Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver Portland

KawadaSmile

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WingedEagle said:

Even with a cold finish due to Gonzalez showing up as an unknown, I absolutely loved that match.  It felt urgent and violent throughout with some really organic spots and never really dragged.  This show is absolutely over-delivering through 2 matches.

When Tegan put the chair over Dakota's neck on the table at the end there, I legit got bug-eyed for a second. That would have been something I've never seen before, for sure.

1 minute ago, WingedEagle said:

Even with a cold finish due to Gonzalez showing up as an unknown, I absolutely loved that match.  It felt urgent and violent throughout with some really organic spots and never really dragged.  This show is absolutely over-delivering through 2 matches.

Nox-Kai was the only match I was expecting to fall short (because WWE produced street fights often end up lame), and since it didn't this could be an all time great Takeover.

4 minutes ago, GSR said:

I've no interest in Balor vs Gargano and I imagine it'll go long.

Really looking forward to the tag and Women's title matches that are to come.

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Finn BalOrton ain't shit to me. Even moreso with Mauro saying shit like "extra"

Glad I'm not the only one.

Heel Balor is just as dull to me as face Balor, and Johnny Gargano feels like the rare example of someone whose main event potential was never fully realized in NXT.

Balor has always been overrated to me. Even when he was in New Japan as Devitt, I never really got the appeal. It was a cool visual when he would come out on the shoulders of Fale, I guess, but I saw that shit with Big Sal & Little Guido in ECW first. :D 

I will admit some of the Demon entrances are pretty sweet though.

Just now, sek69 said:

Nox-Kai was the only match I was expecting to fall short (because WWE produced street fights often end up lame), and since it didn't this could be an all time great Takeover.

I would've agreed had I seen this post in real time, but Gargano/Balor seems very underwhelming thus far.  Its early but certainly looks like Balor might be the guy to bring down Gargano's Takeover rep.