Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/02 - 03/08 I know how to fix Bray Wyatt

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

I don’t watch the weekly shows but is the EC card finalized for this Sunday? If I had a ticket, I’d be pretty pissed. No Reigns, no Bryan, no Bray, no Lesnar, no Goldberg, no Rollins or Owens?. I’m not even a fan of all these acts, in fact I loathe some, but in terms of star power, this show is really lacking. Are Becky and Charlotte even on it? 

Rollins & Murphy have invoked their rematch clauses against the Street Profits.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sasha Banks and Bayley are truly, madly, deeply very bad at their jobs when it comes to being heels - at least based on their "backstage promo" this week against the Bellas.

Awful characters, cringe-worthy promo, completely unrealistic and unbelievable manner of speaking.

Just abysmal on every conceivable level. 

Daniel Bryan vs. Drew Gulak announced for Elimination Chamber. Obviously a personal pet project of Bryan's. Even though Drew Gulak does nothing for me personally, I kind of dig the idea of this match, because at least it's a fresh pairing that would have no chance in hell of happening on PPV unless a top star asked for it. 

Being a "good hand" and "good at the rasslin'" means less than zero to me. Drew Gulak needs to make me care about him. His severe lack of personality and charisma are massive obstacles in that regard. We'll see what Bryan can get out of him and what Drew Gulak can bring out of himself.

I'm rooting for Drew Gulak to make himself a star... I'm happy to have my mind changed and my eyes opened. 

Now, if only Bryan could request Mauro as his personal commentator... Then and only then would life truly be perfect! :D 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

I just love that Bryan is seemingly hell bent on getting Vince to care about folks he clearly would have no interest in. 

Agreed. A 12-month run of bizarro Bryan PPV feuds would be A-OK with me. 

I just hope Bryan and Gulak can get 10-12 minutes.

I honestly think Bryan should just request a transfer to NXT after Mania. At this point that's where he'll get to work with a bunch of new guys for him and get not only the freedom that he clearly has right now in terms of programs/ideas, but also the time to develop them without the frenzy of Vince changing his mind every 2 days.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

Daniel Bryan vs. Drew Gulak announced for Elimination Chamber. Obviously a personal pet project of Bryan's. Even though Drew Gulak does nothing for me personally, I kind of dig the idea of this match, because at least it's a fresh pairing that would have no chance in hell of happening on PPV unless a top star asked for it. 

Being a "good hand" and "good at the rasslin'" means less than zero to me. Drew Gulak needs to make me care about him. His severe lack of personality and charisma are massive obstacles in that regard. We'll see what Bryan can get out of him and what Drew Gulak can bring out of himself.

I'm rooting for Drew Gulak to make himself a star... I'm happy to have my mind changed and my eyes opened. 

Now, if only Bryan could request Mauro as his personal commentator... Then and only then would life truly be perfect! :D 

I am a Gulak believer/booster.

But around Cruiserweight Classic time the management/general consensus to Drew was the biggest and most hilarious overreaction ever. Too dry for TV. If they put him on TV the network would cancel them. The stock would drop to basement levels. 

Mechanically he was really respected and they wanted to make him a coach. Triple H made an early statement into the EVOLVE/WWE association that how Drew trains people is in the WWE way (Triple H said the same about Lance Storm like a decade prior). But if he ever presented to a WWE or arena = assured abject death. 

But Drew DID grow and develop when got an opening on 205 Live and largely when his fellow CHIKARA alumni Robert Evans (RD Evans Archibald Peck) was writing for him.

To be fair, Gulak presented the only way WWE would know how to present him on the main roster would be assured death. Hopefully Bryan can extend his cloak of protection long enough to show management there's ways to feature someone like that.

Someone jumped into my Directs Messages "During that brief of the period of time when Vince McMahon got hands-on 205 Live, he once described Gulak as "tasteless, and odourless".

Also, Vince F-U-C-K-I-N-G hated this match for idiosyncratic reasons. Why you didn't see Oney for absolute ages after. I know/remember Vince hated the flip out of the corner.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Yet here Gulak is on TV with Bryan. 

And if you aren't naming your sources, no one cares.

Nth years on.

But keep being you. Up is down and down is up my Bruce Prichard-adject. This is all part of Vince McMahon grand tapestry.

38 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I just had a horrible thought: Bryan vs. Gulak is going to end up on the pre-show, isn't it, guys? :(

I doubt it, maybe open the main show at worst. Unless there's some mega angle planned they absolutely need time for I don't see Bryan on the preshow. 

22 hours ago, sek69 said:

It is. I get the feeling the plan was to move the Big 4 shows off the network and get people to pay more though. I could see people shelling $60 or more for Mania, this show not so much. 

I was guessing they were going to want $85 for Mania.