Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/03 - 02/09 Patrick Mahomes might be The Guy

KawadaSmile

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Rey really should've signed with AEW. I know that's a popular refrain about everyone and their brother, but it's not usually something I say because it's not true most of the time. In this case, it is. 

AEW didn't fully exist when Rey re signed, at the time they wanted to keep him from AAA where he had been on some of their bigger shows. 

15 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

What would be so different in AEW, @C.S.?

There would be different opponents, but I doubt his role would be different.

Rey is basically a step above Matt Hardy in WWE right now. He is used in whatever spot, without any rhyme or reason. Remember when he was losing to everyone, and then he wasn't?

In AEW, he would be used consistently and treated like a major player. That doesn't necessarily mean the World Title (although I'm sure he'd eventually have a run), but he would be presented as an important part of the show and utilized to his fullest capabilities. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

In AEW, he would be used consistently and treated like a major player. That doesn't necessarily mean the World Title (although I'm sure he'd eventually have a run), but he would be presented as an important part of the show and utilized to his fullest capabilities. 

I've found that in AEW a lot of the time people get used on TV a couple of weeks in a row and have big matches and some momentum, and then all of the sudden they're off TV and not even mentioned for some reason. It feels like one step forward, one step back. (Darby Allin and Private Party come to mind.)  I'm not sure AEW is the place to be "used consistently."

6 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I've found that in AEW a lot of the time people get used on TV a couple of weeks in a row and have big matches and some momentum, and then all of the sudden they're off TV and not even mentioned for some reason. It feels like one step forward, one step back. (Darby Allin and Private Party come to mind.)  I'm not sure AEW is the place to be "used consistently."

What I meant was that Rey wouldn't be losing consistently for a few weeks, then winning, then being Brock's bitch and Cain's second banana, then a U.S. title, then back to losing, etc. etc. etc. Even if Rey didn't appear every week for AEW, his character would still be presented consistently when he did appear.

3 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

The "Property Of" bit is particularly jarring. I guess Titan Towers branding irons contravene Occupational Health and Safety regulations. Plus it seems like a tongue-poking nyah-nyah-nyah.

"Property Of" shirts are pretty common in the sports world, the idea being that fans are buying apparel only real members of the team would have access to. If anything, those shirts in the PC photos are WWE embarrassingly trying to glom on to something someone else made popular. 

This Devlin-Breeze match is pretty good, even if I miss the time Breeze had a fun character and wasn't just a "serious rassler." I'd welcome a more serious transition, though, if I thought he was ever going to be pushed - but he isn't. 

With that said, it's nice to be reminded just how damn good Breeze can be. 

On 2/4/2020 at 4:30 PM, paul sosnowski said:

What happened to El Hijo del Fantasma?  Supposedly signed with them last August, has never wrestled one match

I've asked this several times to people who tell me *everything* but they've never returned a reply. It is very odd.

I initially thought they were just fitting him with a new gimmick/mask Gran Metallik but that has gone the beyond of the beyond.

Matt Riddle has ridiculous charisma. I know this comparison is a bit premature, but watching him cut his promo on this show made me think of The Rock: had anyone else cut that promo, it would have been ridiculous. But with Riddle, it just works and gets the crowd involved. He has a connection with fans that's rare in wrestling. 

8 hours ago, MoS said:

Matt Riddle has ridiculous charisma. I know this comparison is a bit premature, but watching him cut his promo on this show made me think of The Rock: had anyone else cut that promo, it would have been ridiculous. But with Riddle, it just works and gets the crowd involved. He has a connection with fans that's rare in wrestling. 

He certainly has the ability the Rock had to take material that would be stupid for anyone else and make it work.