Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Royal Rumble 2020

KawadaSmile

4 minutes ago, Stiva said:

I can understand people hating the Brock section but I loved it. It felt like every guy coming out was someone who had been fantasy booked against him at some point and each encounter was a little microcosm of what they could do. It all built to that fantastic Drew elimination and really, he had to win after that or else it was basically the Maven spot 20 years on.

Now I want to see Brock beating someone while chewing popcorn.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Migs said:

AEW seems to take a lot of care on these issues as well. I haven't had the sense of anyone working with a head injury.

I'm pretty sure Kenny Omega has suffered a head injury and is dealing with serious neurological problems.  Well, I assume he is...because that would explain his constant blinking, unexplained head movements, and incessant twitching.

5 hours ago, Stiva said:

We got the awesome dance to MVPs music, at least. I also popped for him saying "Who's this big fella?!" when he saw Keith Lee.

I loved Brock's reaction to Keith Lee, he looked like a puppy excited to play with a new toy.

Also it looks like AJ might have got a shoulder injury last night, I thought his elimination looked odd and according to Dave he called an audible to get eliminated after taking the spear from Edge. 

He also stated Beth was fine after her bloodbath as well, and as someone who got a 5 on the Muta scale from nicking the back of my head while shaving I can attest to that area bleeding like a stuck pig the slightest injury. 

Watching the Men's Rumble. Look, some people say that Brock ain't shit for business but my God some of those reactions when he was losing momentum were unbelievable.

Lee shoulder tackling him, Kofi's flurry and the joint effort with Rey and Big E... just unbelievable stuff. Crowd was losing their shit for anything that indicated Brock was getting eliminated, because he's that credible of a seller. Great stuff.

14 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Watching the Men's Rumble. Look, some people say that Brock ain't shit for business but my God some of those reactions when he was losing momentum were unbelievable.

Lee shoulder tackling him, Kofi's flurry and the joint effort with Rey and Big E... just unbelievable stuff. Crowd was losing their shit for anything that indicated Brock was getting eliminated, because he's that credible of a seller. Great stuff.

Totally agree.  For me, the Rumble got really boring once Brock was out.  

19 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'm not even sure what's the most shocking thing there, that Cedric was on Main event...that he lost...or that Riddick Moss is still in WWE somewhere. 

Well given what happened on RAW last night it makes some sense.  although putting Moss with Mojo Rawley of all people is hardly progress.  But better than nothing

So if the current opinion is that Charlotte is facing Rhea Ripley, that is confusing for a ton of reasons.   I assume it is a NXT title match and Charlotte clearly doesn't need to win that title and bury that roster.  Sorry I just can't buy Charlotte putting over someone like Ripley on Wrestlemania of all places.  Seriously they didn't put up Asuka who is miles better than Ripley and Rhea is awesome 

They want to elevate NXT to be seen as equal to Raw and SD, so having the Rumble winner challenge the NXT champion would be to serve that purpose.

Also I'm sure they know the only way NXT seems to be able to beat AEW is to have main roster stars show up, so that's another way to try to do that again. 

Meltzer also said that he thinks the Rhea Ripley match might be a placeholder and they might be trying to get Charlotte-Ronda done. That sounds much more exciting honestly. He did make it clear that it is not something he has heard from anyone, just something he thought of. 

I watched the men's Rumble cold last night, and really liked it. Brock was impressive and if he wanted to shut those up who said he had no stamina, he certainly did that to me. It's not Flair in 92 great but it was an effective gimmick which helped the match. I was never a big Edge fan but I like that he's getting one more run, and he looked great in there mixing it up with the newer guys. 

6 hours ago, MoS said:

Meltzer also said that he thinks the Rhea Ripley match might be a placeholder and they might be trying to get Charlotte-Ronda done. That sounds much more exciting honestly. He did make it clear that it is not something he has heard from anyone, just something he thought of. 

As of a couple of weeks ago, Ronda was training for a return. And then she basically went dark. It tracks.

In general, expect a lot of twists and turns. Always the way with women's Wrestlemania matches.

Ronda was also trolling after the Rumble posting a pic stating "oh you thought I was coming back", so she's definitely planting the seeds since her MO is to deny something before it happens (see also her denying Dave's report she was leaving after last year's Mania before she in fact ended up leaving). 

I haven't watched Raw in quite a while.  When did Lana lose the Russian accent?  It was really jarring to me when she started that promo on the way into the Rumble and it wasn't there.  Did she just drop it or was there a storyline reason she stopped?

1 hour ago, rovert said:

As of a couple of weeks ago, Ronda was training for a return. And then she basically went dark. It tracks.

In general, expect a lot of twists and turns. Always the way with women's Wrestlemania matches.

Can't wait til she headbutts the windows out of Charlotte's car or some shit