Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/27 - 02/02 R.I.P. Kobe

KawadaSmile

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Andrade got busted for a wellness violation according to prowrestling sheet. Tonight's angle wrote him off

36 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

And he kept the belt. What a player.

This pretty much proves that Humberto is dead in the water. If he didn't get the title tonight after that, WWE clearly doesn't see much in him.

52 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Maybe it's more Andrade being protected than Humberto being dead in the water?

Yeah I'm sure being the Queen's Consort has its advantages. 

It is kind of weird we're having Wellness failures again after what seems like years since the last one.  Of course it was rumored Andrade's was for cocaine which considering he's a luchadore who's associated with the Flair family seems like a given.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

This pretty much proves that Humberto is dead in the water. If he didn't get the title tonight after that, WWE clearly doesn't see much in him.

Makes it more baffling that they didn't decide to go with Angel Garza rather than him on the main roster. They wouldn't be looking for that Latino babyface again if they had given him a shot instead of Carrillo.

I haven't kept up to date with Raw (or any WWE TV for that matter) for months now, so I'm going to try and keep up to date by watching the highlights on Youtube. Because fuck spending 5+ hours every week trying to keep up with this shit!

Raw looked decent. The Andrade/Humberto match did more for everyone involved than their match at the Rumble pre-show. Although Humberto not getting the title of Andrade's suspension shows that WWE aren't too high on him, it did give him a bit more depth and proved he wasn't just a pretty boy babyface. 

I'm excited for Mcintrye/Lesnar if they can keep Drew fresh over the next three months. I'll never forget what they done to Lynch after winning the Rumble last year.

The best part was definitely the Edge/Orton stuff. The tension they got milking the crowd with the chair stuff was excellent. I loved the shot of Edge's arm shaking after eating the RKO. I've never been over huge on Edge as a in-ring guy, but he feels like a huge deal and I'm looking forward to him working with some of the newer guys that have came around since his 2011 retirement. 

17 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Shayna looked extra focused on Bayley during the Survivor Series build, so it wouldn't surprise me if she were the champ come Wrestlemania.

Running Charlotte/Shayna, Ronda/Becky and Bayley & Sasha vs Duke & Shafir ain't the worst of ideas.

I haven't watched NXT in two months or so, but did Duke & Shafir suddenly become not horrible in the ring?

12 hours ago, jiraffejustin said:

I don't care for Edge as a worker, but he's coming off as a real star, something that we see less and less of on WWE tv. 

I'll put the over/under by when he becomes "just another guy" at 4 weeks.

10 hours ago, cactus said:

Although Humberto not getting the title of Andrade's suspension shows that WWE aren't too high on him, it did give him a bit more depth and proved he wasn't just a pretty boy babyface. 

According to Dave, Heyman kept the belt on Andrade because he felt it was too early in the program for him to lose it and he's one of the guys he wants to build Raw around. So it's not a statement of WWE giving up on Humberto (yet). 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

According to Dave, Heyman kept the belt on Andrade because he felt it was too early in the program for him to lose it and he's one of the guys he wants to build Raw around. So it's not a statement of WWE giving up on Humberto (yet). 

Heyman seems to cool off on people though, or Vince cools off on them for him.

We've already seen it with Cedric Alexander, Mike Kanellis, and Vic Joseph. I'm astounded Buddy Murphy is still being featured. I wonder if Seth took a liking to him and lobbied for him.

15 hours ago, Coffey said:

That Orton/Edge thing was the best thing WWE has done on TV in quite some time. Managed to catch it thanks to social media & buzz & I'm glad that I did. Good stuff. More of that please! Pro-wrestling is at its very best when it sparks that emotion.

THIS.

I don't watch much of anything WWE does anymore, but this was tremendous. Pure pro wrestling through & through. The scene was allowed to really breathe and play out beat by beat, with Orton and Edge milking every millisecond of every moment for maximum effect.

It was one of those rare instances where the crowd felt absolutely all in as well. They felt emotionally invested, spiking and dipping in waves. The smallest or slightest movement from Randy was enough to send them into a frenzy. I absolutely believe this is what Omega hopes for with his silly twitching and shifting and Muta aping, except it's totally devoid of the emotional attachment - which is exactly the engine and the driving force in the first place.

I'm absolutely on board to see what they do in the eventual match. Part of it is curiosity to see how carefully they construct a grudge match around the injury. But shit. Some of that is this story, too. They have a history. And, more specifically, this segment just sent it over the top. It's amazing how effective a simple, straightforward angle can get me on the hook after all these years. I don't think I've felt this excited since Jericho started popping up in New Japan and wrecking shop like he was Brody or some shit.

Edge was great here. Orton was fantastic, too. Don't sleep on either guy's contribution to the finished product here, regardless of where you rate them or rank them on some fluctuating list in your head. This was magic. This was pure pro wrestling, pulling on emotional puppet strings from start to finish.

I never really cared about Edge as a performer, but his speech and his conversation with Orton just sold the whole thing. Both were astounding, be it crying reminiscing about the moments they had as friends, be it feeling conflicted about the horrible things they were going to do, it was an enthralling piece of television.

Orton might be lauded as boring by many, but I'd say he is one of the all time greats without any hesitation. He just knows how to make you react and never forget what you just saw. Between this week's segment and his feud against Jeff (which provided the most gruesome non bloody image I've seen in wrestling), as well as his feud against Bray (which he single handedly made entertaining), he GETS pro wrestling at its core.

I used to laugh when Meltzer would call Edge a good actor with good facial expressions, cuz I found his expressions the absolute corniest in the world. But he was out of this world brilliant on Monday, and this is the most interesting thing Orton has done in years and years. Raw is so much better than SD right now, even with SD having Bryan and Roman.