Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/10 - 02/16 Watch Parasite now

KawadaSmile

50 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I love him already! Any top recommendations?

I did a whole bunch of write-ups a few years ago, midway down this page:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/search/label/Hector Garza

Blogspot is not great so the earlier ones might be hard to find, but really, just go to the lucha match finder:

http://www.luchadb.com/roster/matchfinder.php

and find some Garza matches from 2010-2011 with him as a rudo (red) and a video online. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole Garza family is pretty fun to watch. For some reason we get Multimedios (a Monterrey TV station) on our cable package here and was able to watch Ulitmo Ninja (Humberto) and Hijo del Ninja (Angel Garza) almost from the start of their careers. Both were pretty good, but Angel was definitely the one with the star potential. He even was on a Bachelor-like reality show where he dropped his mask voluntarily since he was so good looking and had charisma. 

The Shayna-Becky angle with Becky getting bitten, deciding for some reason to drive herself to the hospital minutes after insisting that she does not need medical attention, and then driving back and cutting a promo was pro wrestling at its nonsensical, glorious best and I loved every second of it. People trying to say it does not make "logical sense" or whatever are missing the fact that often, awesome pro wrestling makes no logical sense. I also happen to think Becky is the best promo in the company, so I was going to like it more than others anyway. But for my money it was awesome. 

16 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

The bigger question is why they would have someone with an MMA gimmick debut by doing something that has always been illegal in every MMA promotion in history.

She's too violent for MMA!  She got tired of all the rules and regulations and wanted to go where the competition is the toughest!

At least that's how Bill Watts would've sold it.  

On the subject of the Baszler/Lynch angle, I don't think it would've been better if they had done this stunt "hard way" because gross, BUT I thought it was very stupid to not only have the fake blood look like strawberry Kool Aid but also have Shayna obviously wearing lighter makeup to make it stand out more. She looked bizarrely pale compared to any other time in any other setting ever. I got heavy vampire vibes from the whole thing and that is just an unnecessary parallel that the WWE steered right into. 

I'm getting the feeling that they really believed Rousey was going to be back for Mania and then figured out she wasn't in the past 2-3 weeks. I'm a Shayna Baszler fan so I'm not opposed to her getting a spotlight match at WrestleMania, but I do think there were better ways to get from Point A to Point B if this had been the plan all along - including having had Baszler win the title at some point in November/December/January so that Becky Lynch would've been chasing the title going into Mania (the same way Austin went into WrestleMania XV as the challenger or the way that Hogan went into WrestleManias V and VII as the challenger or o put it more bluntly and in more cinematic terms, the Rocky III storyline).

Baszler losing at Mania is, to me, Becky "slaying a monster" that is not yet a monster. I mean, yes, to the NXT audience, Baszler is coming off a great run - but to the RAW/SD-centric viewer, she's not a "name" yet. And based on what I saw on Monday, some might assume she's doing some MMA-meets-Anne Rice gimmick.

I tend to agree with DMJ, as interesting as the angle was it did come off as them having to shoehorn someone in the Ronda spot at the last minute to me as well.  Also agree that they need to come up with better fake blood since once Becky was rolling all over the mat the "blood stains" looked extremely fake.

So we're getting a SmackDown Elimination Chamber. The participants are:

• The Big Dog, Roman Reigns (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!)
  • The Monster Among Men, Braun Strowman (yay!!)
  • The GOAT, Daniel Bryan (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!)
  • The Artist, Shinsuke Nakamura (*polite clapping*)
  • The King of the Ring, Constable Baron Corbin (*booooooooooo - with the best intentions*)
  • Robert Roode, I shit you not.

The FUCK is Bruce Prichard thinking?

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

So we're getting a SmackDown Elimination Chamber. The participants are:

• The Big Dog, Roman Reigns (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!)
  • The Monster Among Men, Braun Strowman (yay!!)
  • The GOAT, Daniel Bryan (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!)
  • The Artist, Shinsuke Nakamura (*polite clapping*)
  • The King of the Ring, Constable Baron Corbin (*booooooooooo - with the best intentions*)
  • Robert Roode, I shit you not.

The FUCK is Bruce Prichard thinking?

My guess is "Roman is obviously winning, so lets throw some people in there with him to at least make the match entertaining".

The question is if I'm Roman and I get told my program is going from Corbin to Bray does he ask Vince "did I piss you off at some point bro?".

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

My guess is "Roman is obviously winning, so lets throw some people in there with him to at least make the match entertaining".

The question is if I'm Roman and I get told my program is going from Corbin to Bray does he ask Vince "did I piss you off at some point bro?".

You have Sheamus, Ali and Gable in your roster. There's no logical explanation for Robert Roode.

Roman's maybe too damn nice. I bet he even loses the WM match.

15 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

You have Sheamus, Ali and Gable in your roster. There's no logical explanation for Robert Roode.

My guess is Roode is just there for cannon fodder so guys they have plans for don't have to take an L.  Just like I assume Braun is there to do big man spots (maybe smash one of the pods), and Bryan's there to make everyone look good. 

For those interested in more Hector Garza, here's a match from 2010 that I recorded live, with him opposite Cassandro, each of them teamed with a mini (though not of themselves, sadly). It was everything I wanted from what was, at the time, for me, a dream match. 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcipye

And here's a link to my review of the full show!

Lucha VaVoom 2/12/10 Road Report

7 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Road To Wrestlemania's usually have lots of changes to announced matches. I could see Roode as a "decoy" and a Sheamus wins entry into the match.

22 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Pretty sure that Cesaro had something like that circa 2013. Too violent for rugby! Too unsportsmanlike!

And Jim Neidhart in the 80s. Commentators would say that he left football because he didn't like wearing all those pads. The problem with that line of thinking in this case is that biting is also illegal in pro wrestling.

So Simone Johnson got signed to WWE and is at the PC. Interesting she's already tiring of the jokes from people saying her WWE name will be based off her dad somehow, when the only other person on the roster with a situation similar to hers has her whole gimmick based on "what if her dad was a woman". 

I wish her the best, she seems to have a real desire to make it in the business, but I hope she isn't too disappointed when Vince only sees her as Female Rock and nothing else.