Pro Wrestling Only

NXT When Worlds Collide (Now this is what it's like)

KawadaSmile

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I thought I heard he doesn't want to leave the UK? I might be confusing him with someone else though. 

He doesn't. Doing occasional US shows as part of NXT UK was as much as he was willing to do. 

Of course if the check is big enough that could change, but he wanted to stay close since he has ties with WXW and ran their school.

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

It still seems weird to me that DIY are bros again so soon after spending years killing each other. 

Lawler and Dundee teamed after blindings, fireballs, head shavings, and all kinds of shit.

It's wrestling. And I caught most of this show and it was super fun, loved it. Walter is awesome and is a super over .....nazi? Sorry, Imperium just screams "NAZI GIMMICK" to me, and that's my problem, I guess.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Walter is awesome and is a super over .....nazi? Sorry, Imperium just screams "NAZI GIMMICK" to me, and that's my problem, I guess.

You’re not the only one. I definitely get weird white supremacy vibes from this misguided concept of a stable.

WALTER is great though.

The problem is that it's based on the Ringkampf stable from WXW/Progress and without that context it's just a bunch of stoic looking Germanic dudes talking about being superior and with the climate these days that just makes folks make uncomfortable assumptions.

Speaking of WALTER, it was interesting to read an interview he did recently where he basically said he thought the Survivor Series plans for him were stupid (they were). 

8 hours ago, Log said:

Can you imagine wanting to be a wrestler, training hard to make it a reality, getting signed by the biggest company and then having a feather on your tights? 

I assume you're referring to Travis Banks? If so, that's actually a fern, which is the national symbol of New Zealand. 

14 hours ago, C.S. said:

You’re not the only one. I definitely get weird white supremacy vibes from this misguided concept of a stable.

Using that Churchill "we shall fight them on the beaches" speech in the opening montage of the show did not help to change that image.

Wolfe has some bad luck on these shows, he also got his face rearranged on the first NXT War Games show.