric ! I still love you. BUT YOU'RE FIRED !!!! Hey, can we be friends ? I'd love you in my HOF... xoxo"