KawadaSmile

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Roman gets used as a heat magnet more than anyone, and these are the comments he still gets.

Well it's not like they never had Roman win a Rumble despite there being a hotter hand, so you can't be surprised when people start thinking it was going toĀ  happen again.

Decent show. It dragged, but that's to be expected for a card with two Rumbles on it. They should seriously consider doing it over two nights. Match of the night goes to the men's Rumble, followed by Bryan/Wyatt. MVP has to be Lesnar being consistently entertaining eliminating nearly half the competition.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Yeah it's still going to be Roman v Fiend at Mania with Roman likely being the first person to beat him. Don't think it will main event though

What will main event you reckon?Ā  Drew vs Lesnar maybe but I can see WWE putting it somewhere lower the card if it's going to be a sprint which it probably will be (and should be). Who's having this year's dodgy epic to close the show? As there has to be a faux epic on top of WM seemingly. Fiend vs Reigns will get shat on and I really don't fancy it as a match to be fair.Ā 

No way they have Fiend main event Wrestlemania. Had Ronda come back in the Rumble, I would have thought Becky-Ronda would be the main event, but she didn't, andĀ I don't see them giving Becky-Charlotte, if it happens, the main event cuz that has happened like a million times already. I am guessing it will be either Brock-Mcintyre or some celebrity they will make a deal with during the season.

I would assume that that Bray might lose the title at the Elimination Chamber since they can always do some fuckery there where they swap the title without him actually losing.Ā 

From the way they've been building Drew I would think he's the one facing Brock unless Vince has one of his last minute mind changes. If Ronda comes back the obvious program is with Becky, but what do you do with Charlotte? Another three way would be almost too WWE of them to attempt. I would like to see Shayna get the callup since she doesn't have anything left to do in NXT. They can do the Queen vs Queen angle there, and honestly the clock is ticking on Shayna since she got a late start in wrestling and it's a matter of time before she gets the dreaded "too old" label.Ā 

I'm not hugely into McIntyre but at least it's WWE actually giving someone new a superstar push. I presume Heyman is behind this. Hopefully they stick the landing in the build and don't get too stupid with it like they did with the women's main event last year.

8 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It's been 5 years, and some still want to burn Roman at the stake for it. I've heard of holding a grudge, but really?

I don't really care one way or another about Roman, but if they expected anything other than a chorus of boos when he eliminated the returning legend... Why put him in that position? (Unless they're doing Roman vs. Edge in a battle of spears, which I'd be into.)

1 hour ago, Migs said:

I don't really care one way or another about Roman, but if they expected anything other than a chorus of boos when he eliminated the returning legend... Why put him in that position? (Unless they're doing Roman vs. Edge in a battle of spears, which I'd be into.)

Because they know Roman can take it, and foi can't have Drew get booed in that situation.Ā 

Edge vs Roman isn't the worst idea ever, and considering he signed a three year deal...

I thought the men's Rumble was terrific. Had everything. I like Drew quite a bit. Not as much as some others but they put him over huge here and I'm glad they've decided to pull the trigger with him in a big way. The last few years has seen them fail to capitalise on a number of hot acts time and time again so this was a welcome change. I especially liked how he kept going back to stare at Brock after eliminating him. Most people wereĀ probably half expecting Brock to get back up and take out Drew when he had his back turned so why shouldn't he be aware of that too? Logic. Edge's return was incredible. I've never been his biggest fan but it was quite something to see the look on his face as he emerged from the smoke. What a moment. MVP was always a personal favourite of mine too so I enjoyed his cameo. Big Keith Lee came out look pretty good. Riddle less so. I can see Vince thinking the guy's a bit of a dork and enjoy making him out to be such.

The women's rumble was enjoyable enough but didn't have half the drama and feeling of importance that the men's did (unlike last year which was probably the other way around). I was fine with the Santina appearance. Having him eliminate himself seemed to show a self awareness, acknowledging that the women's division has moved on from those days. I like Baszler a lot and wanted her to win but I thought most of her eliminations came across as a bit casual. Charlotte winning is a boring choice which I didn't particularly care for, but it does continue to amuse me just how much some people seem to hate her.Ā 

I can understand people hating the Brock section but I loved it. It felt like every guy coming out was someone who had been fantasy booked against him at some point and each encounter was a little microcosm of what they could do. It all built to that fantastic Drew elimination and really, he had to win after that or else it was basically the Maven spot 20 years on.

And yeah, Charlotte winning was the lamest thing imaginable but they already book her like she's some kind of living legend, she was going to win a Rumble sooner rather than later.