Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
paul sosnowski

RIP Kendo Nagasaki (Kazuo Sakurada NOT Peter Thornley)

From PW Insider:   

Reports out of Japan this morning are that Kendo Nagasaki (real name Kazuo Sakurada) passed away yesterday at the age of 71.  The story that is being told is that Nagasaki’s pacemaker stopped, leading to a cardiac issue.

That sucks. I'm a big Kendo fan. Was just watching some old Capital Sports last night with the Ninja Express.

Side note: Had no idea he was an All Japan dojo boy. Spotted him as a second ringside during a Steamboat/Sheik All Japan match.

One of Bret Hart’s trainers I believe.

5 minutes ago, Al said:

One of Bret Hart’s trainers I believe.

Yes, with Mr. Hito.

Maybe the title of this thread could be altered a bit because my first thought was it was the well-known English wrestler of the 60s and 70s also named Kendo Nagasaki who passed away 

Just now, Ricky Jackson said:

Maybe the title of this thread could be altered a bit because my first thought was it was the well-known English wrestler of the 60s and 70s also named Kendo Nagasaki who passed away 

Just done it.  I too thought it was the British Kendo until reading Paul's copy and paste job.

I remember Kendo Nagasaki (Sakurada) being my first exposure to a Japanese wrestler back in the mid-80s when I watched Lutte Internationale as a kid. His look always fascinated me and it's probably why I was always attracted more to guys like The Great Muta & The Great Kabuki as a kid, later on.