Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 1/6/20-1/12/20: At least 2019 is finally over

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the main reason I canceled is because I'm going to be without wi fi/traveling for most of the next couple months and wont have a chance to watch anything. I'll resubscribe when things get settled, but mostly just to watch WCCW for World Cast. I stopped watching NXT a while back outside of pimped stuff and barely watched anything main roster related after Mania, but the old school content is worth it 

I thought it was an immensely watchable show.

A huge positive is that they're finally setting up things on one show that leads to the next, which was seemingly a lost art WWE forgot about for years. That alone makes these shows so much more tolerable. 

That pop for Big Show in the main event though. The more my guesses at KO & Joe's mystery partner were eliminated because of appearing in previous segments, the more I was ready to be disappointed but it was a nice surprise to see Show again. That crowd in OKC was fun tonight.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Kevin Dunn needs to be arrested.

Also, are they really calling Seth Rollins the Monday Night Messiah now?

Apparently Kevin Dunn hasn't directed WWE programming in a while or at least delegates it to Michael Mansury the Vice President of Global Television Production. Which is unfortunate as now it is just WWE's in-house style rather than Kevin Dunn's reign of terror.

They've been careful that every time Heyman did the whole "not a prediction, that's a spoiler" line, what he says comes true every time. Even before he was running the whole show he was very hands on with Brock's stuff so I would be sure he would make that clear.

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

They've been careful that every time Heyman did the whole "not a prediction, that's a spoiler" line, what he says comes true every time. Even before he was running the whole show he was very hands on with Brock's stuff so I would be sure he would make that clear.

Pretty sure he used that line to hype Mania and Seth left with the belt.

Yeah, and to be extra clear, I'm not saying its not a good line. Its a terrific line and I love the way Heyman delivers it. I believe it every time. 

Its really no different than the countless times any other heel used the word "guarantee" or "promise" or just came out and said, "...and I'm walking out of <insert city> the World Champion." When a heel makes a promise, its not necessarily about whether they deliver on it - its about whether you believe they can deliver on it. Ric Flair made you believe he was able to outsmart, outwrestle, and outthink any challenger that came his way - - but the stats don't lie. Dude lost. Alot. In big matches. It didn't change me from thinking he might just eke out of WrestleMania 8 with the title. I was an 8-year old idiot kid, but Ric Flair was also that damn good at making me believe that when he said he was going to beat someone, he was.

It may be a bit on the nose, but I like how Heyman has simply updated the verbiage by using the word "spoiler," which is just a 2020 version of saying "I guarantee ______ will happen." Its a minute twist on classic heel shtick and because it has come true a couple times, it still works - even if I do think he used the line to build up matches that Brock lost (not only against Rollins, but possibly/probably against Reigns before SummerSlam 2018). 

Good NXT show tonight. The women got a half hour and did more with the time than other shows. They even got over a NXT Uk feud with Toni and Kay Lee.  Really looking forward to the Time Splitters reunion next week. i hope they make it to the finals. Really good main event, I think Lee should have won the NXT title instead of the NA title but he's still over and maybe he can help that title