Pro Wrestling Only

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

In agreement with Shingo, Ishii, & MiSu being short changed on the show and not having anything significant. The only saving grace these multi tags will lead to sometime bigger down the line.

Yeah, I'd assume the logic is that they're better off having multi-man matches so that they can build to those guys headlining the New Beginning or US shows. They are running two tours simultaneously, which means two sets of main events. And while I'd love to see those guys get bigger matches, they hadn't built anything that was going to sell any more tickets with them in a better match.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:29 PM, Jmare007 said:

That's such revisionist history to be honest. You can't give a "masterclass in storytelling" when of the 2 years worth of story, 70% (at the very least) of it were either pure filler or nonsensical stuff.

“Long term storytelling is when Gedo does it.”

In my opinion, making it a two-day event is a mistake.

I would say the same for Wrestlemania if they were to do it as well.

Just make the one day better & stop trying to make it an eight hour thing.

It was never an issue in the past, when there were only four Pay-Per-Views a year & Wrestlemania was only three hours long... 

If I were a fan buying a ticket, I would feel obligated to go both days. Which increases the cost exponentially. If you're in a situation where it's a one day thing then you have to choose which of the two days to go to. That shit sucks. 

As a business though, I'm sure they'll make more money, so it's probably the right decision. As a fan, I hate it.

9 hours ago, Coffey said:

In my opinion, making it a two-day event is a mistake.

I would say the same for Wrestlemania if they were to do it as well.

Just make the one day better & stop trying to make it an eight hour thing.

It was never an issue in the past, when there were only four Pay-Per-Views a year & Wrestlemania was only three hours long... 

If I were a fan buying a ticket, I would feel obligated to go both days. Which increases the cost exponentially. If you're in a situation where it's a one day thing then you have to choose which of the two days to go to. That shit sucks. 

As a business though, I'm sure they'll make more money, so it's probably the right decision. As a fan, I hate it.

I'm afraid you're selling it short at 8 hours.  I'd probably set the over/under at ten if I had to.  It turns out I'm taking off the following Monday/Tuesday from work so I hope to get through most of the shows by then as its already going to be a busy weekend.

On 12/25/2019 at 1:59 PM, NintendoLogic said:

In case you missed it:

So basically a LMS/submission match hybrid. Should be pretty awesome as long as they don't do a bunch of outlaw mudshow bullshit.

I was never a fan of the "pinfall followed by a 10 count" thing. And as much as I love Cactus-Vader, the break period made even less sense.

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

They announced that they opened up some seats in the outfield sections by the big screens that are usually tarped off, so it looks like Day 1 will have over 40,000 folks in attendance and will be the biggest WK attendance in years.

It seemed packed as hell so that would be awesome.

Was able to catch the final minutes of Naito vs White with both just hitting stuff and then Naito getting a W in very decisive manner.

Okada vs Ibushi was the typical Okada match were the first third is completely useless. The second third picked up (had some scary bumps too) and the final third was incredible, to the point of the silly no selling doesn't matter.

I was surprised at how quiet the crowd was for the Okada vs Naito confrontation at the end. Not sure they weren't that interested in a champ vs champ gimmick  (would be really weird considering how much the show drew) or they just couldn't choose. Regardless, 2 years they were salivating for Naito and it didn't seem that way...we'll see how it turns out tomorrow.