Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2020-21

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bellas were forced to cut their speech to 3-5 minutes. #GiveBellasAChance

No inductors or induction speeches either.

Instead of a pointlessly bloated 2020-21 HOF with double the honorees for no reason whatsoever, they should've just kept last year's class and been done with it. Not like it has to be annual anyway - there was no one for years after Andre.

This kind of sucks.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

Instead of a pointlessly bloated 2020-21 HOF with double the honorees for no reason whatsoever, they should've just kept last year's class and been done with it. Not like it has to be annual anyway - there was no one for years after Andre.

I agree with your general point, but after they inducted André in 93 (to form the HoF), they had yearly ceremonies until (and including) 1996. At that point they stopped doing the HoF ceremonies until 2004.

3 hours ago, Robert S said:

I agree with your general point, but after they inducted André in 93 (to form the HoF), they had yearly ceremonies until (and including) 1996. At that point they stopped doing the HoF ceremonies until 2004.

I think a worldwide pandemic warrants an exception though. Calling it the 2020-2021 Hall of Fame and inducting the same people + a new headliner to replace Batista would've been fine. 

Legends inductees:

Ray Stevens

Brickhouse Brown

Steve Williams

Baron Michele Leone

Gary Hart

Pez Whatley 

Dick the Bruiser

Ethel Johnson

Buzz Sawyer

Paul Boesch

Their minority selections are getting bizarre (Johnson excepted, her story is worth highlighting). 

1 hour ago, Robert S said:

I mean Dr. Death was around during the Attitude era both in WWF and WCW.

Infamously in fact, with both the Brawl For All being structured around him winning, and in WCW mocking Jim Ross!

Part of me wonders if it’s just meant for deceased performers, but two people were inducted in 2019 that are still living as of today, and clearly Davey Boy Smith getting in shows they still let the deceased in the main “wing” as a solo act (as opposed to part of the Bulldogs tag, or the 1997 Harts faction).  

So maybe it’s more about the visibility/desire to show up, of descendants, or at least people willing to present them, as well as adding names to a HOF class?

28 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Two members of the legacy wing (Hisashi Shinma and Joe Cohen) are still alive. It's really just for people they don't think are marketable enough for a full induction.

Pretty much what I said ;)

Also of note, three “years” in a row the Warrior Award has kind of “pivoted,” sort of, to what Warrior said in his speech about employees of the company, more so than the inspiring stories of someone in the fanb...I mean WWE Universe.

They really made sure to get the WWE Speak into the show this year. I think every single person (except Molly Holly) mentioned the WWE Universe in their speech at least once, and the term "Sports Entertainment Industry" may be my least favorite thing ever. I also had to laugh at Hogan saying it was the "WWE fans" that made the nWo what it was.

This company never fails to amaze with it's bullshit.

4 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

They really made sure to get the WWE Speak into the show this year. I think every single person (except Molly Holly) mentioned the WWE Universe in their speech at least once, and the term "Sports Entertainment Industry" may be my least favorite thing ever. I also had to laugh at Hogan saying it was the "WWE fans" that made the nWo what it was.

This company never fails to amaze with it's bullshit.

Well, to be fair, a case can be made that a solid percentage of those who were brought to the product that summer of ‘96 were lapsed WWF, Rock n Wrestling connection era fans ;)

20 hours ago, Robert S said:

After hiring the wrong one-legged man, scouting the wrong Japanese guy (I think that happened twice) now showing the wrong black women wrestler from the 50ies? Is it a coincidence that this happened less then a month after the return of Johnny Ace?

It's worse. They showed Sandy Parker footage. She's a 70s wrestler.