Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Elimination Chamber 2020

sek69

Just coming in to say that Cena vs. The Fiend is beneath Cena at this point.

He's a bona fide star and The Fiend, as much as his fans hate to say it, is still Bray Wyatt from 2018, 2017, 2016, etc. He had some buzz a few months ago, but giving him the title was a misstep and the Goldberg squash was the nail in the coffin.

This is like if they brought The Rock back in 20whatever and decided to have him feud with Ziggler or Sheamus. Sure, Ziggler and Sheamus were somewhat over at that time as upper midcard heels, but they weren't Wrestlemania main event guys. Or, to bring it to 2020, if they brought The Rock back to feud with Seth Rollins. Rollins has a ton of accolades and titles and has main evented a ton of big PPVs...but does anyone consider him at the same level of The Rock? Or Cena? Or Lesnar (who he beat twice)? 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

. OH SHIT BRYAN IS DEAD 

it makes it worse that it really looked like Bryan got a stinger on the Saito Suplex.  I am guessing it was great selling but man 

That was clearly a work, Cole even had a complete line of dialogue for that that close up of Bryan's hand :lol:

The german suplex was a scary botch though. I think Bryan wanted to do a flip and land on his feet. At least he didn't land on his neck (both shoulders were square on the mat) but a bad bounce and that's another concussion for him.

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

You would think that would make a star in Gulak after the match.  But chances we won't see him for another 4 - 6 months except getting the shit beat out of him by a Braun

Exactly my thoughts. I wasn't high on Gulak before this, but it was a great match. Unfortunately, if there's something there with him, WWE sure as hell won't exploit it. It's depressing to think someone can tear the house down like this and it won't matter by the next night (Kofi has expressed similar sentiments in the past). Business as usual for WWE though.

This may be offensive but has Andrade been in a feud in the last 8 months not involving a Mexican.  All I remember is matches against Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, and Humberto Carrillo.  Granted they are really good matches and I ASSUME that we finally get a blow off feud with Mysterio but seriously let's expand his stock a little.  Even doing the Aliestar Black feud again would be good

I do find it funny that Heavy Machinery has to get into the pod sideways in order to fit.  As a fat guy I can relate

And that was not the start you want to see from Lucha House Party.  No idea what Metallik was doing there.  And then LInce almost kills himself trying to grab the cage  Great recovery though

By the way since the Revival is a Smackdown team and not in this match, should we assume that their WWE career is over?   Or is one of them hurt?

I know it is massive overkill in the Hell in a Cell match but surprised that we haven't seen a spot where the chair link cage breaks

HOLY SHIT LINCE DORADO.   I think Kalisto tried doing that 2 or 3 years ago and failed miserably.

AND THEY LOSE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SPOT :lol:

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

By the way since the Revival is a Smackdown team and not in this match, should we assume that their WWE career is over?   Or is one of them hurt?

I know it is massive overkill in the Hell in a Cell match but surprised that we haven't seen a spot where the chair link cage breaks

HOLY SHIT LINCE DORADO.   I think Kalisto tried doing that 2 or 3 years ago and failed miserably.

AND THEY LOSE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SPOT :lol:

The Revival were supposed to be in that Chamber Match but because they refused to re-sign with the company, they were replaced by Lucha House Party.

So yeah....I don't think we'll see them ever again on WWE TV unless a miracle happens.

When did AJ Styles become the Guerrillas of Destiny?  This match isn't bad but if you ed to step away, this is clearly the time.  

I thought there was a great chance the show would end by 10 given the lineup. While that won't happen it should certainly end well before 11, and thus far has overdelivered.

Started my live blog a little late, but some of that is because I actually went back and watched Gulak/Bryan again immediately after it aired. Gulak has been one of my favorites for a long time now, and I can't think of a match of his I've loved more. 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/03/wwe-elimination-chamber-close-to-live.html