Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2020-21

flyonthewall2983

If the inevitable happens, they'll probably wind up moving this whenever they reschedule WM. It would be nice if they did it at one of their facilities, just for the employees and production crew. Something more intimate like the ceremonies in the 90's and in 2004 would be a nice change, and a surefire way of preventing stuff like what happened to Bret last year repeat itself.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

What a colossal waste if they held off or cancelled the 2020 HOF because of Covid and no fans.

Sleazy, slimy, low class, Cheeto-fingered rasslin' fans are an absolute liability to the HOF. I don't mean just the Bret incident either. There have been so many other instances where the fans have hijacked what was supposed to be an "upscale" black tie affair and made it all about themselves. One that comes immediately to mind was when all the ham 'n eggers humiliated themselves by booing Maria Menounos, who was legitimately Bob Backlund's friend and therefore a perfectly appropriate choice to induct him - especially since, you know, he fucking chose her!

WWE should've just rented a hotel, made it a private, low-key, classy affair - which is how it used to be done - and filmed it for the Network.

11 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

So it's November and no new news. At least nothing I've seen yet. I wonder if they'll scrap the HOF like the did in the 90's.

It's been reported that the 2020 class will be inducted together with the 2021 class before the next Wrestlemania.

Agree on the fans too. One of the few wrestling related things that'd be better without them. There have been so many moments over the years where I've watched and cringed at the chants and heckles from the audience, with that Maria Menounos one particularly sticking out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 7:58 PM, C.S. said:

What a colossal waste if they held off or cancelled the 2020 HOF because of Covid and no fans.

Sleazy, slimy, low class, Cheeto-fingered rasslin' fans are an absolute liability to the HOF. I don't mean just the Bret incident either. There have been so many other instances where the fans have hijacked what was supposed to be an "upscale" black tie affair and made it all about themselves. One that comes immediately to mind was when all the ham 'n eggers humiliated themselves by booing Maria Menounos, who was legitimately Bob Backlund's friend and therefore a perfectly appropriate choice to induct him - especially since, you know, he fucking chose her!

WWE should've just rented a hotel, made it a private, low-key, classy affair - which is how it used to be done - and filmed it for the Network.

As much as I agree with that sentiment regarding WWE Hall ceremony fan attendees, plenty of physical sports Halls, including the big ones, are doing it the same way, mushing class years together.

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

She probably was the best all-around worker in that division when she was at her prime.

Kind of a backhanded compliment honestly. :lol:

But yeah, she was head and shoulders above everyone else. She's also HOF worthy and was a biggest star than Christian during the Attitude Era.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

She's also HOF worthy and was a biggest star than Christian during the Attitude Era.

No one was a bigger star than Christian... NO ONE!

But yeah, she should've been the first women from her era inducted, not years later behind Torrie Wilson, etc. 

34 minutes ago, C.S. said:

But yeah, she should've been the first women from her era inducted, not years later behind Torrie Wilson, etc. 

Nothing gives away that the WWE HOF is entirely decided by Vince's whims as this, All the women he wanted to fuck got in first, 

I'm glad Molly is going in. It's deserved. My favorite thing is how like, zero people have anything bad to say about her. Even some of the biggest assholes in shoot interviews when giving names in rapid fire succession are all like "...I don't know why she was in wrestling. She was too sweet to be in this shit business."

9 hours ago, Coffey said:

I'm glad Molly is going in. It's deserved. My favorite thing is how like, zero people have anything bad to say about her. Even some of the biggest assholes in shoot interviews when giving names in rapid fire succession are all like "...I don't know why she was in wrestling. She was too sweet to be in this shit business."

That's not strictly true Malia Hosaka hates her. Which makes her a bit of a meme in certain circles. But she's a bitter goofball who doesn't matter. 

18 hours ago, rovert said:

That's not strictly true Malia Hosaka hates her. Which makes her a bit of a meme in certain circles. But she's a bitter goofball who doesn't matter. 

Why does Malia hate Molly? I always liked Malia, but yeah, she comes across as super-bitter.

Man, it's easy to dismiss her as a bitter weirdo and all (and from the sounds if it,  it's probably correct to do so), but I can't discount the possibility that someone super religious can turn out to also be super fake. 

Maybe that's just me showing the battle scars from growing up with half my family being extremely Catholic, but there was just something about Malia's story that just rang really familiar to me. 

Of course the more likely story is that Malia just rubs everyone the wrong way and that was just Molly's way of telling her to GTFO as politely as possible. 

BTW, since Molly Holly in the WWE HOF is basically a joke (really now, Molly Holly ? She sure wasn't a top 5 star during the Attitude Era like You Know Who) but they need to induct women because Stephy invented feminism, why hasn't Sable been inducted yet ? Because she certainly was a Top 2 star during the Attitude Era for a while. And that's legit, no one moved numbers and merchandise like her, she was only second to Austin.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

BTW, since Molly Holly in the WWE HOF is basically a joke (really now, Molly Holly ? She sure wasn't a top 5 star during the Attitude Era like You Know Who) but they need to induct women because Stephy invented feminism, why hasn't Sable been inducted yet ? Because she certainly was a Top 2 star during the Attitude Era for a while. And that's legit, no one moved numbers and merchandise like her, she was only second to Austin.

What?! Molly should have been in years ago, way before Barbie Doll models like Torrie WIlson, who was the least over character of the three in the Torrie-Al Wilson-Dawn Marie soap opera.

If we're talking about top five Attitude Era stars who aren't in yet, that conversation begins and ends with Christian. :)

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

If we're talking about top five Attitude Era stars who aren't in yet, that conversation begins and ends with Christian. :)

All giving you crap over the “Top 5 of The Attitude Era” comment aside, I wonder how much the signing is going to hurt Christian’s eventual enshrinement.

I’d imagine they were leaning towards inducting him this year, or at least within the next 5 years, until he realized he still had something left in the tank.  So who knows how far his clock got reset for.