Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/10 - 02/16 Watch Parasite now

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

So Simone Johnson got signed to WWE and is at the PC. Interesting she's already tiring of the jokes from people saying her WWE name will be based off her dad somehow, when the only other person on the roster with a situation similar to hers has her whole gimmick based on "what if her dad was a woman". 

I wish her the best, she seems to have a real desire to make it in the business, but I hope she isn't too disappointed when Vince only sees her as Female Rock and nothing else. 

Wouldn't that essentially make her Sasha Banks?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angel Garza is great.  From the first time I saw him on 205/NXT I knew he could be a star.  I like Andrade but Garza is way more charismatic, and it's not like Andrade is lacking in that department.  The two of them as a tag team with Vega, maybe add one more guy as muscle, could be money.  The two of them against Rey and Humberto could produce some great matches

And I remember seeing Hector Garza in the WWF back in 97 and thinking he was the best of all the AAA guys they used.  He was a cruiserweight jobber in WCW but you could definitely see the superstar potential even then.  Really sad that he died so young

The Garza/Humberto/Rey/Andrade circle is going to always produce great matches alongside one another but there's the awful feeling that they're never going to get used like they should. It sucks to be this cynical about 4 fantastic wrestlers but this is where we are with WWE these days.

So how should they be used? Roman level? Main events every week and multiple championships? Rey was already at that level and out of the three, I think Andrade and Garza can get to that. Especially Garza. Humberto is just missing something. Not sure if a heel turn would work better or not.

I enjoyed Bayley/Carmella on SD this week. It was Carmella's best match ever and it was the one time I felt that Bayley looked comfortable being the heel. Main event was fun too as it was nice to see Roman against someone other than Corbin for a change. Otis/Mandy was what I expected but Otis is so good he's got me looking forward to him destroying Dolph on the Mania kickoff show.

I thought that Bayley/Carmella match was really great, even better than Asuka/Natalya from a couple weeks ago. The women's division really seems to all be working to get noticed at once. 

The handicap match was really good too, although it's silly that Gable has a great match at Rumble with Sheamus and just weeks later is on the losing end of a 2 on 1. 

7 hours ago, Stiva said:

The Garza/Humberto/Rey/Andrade circle is going to always produce great matches alongside one another but there's the awful feeling that they're never going to get used like they should. It sucks to be this cynical about 4 fantastic wrestlers but this is where we are with WWE these days.

"Sure they're on tv killing it right now, but they might not be in the main event someday so I'm bummed" is certainly a take.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

"Sure they're on tv killing it right now, but they might not be in the main event someday so I'm bummed" is certainly a take.

It's not like WWE has spent the last decade plus kneecapping folks with start-stop pushes or anything. It certainly helps that Raw has been showing a more concerted effort to build up new stars for the future even if it might mean making some sacrifices in the short term.  

I liked the Otis Valentines date segment. After seeing Tucker build him up, I was expecting a traditional sports entertainment humor segment. So I loved the bait and switch of Dolph showing up. And then I assumed there would be a typical brawl or food fight in the restaurant. Instead Otis just drops the flowers and leaves the restaurant.  I like that what happened was unexpected, and am now curious to see what Otis does next. I think it's a good heel move for Dolph as well, because I imagine WWE's audience likes Otis and wanted to see him happy, so are now pissed at Dolph for ruining it.

I know nobody here at PWO watches NXT UK or cares about it, but I'd just like to mention that Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch are there now, and fought Gallus in the Main Event this past week...and it was awesome.  I'm thrilled that not only did WWE settle with Lorcan, but that they kept him and Burch working together...and then moved them to the one brand under the WWE umbrella that they can actually work to their strengths.

So the latest WM rumor is Cena and Elias having a match

I can't disagree with Meltzer when he terms it "underwhelming".  I didn't even remember Cena and Elias having interactions together at the last 2 WM and I watched those shows in full.  Elias is an absolute nothing to me on the main roster.  It's a one note gimmick and he's never had good matches.  The most interesting thing he's done in years was the interactions with Jarrett a few years ago.  And I thought he was a face now.  Apparently he's more of a tweener who changes depending on the show/audience according to some people.....so again, why would anyone care about this?  I don't watch WWE on a weekly or even regularly from month to month basis these days, but I do follow along with what's going on with the product and tune in here and there, and it seems to me like Elias has been a bit player at best for a very long time now

I'm certainly not the target casual fan (if such a thing exists these days), but in what world and under what circumstances is Cena/Elias appealing to anyone?  I say that as a Cena fan.  At this stage of his career if he's working Mania it should be treated like one of Rock's appearances from 2011-13.  He's obviously not that level of a star but why not try to make it special?  Cena/Elias is a cue to leave the room for a drink or bathroom break.