Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/20 - 01/26 Lost 10 pounds in two days AMA

KawadaSmile

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

So the Rumble is 6 days away and so far we have 4 women announced for the Women's Royal Rumble.

Revolutionary

While it's clear they haven't cared about the RAW/SD women's division since Ronda left, I'm still surprised at how little they've promoted it. 

We all know any able-bodied woman on RAW/SD will be in the match, along with several NXT and NXT UK people. But only four announcements to this point! No Bueno.

33 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

While it's clear they haven't cared about the RAW/SD women's division since Ronda left, I'm still surprised at how little they've promoted it. 

We all know any able-bodied woman on RAW/SD will be in the match, along with several NXT and NXT UK people. But only four announcements to this point! No Bueno.

Even when they did care it was kind of embarrassing that despite single-handedly inventing feminism and women's wrestling, they couldn't find enough people to fill a Rumble without bringing back legends and/or using not-ready-for-prime-time folks from the PC as filler. 

I am not being glib or troll-y. But the real PPV build is on the social media the last handful days and not on Television. Not my idea but that's been the reality for several years.

They do have big plans for the women's division. It is like four-six month out of the year style property. But it will be highly relevant again Sunday night. 

^ I'm guessing you're hinting to Ronda's return? Aside from Baszler, I don't see anyone else possibly winning the thing. Becky/Ronda, hopefully in a singles match, could be a fun feud. I do wonder what that would mean on the SD side of things. I'm guessing Charlotte will challenge Bayley because, well, that seems to be the only other woman they really care about around Mania season. They'll probably add Sasha in too somehow. As much as I generally dislike big multi-man clusterfucks at WrestleMania, part of me wishes they'd do just that with the SmackDown Championship - Carmella, Lacey Evans, Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, and Alexa may not all be world-beaters, but the whole company, every roster, all seem so stale. Even NXT. Maybe throwing some of these characters together can lead to some new angles. Cross, in particular, has proven with Regal and Alexa that her character can get over as a foil to more "serious" characters. Maybe they should give her a shot?

I'm not sure if I can come up with 30 names for the women.

Trish, Lita, Molly, Kelly Kelly, Torrie Wilson & whomever else I can't remember already came back to do it last year for "surprises." Is Nia Jax ready to return yet? I mean, I'm sure if they're healthy, we're going to see people like Tamina come out. Maybe they can get Victoria to make a surprise appearance? Outside of the women on RAW/Smackdown/NXT that is.

Including RAW, SD & NXT/NXT UK, I believe they have something around 50 or 60 women under contract so they wouldn't have difficulty booking a Rumble. Granted, some of those NXT & NXT UK women are no drawing powers like Trish or Lita used to be so they'd be tempted to ask them again to compete this year. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Man, WALTER seems like such a big deal, even with how they treated him on RAW but Mauro's constant, non-stop yelling still turns me off from NXT. Even just watching the clip from the end of the show for like 15 seconds all I could think was "Someone shut him up!" It overshadowed the awesome knife edge chop that WALTER hit on Adam Cole even. 

I genuinely don't get what other people see in that guy. I don't know if they relate to him because he's a geek, because of his mental issues or what. He's straight up not a good professional wrestling commentator.