WWE Royal Rumble 2020

KawadaSmile

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sheamus vs. Shorty G did nothing for me.

The outcome was never in doubt.

The match never needed to happen.

I have no problems with a Sheamus comeback win, but they could also be doing something meaningful with Chad Gable instead of this, getting the benefit of both Sheamus and Gable instead of a scenario that honestly benefits neither.

Drew McIntyre winning would be...something.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but I've been talking about how stale the WWE main event scene has been and McIntyre getting the "outta nowhere" push would be undeniably new and unexpected. I'd be curious to see if they could get him over as a challenger for Lesnar considering McIntyre has always struck me as a natural heel and, in that position, you'd typically have a popular babyface. 

Of course, they could permanently castrate him and have him win the Rumble only to challenge for the NXT Championship - which I've seen suggested as a way to get the NXT Brand over, but anyone who would do that would be such a massive nerd and would definitely make them look like a total coward for not going after Lesnar. At least if Reigns wins, one might argue that him challenging Bray makes sense because he did technically "slay the beast" at SummerSlam a few years back and Reigns is on SmackDown.

6 minutes ago, cactus said:

The Rey/Andrade ladder match looks like it was great. Feels like we should of gotten that on the main card instead of this tucked away on the pre-show. 

Agreed. Humberto is not over and not a star, no matter how much they try.

As much as we talk about them needing to build new stars (Humberto) vs. going with old hands (Rey), it would've been fine because Andrade himself still needs to be built up IMO, and Rey could've assisted with that. 

I'm a bit worried that this show is going to suffer because of crowd burnout. They sound bored already. I remember Styles/Bryan had a great technical match last year to utter silence because of the fatigue of having to see two Rumble matches.

Humberto looks like right jobber. Not seen him before but he's not winning me over.