Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/02 - 03/08 I know how to fix Bray Wyatt

KawadaSmile

Something interesting that I noticed last night....in the opening segment with Brock and Drew...at the end of the opening segment, after the 3rd Claymore by Drew, if you listen carefully and pay attention, you can hear Brock tell Drew "Don't forget to pick up the title" to make sure everything goes right in the segment. When Brock cares about building someone, he really goes all out.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Some of these guys on the roster needs to learn the power of the word no.

The other day, Braun Strowman posted this:

I was thinking, no, Andre would've never let himself get jobbed out like you have.  It made me think that more guys do need to speak up and stop saying yes to every dumb thing they throw their way.  The main reason that I really want AEW to be successful is that it would give guys an option.  They wouldn't have to swallow the horrible booking, they'd be able to at least threaten to go somewhere else.

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Something interesting that I noticed last night....in the opening segment with Brock and Drew...at the end of the opening segment, after the 3rd Claymore by Drew, if you listen carefully and pay attention, you can hear Brock tell Drew "Don't forget to pick up the title" to make sure everything goes right in the segment. When Brock cares about building someone, he really goes all out.

Surely a sign that Paul is all in on Drew as well. I hope they give him a shot with the belt. I'd be concerned that they aren't really building up any compelling heels for him to feud with post-Mania. Unless they actually put Orton over Edge.

I still enjoy Brock but it would freshen him up to be away from the title for a good while. 

7 hours ago, Log said:

The other day, Braun Strowman posted this:

I was thinking, no, Andre would've never let himself get jobbed out like you have.  It made me think that more guys do need to speak up and stop saying yes to every dumb thing they throw their way.  The main reason that I really want AEW to be successful is that it would give guys an option.  They wouldn't have to swallow the horrible booking, they'd be able to at least threaten to go somewhere else.

Oh God yes. I get the feeling that most of the roster is just happy to be there content with making money. Say what you want about guys like Hogan, he knew when to draw the line and flex his muscle.

Someone explain the appeal of Cameron Grimes to me. His gimmick, persona, and costuming are the shits - Skinner 2.0. This is embarrassing next to the cool and glossy AEW (not counting decidedly uncool acts like Dark Order, PAC, and BOOM BOOM).

9 hours ago, C.S. said:

Someone explain the appeal of Cameron Grimes to me. His gimmick, persona, and costuming are the shits - Skinner 2.0. This is embarrassing next to the cool and glossy AEW (not counting decidedly uncool acts like Dark Order, PAC, and BOOM BOOM).

Trevor Lee was one of my favorite acts on the indies for several years. A guy who could work with anyone, charisma for days, and just really fun to watch all around.

It seems like they have taken all of that, thrown it out the window, and given him a gimmick based on a fucking hat. I don't understand why some guys get to come in and keep their gimmicks, and some guys have to become Cameron Grimes and Isaiah "Swerve" Scott.

8 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Trevor Lee was one of my favorite acts on the indies for several years. A guy who could work with anyone, charisma for days, and just really fun to watch all around.

It seems like they have taken all of that, thrown it out the window, and given him a gimmick based on a fucking hat. I don't understand why some guys get to come in and keep their gimmicks, and some guys have to become Cameron Grimes and Isaiah "Swerve" Scott.

Agreed. I have no problem with the wrestler or person - just this terrible Skinner 2.0 gimmick and look (or whatever the fuck it's supposed to be). It's awful and looks like 1995 WWF going up against the hot and hip Nitro (in this case, AEW). 

At least Shane Strickland got to keep the "Swerve" part of his name, and I assume everything else is similar enough? 

26 minutes ago, C.S. said:

At least Shane Strickland got to keep the "Swerve" part of his name, and I assume everything else is similar enough? 

Mostly, I just think Isaiah Scott, and Cameron Grimes, and Bronson Reed are boring, uninspired, unneeded names for guys who already had a reputation.

I'm always reminded of the time they did a skit backstage in WWE years ago, someone (I forget who) was looking for the Undertaker and was asking Kane if he could get in touch with him. Kane said no, since Taker's not exactly the type of guy who uses a cell phone.  Everything I've ever read or heard about Mark Calloway IRL makes me believe that's true in reality as well. 

I don’t watch the weekly shows but is the EC card finalized for this Sunday? If I had a ticket, I’d be pretty pissed. No Reigns, no Bryan, no Bray, no Lesnar, no Goldberg, no Rollins or Owens?. I’m not even a fan of all these acts, in fact I loathe some, but in terms of star power, this show is really lacking. Are Becky and Charlotte even on it? 

I looked at the card, and yikes. There's not a single announced match that looks like an acceptable PPV main event. I guess the women's Chamber match would be the pick by default. Shayna seems like the obvious choice to win, but she's not exactly Vince's type. And he's already changed his mind once about pushing her (she was the original pick to win the Rumble), so I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up pulling the plug completely after her first match on Raw went over like a lead balloon.