Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 2/24-3/1 Filling in for Brother KawadaSmile Edition

sek69

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice that WWE's social media accounts have their own version of weird WWEspeak? Every tweet has to have RANDOM CAPITALIZATION mid sentence like a text version of Vince yelling in an announcer's headset to make sure they really ram home the focal points.  Once I saw it was in every tweet it quickly became one of those things I couldn't unsee.

Literally the only chance of saving the Fiend character is for Bray to beat Cena at WM this year.  The ultimate revenge for Cena beating him in his first WM match that started the trend of him being the big match loser that he is now

Chances that Cena comes back to lose to Bray Wyatt are slim to none so this will be the death of not only his character but the wrestler

Meltzer pointed this out: it's really striking how The Fiend has basically badly damaged every face he has worked with except Daniel Bryan. The character was definitely over and I think it still has potential, but it should have never been near the world title scene. 

I actually think Cena is putting over Fiend quite strongly. Cena might be the most selfless top guy in wrestling history, and I don't think he would have any issues being dominated by Fiend.

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Meltzer pointed this out: it's really striking how The Fiend has basically badly damaged every face he has worked with except Daniel Bryan. 

Because Bryan was damaged long before The Fiend.

Once the hottest act in the world, WWE sure did everything they could to cool him down as much as possible.

He's still more over than his position on the card would dictate, but he's definitely no longer the hot hand he should be. 

So WWE sent out a survey about Super Showdown, like they do for all their PPVs, and it was interesting when I said I didn't watch. They asked why and gave a whole laundry list of reasons (inconvenient time, matches too predictable, buying non WWE PPVs, etc) except for the obvious reason most people would give for not watching this particular show.  There was a spot at the end where you could give your specific reasons for not watching, so you could still tell them why. I kind of feel bad for the web team people who have to deliver the results to management.

Tbh, even if the show was perfect the weekday Noon ET start is a hell of a barrier for North American fans.

i noted elsewhere that Goldberg’s performance may lead to a fan backlash at WrestleMania. The last two Saudi matches have really exposed him.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/john-cenas-return-gives-big-boost-wwe-smackdown-ratings-305341

Last night's episode averaged 2.717 million viewers. It opened with 2.736 million viewers in the first hour and only dropped 0.6 percent in hour two. Cena's return in the final segment would seem to indicate that was the reason for the strong number.

John Cena's still the man