Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 2/24-3/1 Filling in for Brother KawadaSmile Edition

sek69

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Not having a decisive finish in this particular context is not the worst idea ever. In fact, if your idea is to make NXT feel like it's on the same level as other brands, a non finish is possibly the best route.

Charlotte barely needs to be heated up in order to make people care, specially in this case. She can be placed into basically any situation at this point, and people will think "oh okay it's Charlotte that maķes sense"

Bianca always loses big matches. Why continue that trend?

Charlotte has become a lot more political most recently. Like in the last 3 months. A total personality change as that has never been her rep. And no one really knows why. It isn't Almas's influence as that isn't his style. But a lot of people are holding their tongues about it. Sean Waltman on his podcast after the Royal Rumble came the closest to talking about it publicly. Charlotte pollicked Shayna out of winning the Rumble basically. She caused issues backstage last night too. The timing issue/run in botch wasn't Rhea's fault I will say that. 

1 hour ago, rovert said:

Charlotte has become a lot more political most recently. Like in the last 3 months. A total personality change as that has never been her rep. And no one really knows why. It isn't Almas's influence as that isn't his style. But a lot of people are holding their tongues about it. Sean Waltman on his podcast after the Royal Rumble came the closest to talking about it publicly. Charlotte pollicked Shayna out of winning the Rumble basically. She caused issues backstage last night too. The timing issue/run in botch wasn't Rhea's fault I will say that. 

Is she just pissed that Becky has surpassed her as the top women's star, which she thought she was always going to be? Or maybe she's just been dissatisfied with her (admittedly weak) booking over the last while and has sought be more assertive. She may have been promised a lot of things that ended up going Becky's way etc. Or maybe someone has been getting in her ear (HHH, Heyman, Ric?)

All speculation of course but interesting to thing about. I'm sure Dave won't be going out of his way to talk about it.

40 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Is she just pissed that Becky has surpassed her as the top women's star, which she thought she was always going to be? Or maybe she's just been dissatisfied with her (admittedly weak) booking over the last while and has sought be more assertive. She may have been promised a lot of things that ended up going Becky's way etc. Or maybe someone has been getting in her ear (HHH, Heyman, Ric?)

All speculation of course but interesting to thing about. I'm sure Dave won't be going out of his way to talk about it.

Why's that? Does Dave favour charlotte in his coverage?

Meltzer said recently that one of the reasons Charlotte won the Rumble was because she had been promised some things in the past that she did not get. If I had to guess, I would say Becky getting massively over and winning the main event of Wrestlemania in the spot originally intended to be Charlotte's coronation might have upset her. In any case, Meltzer said the company considers her their 2nd biggest female star after Lunch, so they do absolutely still value her. 

51 minutes ago, Migs said:

Alright, who's hate watching this Saudi show? I just remembered its today and I'm in to read someone snark this thing.

I'm here for some SaudiMania! Assuming this is the default thread for it.

OC beat the Vikings on the preshow

Tuwaiq Cup Gauntlet opening main show. Truth pinned Lashley then Andrade. Rowan got DQed.Styles beats Truth. Rey is the final entrant but the OC have taken him out in the back, then the OC get taken out by the Undertaker. Undertaker comes out, chokeslams AJ and wins the Tuwaiq Cup just like that! ha.

I don't believe any chance that Goldberg wins, but God I hope so.

7 minutes ago, Alucard said:

I'm here for some SaudiMania! Assuming this is the default thread for it.

OC beat the Vikings on the preshow

Tuwaiq Cup Gauntlet opening main show. Truth pinned Lashley then Andrade. Rowan got DQed.Styles beats Truth. Rey is the final entrant but the OC have taken him out in the back, then the OC get taken out by the Undertaker. Undertaker comes out, chokeslams AJ and wins the Tuwaiq Cup just like that! ha.

I don't believe any chance that Goldberg wins, but God I hope so.

So I guess they really are doing Styles-Taker at Mania.

2 hours ago, BigBadMick said:

Why's that? Does Dave favour charlotte in his coverage?

Ric's long been a glaring blind spot in Dave's coverage, and that seems to have passed down to Charlotte. It's not so much he favors her, but if Charlotte ends up being some kind of HBK level pain the ass backstage, I wouldn't expect him to be the first to report on it. 

I will say though that it seems despite her being a clear company favorite, there were some plans involving her that obviously changed due to the rise of Becky. I wouldn't be mad if Charlotte had a realization he has the pull to nix some of the bullshit that has been going on with the booking of her character.

Man, the reaction here is the complete polar opposite to wreddit and I'm in agreement here. Goldberg vs Reigns could be a great little match if handled right, but I do agree with the sentiment that they overdid it with The Fiend and built him up so much that a quick squash was rubbish. Also, that video is clearly setting up for Dr. Disrespect vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

I'm not sure what's more entertaining, Goldberg squashing this shit gimmick on two minutes or all the boiled piss from the Reddit marks. Absolutely the right booking choice. The only problem was having Wyatt in this position in the first place. He sucks.

I would be concerned about what the state of Smackdown is going to be when Roman wins the belt though. They've build absolutely nobody else. Are they just going to go back to Corbin again? Raw isn't necessarily the most interesting show but at least Heyman is starting to establish new stars.

-  Not surprised that the neckbeards are losing their marbles over this. The Firefly Funhouse sketches were a breath of fresh air. His new entrance was killer. Then they made the same mistakes they made the first three times they tried to repackage him or make him a bigger threat, overexposing him and not playing to any of the inherent strengths of his character. Did he "deserve better"? Yeah, maybe? But kinda not? The bloom was off the rose. The Fiend was not heralding in a new era of great WWE programming as much as they may have wanted to believe that he was. Kinda like the SmackDown deal hasn't led to a boom period despite the WWE wanting it to.

What really bugs me is the hatred for "part-timers" even though the part-timers are the only guys who have any aura or presence and aren't nerds. Like the belief the WWE Championships must be held by guys that wrestle 150 matches of year because these fans hate to see performers who are less dedicated to the company than themselves. I want to tell these fans to get a life and realize, just because they consume 500 hours of WWE programming a year doesn't mean Brock Lesnar or Bill Goldberg needs to give a single shit about anything more than the cumulative 2 hours they put in. 

Criticizing the company is fair (hell, I love doing it myself), but I don't get why "part-timer" has become such a dirty word when much of the "good ol' days" of wrestling that these fans bring up - even during the Attitude Era - featured special attractions and stars from yesteryear and guys that came in, got major pushes, and then left for softball season.

5 minutes ago, FMKK said:

It's like a weird cultish mentality. You have to show how dedicated you are by sacrificing your body at the altar of "This. Business." to prove you're worthy. Instead of you know, drawing money.

It's that, and also the abject failure of the WWE to create new stars so that only names from the past can draw money.