Pro Wrestling Only

World Wrestling Federation

Blehschmidt

When the tumultuous alliance between promoters that stood as the unified AWA for one full year finally came crumbling down at the end of 1984, no one was surprised. While the different promotions have begun to position themselves for what appears to be a wrestling war in 1985, securing television deals and locking up talent, the World Wrestling Federation has been shockingly silent.

They had been promoting a January 5th super show on their Superstars of Wrestling television show, and then when that evening arrived, HBO showed the 1984 hit film Ghostbusters instead, without a mention of the previously planned airing. In reality, a blizzard in New York had caused the postponement of the show. HBO executives already confused by what the AWA alliances failure meant for the future of the wrestling company in which they'd invested, now had a Prime Time Saturday Night time slot left vacant by the company, and subsequently terminated the contract to air the WWF's television programming.

The WWF pushed on with it's touring schedule in January as owner Vince McMahon began to seek out a new television deal, but the problems for the World Wrestling Federation were not over. The Road Warriors, Hawk and Animal, the reigning WWF Tag Team Champions, walked out of the company and headed to Japan claiming they saw the "writing on the wall" with the failure of the television deal. The Fabulous Rougeau's would soon follow suit, choosing not to stay with the company after the agreed terms of their deal came up. With talent leaving, and no television, things weren't looking good for the former Northeastern powerhouse.

Then, a chance encounter turned things around as Andre the Giant and Jim Belushi encountered one another late one night in a New York City bar. After the two shared several rounds (and we mean several), Belushi contacted Lorne Michaels about having the Giant appear on Saturday Night Live. Once all parties (including Vince McMahon) agreed, Andre ended up hosting the February 2nd edition of the show, and it was one of the highest rated episodes in the history of SNL. NBC President Dick Ebersol seeing the potential of "these wrestlers" then made an agreement with Vince McMahon to give wrestling a shot on NBC, and the first network edition of Saturday Night's Main Event was scheduled for May 9th, 1985.

With the news that the World Wrestling Federation would now be aired on broadcast television, Vince McMahon began aggressively shopping the Superstars of Wrestling show to networks across the United States to air in first-run syndication beginning in mid-March. In a matter of weeks, networks across the United States had picked up the show, giving McMahon an influx of cash to hire on new talent and prepare the WWF to enter the wrestling battleground of 1985.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KpvmeVR.jpg

Airing in Syndication all across the United States of America from the Allentown Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania the World Wrestling Federation presents:

A funky bass rhythm mixed with a synthesizer beat begins as clips of all the World Wrestling Federation stars such as Andre the Giant, The Fantastics, Hillbilly Jim, Jimmy Snuka, and Tito Santana in action plays. It ends with Bob Backlund holding aloft the WWF World Heavyweight title and then cuts to the logo.....

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is wrestling's Living Legend, Bruno Sammartino and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. This week we will see Andre The Giant take on not one, not two, but three men!! We will also witness the World Wrestling Federation debut of "Classy" Freddie Blassie's newest client, "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly!

Lord Alfred Hayes: The WWF World Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund will be here for a special interview, and we will get an update on the World Tag Team Titles as well.

Bruno Sammartino: Also the tag team of Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers, The Fantastics will be in action.

Vince McMahon: Right now let's get some pre-recorded comments from Tito Santana, and then we'll see him in the ring for our opening contest!

A picture in picture interview from Tito Santana is shown as he is making his ring entrance, and he has the following to say:

Tito Santana: Now that the World Wrestling Federation is heading back to the top of the wrestling world, Tito Santana is going to the top with it. Whether it's Bob Backlund and the WWF Title, or another championship title, Tito Santana is looking for gold in 1985. ARRIBA!!!

-Match 1-

Tito Santana defeated Barry O with the Flying Forearm in 4:39

Vince McMahon:  Another win for Tito Santana! What do you think about it Alfred!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Tito Santana picks up another nice win with his Flying Forearm. If he can keep performing like that, his goal of winning a championship will be realized sooner than later.

Vince McMahon: You can say that again! Let's go now to Update with "Mean" Gene Okerlund!

With the latest from the World Wrestling Federation, this is Update with:

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, the return of the World Wrestling Federation to network television has been the buzz of the entertainment industry since it was announced several weeks ago. Saturday Night's Main Event will take place on May the Ninth and it is sure to be a doozy.

But before we get there, coming up on Sunday afternoon, March the 29th, the World Wrestling Federation returns to Madison Square Garden in New York City. On that night we will see new WWF World Tag Team Champions crowned. Right now, let's go to pre-recorded comments from WWF President Jack Tunney for all of the details!

We are taken inside the office of WWF President Jack Tunney who has both of the WWF World Tag Team Titles sitting on his desk.

Jack Tunney: I am here this evening to announce a tournament for the now vacated WWF World Tag Team Titles. The first round of the tournament will begin on this very episode of Superstars and will continue over the following weeks. Then when the WWF returns to Madison Square Garden on March 29th, the remaining teams will battle it out that very night to determine who will walk away with the titles.

"Mean" Gene: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman, new WWF Tag Team Champions will be crowned, and that action will begin right here tonight on Superstars of Wrestling. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! As you just heard on Update, tonight we begin the tournament to crown new WWF World Tag Team Champions. What do you think about it Bruno?

Bruno Sammartino: The previous champions couldn't handle the competition and they left. So now we are going to find a team worthy of being called champions.

Vince McMahon: I couldn't have said it better myself! Let's head down to the ring for the first of our Tag Team Tournament matches!

-Match 2-

The Scufflin' Hillbillies (Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Luke) beat Jose Estrada/Jose Luis Rivera in 5:12

Vince McMahon: ALRIGHT! The Scufflin' Hillbillies pick up the win! Let's take a look at the replay here Bruno.

Bruno Sammartino: Cousin Luke had already taken down Rivera down with a big bodyslam, he tags in Hillbilly Jim and then sends Rivera into the ropes and...

Vince McMahon: OH MY!!!

Bruno Sammartino: That Big Boot from Hillbilly Jim connects right in the face of Rivera and that is all she wrote.

Vince McMahon: Hillbilly Jim and Cousin Luke move on in the tournament for the WWF World Tag Team Titles, and when we come back we will see "Classy" Freddie Blassie's newest acquisition "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly. We'll be right back!!!

Promotional Consideration Paid for by the Following:

The ATARI 65XE Personal Computer!!  With it's 8-Bit Display, and 64kb of Ram, it's all of the computing power you'll ever need!

-Commercial Break-

-Match 3-

"Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie over Johnny Rodz in 5:27 by submission with a Full Nelson

Vince McMahon: A very impressive debut from "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly! Johnny Rodz is still holding his neck from that Full Nelson.

Lord Alfred Hayes: He is a very big, tough looking guy and it would seem that Fred Blassie has found himself a real winner with this guy.

Vince McMahon: Ladies and Gentleman, let's go now to "Mean" Gene Okerlund who has a very special interview with the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Bob Backlund!

The camera cuts to an elevated platform away from the ring where we see "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing with a microphone in his hands.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Alright Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in welcoming the reigning World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion of the World, Mr. Bob Backlund!

As the boo's from the audience fill the arena, Backlund steps out from behind the curtain and slowly turns his head from left to right taking in the people. As he does so, the expression on his face grows more sour. Backlund is dressed in a fine suit, and his once moppish red hair is shaved down nearly to the skin. The WWF Championship is folded up and cradled in his arms. He walks slowly to where Gene is standing, stopping several times to stare at fans in the audience with a look that could kill.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Bob Backlund, we hav..

Bob Backlund: Gene Okerlund, you will address me in a manner befitting a champion. It's Mr. Backlund if you please.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Okay, Mr. Backlund, there are some who say that ever since you were stripped of that World Wrestling Federation Title a little more than a year ago that you have become unhinged. How would you address that accusation?

Bob Backlund: I would say that what they call unhinged, I call focused Gene Okerlund. I didn't lose a match, I was not pinned, nor did I submit. I had the title taken from me against my will because I was injured and because my so called manager did not fight for me against those in power who took my championship from me.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Speaking of which, where is Arnold Skaaland?

Backlund shoots a finger into the face of "Mean" Gene and his eyes grow a little wilder.

Bob Backlund: I told you to address me in a manner befitting a champion! That means not interrupting me Gene Okerlund!! As I was saying, I never lost my championship! As for Arnold Skaaland, that plebeian was doing nothing but stagnating my career, so I terminated him as my management, and I now represent myself. Never again will a title just be taken from me. As for Raymond Stevens, as for James Snuka, as for Terry Allen, where are they now Gene? What championships do they hold?

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Well Jimmy Snuka is on his way back to the World Wrestling Federation. But you ran Ray Stevens and Magnum T.A. out of here.

Bob Backlund: Yes I did Gene. I showed the world that Terry Allen perpetuated a fluke against me and then when he finally mustered up the courage to step back into the ring with me I sent him back into mediocrity and obscurity where he belongs. I made Raymond Stevens pay for having the audacity to assault me and cost me my championship. As for James Snuka, if he is indeed returning to the WWF and he wishes to attempt to procure this championship from around my waist, I will gladly accept his challenge and show him once again that a savage is no match for the greatest wrestler this company has ever seen.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Coming up a little later this month, you are scheduled to defend the World Wrestling Federation Championship against Ivan Putski at Madison Square Garden. Is there anything you would like to say to him?

Bob Backlund: I would say to him that all of those big muscles of which he is so proud, are going to be rendered worthless when I apply the Cross Face Chicken Wing and tear his shoulder out of place. How will you hit me with your Polish Hammer when you can't lift your arm Putski? Answer that Putski!

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Last question for you. On May Ninth, we can only assume that the World Wrestling Federation Championship will be on the line at Saturday Night's Main Event. If you make it past Ivan Putski, is there anyone you would like to defend that title again?

Bob Backlund: If I make it past Ivan Putski? Don't you understand Gene.....DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! THIS IS MY TITLE!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO IT IS!! I WILL WIN!! IT'S MINE!! IT'S MY TITLE!!

Backlund tried to take hold of "Mean" Gene, but Okerlund quickly drops the microphone and runs off of the stage as Backlund continues to grasp the title. We fade to commercial with him staring wildly at the belt and smiling.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome Back to Superstars of Wrestling! Bruno, what did you think of the words of our champion, Mr. Backlund.

Bruno Sammartino: I don't know what's happened to Bob Backlund. He used to be a clean living, good natured man. Now it's like something snapped in his brain, and he is some kinda nut!

Vince McMahon: You can say that again! Up next we have another match in our Tag Team Tournament. Earlier we saw Hillbilly Jim and Hillbilly Cousin Luke move on and now two more teams will compete. Let's head to ringside!

-Match 4-

The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) defeated Steve Lombardi/Pete Doherty in 5:42 when Fulton pinned Doherty after The Rocket Launcher

During the match a picture in picture interview of The Fantastics played:

Bobby Fulton: The Fantastics are back in action here in the WWF, and we are looking for tag team gold baby!

Tommy Rogers: It doesn't matter if it's these boys tonight, or anyone else they put in front of us. You line 'em up, we'll knock 'em down. Fantastics Style!

Bobby/Tommy: WOOO!

Vince McMahon: A big win for the exciting Fantastics! They advance and join the Scufflin' Hillbillies in the tournament for the WWF Tag Team Championship.

Lord Alfred Hayes: These Fantastics are two tough gentleman who can really wrestle. They know how to do high flying, mat wrestling, they can really do it all. I expect them to go far in this tournament to crown new champions.

Vince McMahon: We are going to take one last break, and we will be back with ANNNDRE the GIANT!!

-Commercial Break-

-Match 5-

Andre the Giant beat Dusty Wolfe, Snake Brown, and The Bounty Hunter in 4:11 when Andre pinned Dusty Wolfe with a Sitdown Splash

Vince McMahon: Let's get a look at this again Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: The Giant has all three men in the corner and he is just ramming them repeatedly with his shoulder. Both Brown and the masked man just fall over. The Giant then plants Wolfe in the center of the ring with huge bodyslam, and then drops onto his chest and this one is all over.

Vince McMahon: They probably could have used another three guys in there Bruno.

Bruno Sammartino: I don't think even that would have been enough.

Vince McMahon: HA HA HA! That'll do it for this week Ladies and Gentleman, but join us next week when we'll see more action in the tag team tournament as well England's Billy Robinson! and "Polish Power" Ivan Putski!! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!

And the WWF returns! 

Tito will be a major force ARIBA! 

I like how you're using the announcers. Really helps get the talent over. 

The tag team tournament should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to see who makes it to the Garden.

Blassie and Mr. Magnificent are perfect for each other.

LOL, an unhinged Bob Backlund is so entertaining! His interviews will be priceless. His match with Putski is classic WWF.

Good move having Andre close out the debut show. 

Hearing about upcoming Garden cards and SNME shows has given me the WWF fever baby! 

Love It!  So realistic.  I could just picture that entire show in my head.  Living in the northeast, I grew up with these announcers and you got them all down pat!

I think the real WWF missed the boat... Heel Bob Backlund is so much better then the one they used.  Like how he called Snuka, James

Fantastics will be fun to watch in the big city!

The Scruffin Hillbillies are perfect for the commical side of the WWF.  Fun and will sell tickets

It will be interesting to follow how much of a push KevinKelly gets here!

Great start... looking forward to next week

Damn man....much like with your previous World Class show you capture all the announcers perfectly...I can hear them say every word....and laughed out loud at Vince's signature, "OH MY!"  I can't wait for Vince to get in his "and then from there" and "what a maneuver!"

I agree that heel Backlund in '85 could have been a game changer and judging by this first promo, heel Backlund here in your WWF is going to be a fun ride!!

KpvmeVR.jpg

Airing in Syndication all across the United States of America from the Allentown Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania the World Wrestling Federation presents:

A funky bass rhythm mixed with a synthesizer beat begins as clips of all the World Wrestling Federation stars such as Andre the Giant, The Fantastics, Hillbilly Jim, Jimmy Snuka, and Tito Santana in action plays. It ends with Bob Backlund holding aloft the WWF World Heavyweight title and then cuts to the logo.....

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is Bruno Sammartino, wrestling's Living Legend and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. This week in action we're going to see "Polish Power" Ivan Putski!! As well as The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff!!

Bruno Sammartino: The great wrestler from England, Billy Robinson will be in action.

Lord Alfred Hayes: We will also hear from "Classy" Freddy Blassie and his men as well as see further action in the tournament to crown new WWF World Tag Team Champions.

Vince McMahon: As a matter of fact Alfred, we are going to start with tag team action, as World Wrestling Federation newcomers, The Glamour Boys will be in tournament competition! Let's head down to the ring!

Steve Doll and Steve Simpson look quite a bit different than when they previously appeared together in Pacific Coast and World Class. They have their blonde hair teased as big as they can get it, and they are both wearing leather pants and leather wrist bands, and look like they came straight out of a Motley Crue video.

-Match 1-

The Glamours Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Paul Roma/Jim Powers in 6:11 when Simpson pinned Roma following the Glam Slam Thank You Ma'am

Lord Alfred Hayes: Wow! What an impressive victory for these two youngsters!

Vince McMahon: Bruno, take us through the replay.

Bruno Sammartino: Doll plants Roma in the center of the ring with a slam. He makes the tag, then climbs to the top and hits a dropkick that puts Roma down again. Then Simpson is up top and fly's off with a big splash for the pinfall.

Vince McMahon: OH MY!!! WHAT A MANEUVER!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: You can say that again. I never seen anything like it.

Vince McMahon: The Glamour Boys move on to Madison Square Garden and in the tournament for the WWF World Tag Team Titles. Now let's go to Update with "Mean" Gene Okerlund!!

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: The tournament to crown new WWF World Tag Team Champions is rolling on and last week we saw The Fantastics and The Scufflin' Hillbillies both move on to compete for the titles at Madison Square Garden. Our World Wrestling Federation camera's caught up with the Hillbillies and here is what they had to say.

We are taken to Hillbilly Jim and Cousin Luke standing in front of a WWF backdrop.

Hillbilly Jim: Howdy Folks, Hillbilly Jim here along with Cousin Luke and last week we beat a couple of fella's right here on Superstars of Wrestling and now they tell us we get to go to Madison Square Garden and wrassle for the WWF World Tag Team Titles. I'll tell you what, I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity to take them big shiny belts home to my Granmama in Kentucky. What do you think about that Cousin Luke?

Cousin Luke: I think we better not be fighting in the garden, cause if we tear up Mama's tomato plants, she'll be fixin' to whip us both! But if somebody wants to come and fight us, they best know we throw down with the best of 'em!

Both Men: YEE HAWW!!!

"Mean" Gene: I certainly wouldn't want to fight either one of those backwoods brawlers! But they will have some stiff competition if they want to take home those WWF Tag Team Titles. In other news, right here, next week on Superstars of Wrestling, I will have a very special interview with a man making his return to the World Wrestling Federation, after a tour of duty that had him away for several years. I am talking about the one and only, Sgt. Slaughter. You won't want to miss this one Ladies and Gentleman. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! Up next we have England's own Billy Robinson set for action.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Billy Robinson is one of the most feared wrestlers in all of England. His wrestling skill and vast array of suplexes is legendary in the United Kingdom.

-Match 2-

Billy Robinson defeated Brian Costello in 3:47 with a Double Underhook Suplex

Lord Alfred Hayes: Just an absolute thrashing by Robinson in there. That poor fellow never stood a chance.

Bruno Sammartino: This guy can wrestle for sure, but he seems like a bully.

Vince McMahon:  I believe Robinson certainly could have put him away much earlier than he did.

Lord Alfred Hayes: He was making a point to the next man who chooses to step inside the ring with him.

Bruno Sammartino: I don't like it.

Vince McMahon: I don't either Bruno. Moving on, let's here now from members of The Tribe who we will see in tournament action a little later on this evening.

Standing in front of a WWF backdrop are Billy Two Eagles and Chief Jules Strongbow. Both man are wearing black trunks with a red tomahawk on them, and they both have black war paint on their faces. Strongbow stands silently in the background with a scowl on his face and his arms crossed as Two Eagles does the talking.

Billy Two Eagles: Tonight The Tribe returns to a WWF ring and this time we do it for our people and for our ancestors. We will no longer be dancing and whooping for the entertainment of you people. We look only to bring glory to The Tribe.

Strongbow nods as Two Eagles raises his arms toward the sky and the video fades out

-Commercial Break-

-Match 3-

The Iron Sheik/Nikolai Volkoff w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie over S.D. Jones/Brady Boone in 6:52 when Sheik submitted Boone with the Camel Clutch

Bruno Sammartino: Iron Sheik takes Boone down hard with a gutwrench suplex, then locks on that Camel Clutch and Boone has nowhere to go.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Under the tutelage of Freddie Blassie, Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik are poised to go far in this tournament.

Vince McMahon: Let's head now to "Mean" Gene Okerlund who is standing by with "Classy" Freddie Blassie and all of his men.

The camera cuts to an elevated platform away from the ring where we see "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing with a microphone in his hands. "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly is already with him, and they are joined by Nikolai Volkoff, The Iron Sheik, and "Classy" Freddie Blassie.

"Mean" Gene: Alright Ladies and Gentleman, we just saw Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik pick up a win to advance in the tournament for the WWF World Tag Team Titles, and I must say Fred Blassie you have put together quite a group of competitors here.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: Of course I have Gene Okerlund! You think I would bother associating myself with them if they weren't?

"Mean" Gene: Well, I suppose not.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: Of course not you Pencil Necked Geek! The Iron Sheik is a former World Wrestling Federation Champion, an Olympic athlete, and a former bodyguard for the Ayatollah of Iran. Nikolai Volkoff is the greatest athlete to ever come out of the Soviet Union. Three Hundred Pounds of destruction! If anyone in this tournament thinks they are going to stop these men from becoming Tag Team Champions, I'd like to see them try!

Iron Sheik: Ayatollah Blassie is speaking da truth Gene Mean! Iron Sheik! Nikolai Volkoff! Bess Tag Team in da World! We will be da Schampiuns!!

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: That's absolutely right, and while Sheik and Volkoff rule over the tag teams, this man behind me is poised to make an impact on anyone who gets in his way. Look at him Okerlund! Just look at him.

"Mean" Gene: I see him.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: Six foot five inches tall, two hundred and eighty eight pounds with a body like a Greek God. They call him Magnificent for a reason. Anyone who gets in there with Kevin Kelly is going to end up trapped in that Full Nelson and that is going to be all she wrote.

"Mean" Gene: Anything you would care to add Mr. Kelly?

Kevin Kelly just smirks at Okerlund and hits a double bicep pose showing off his very large arms.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: I think that says it all Okerlund. C'mon boys.

All four men leave the stage to a chorus of boo's from the fans in attendance.

See Bruce Leeroy take on The Shogun of Harlem in The Last Dragon! Only in Theaters!! Are you going to be sad if you miss this one, Sho Nuff!!

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to WWF Superstars of Wrestling! Next up is the man who will challenge Bob Backlund for the WWF Championship when we return to Madison Square Garden, "Polish Power" Ivan Putski!!

-Match 4-

Ivan Putski beat Barry Horowitz in 4:19 with the Polish Hammer

Vince McMahon: Alright! Polish Power puts him away with the Polish Hammer, and if he hits Bob Backlund with that at Madison Square Garden we could have a new WWF Champion!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Putski looked quite dominant for sure, but Bob Backlund is a different breed of competitor. If Ivan Putski hopes to win the title, he'll have to be at his absolute best in the Garden.

Vince McMahon: It should be a classic! Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back with our featured contest as the tag team tournament continues with The Tribe taking on The Gunslingers! Don't go anywhere!

-Commercial Break-

The Tribe is the first team to the ring. Both Two Eagles and Strongbow are wearing a very dark take on the traditional "Indian" outfit. They have black war paint on their faces, black trunks with a red tomahawk emblazoned on them, and instead of the big head dress they are both wearing black headbands with white and black feathers hanging off the back.

The Gunslingers come next, and Mantell and Casey have been done up in matching red trunks, with black vests, cowboy wrestling boots and cowboy hats. Both men have let their hair grow out, and while Casey is sporting his signature mustache, Mantell has grown a full beard.

-Match 5-

The Gunslingers (Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell) beat The Tribe (Billy Two Eagles/Jules Strongbow) by Disqualification in 8:29 when Two Eagles hit Mantell with a chair

Bruno Sammartino: What is that!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Johnny Mantell had a distinct advantage over Jules Strongbow and Billy Two Eagles had apparently seen enough.

Bruno Sammartino: What a couple of cheaters.

Vince McMahon: Fortunately the referee saw it and disqualified The Tribe. Which means The Gunslingers move on in the tournament for the WWF World Tag Team Titles.

Bruno Sammartino: Yeah, but in what condition?

Vince McMahon: Well Bruno, that remains to be seen. That'll do it for this week Ladies and Gentleman, join us next week where we will see Tito Santana! David Sammartino!, and then from there we will see more action in the tag team tournament with teams such as The British Bulldogs! The Highwaymen! and so much more on Superstars of Wrestling!!

Again... WWF is off to a great start.

Your use of all the announcers is spot on and fun to follow.  

The Scruffin Hillbillies are a fun watch... love the fighting in Mama's tomato plants was hilarious!

The tag tourny is stacked... but might be heading to an epic showdown of two of the top teams in all of wrestling

Putski vs Backlund is perfect!  This would sell so many tickets as the Prince was so loved and in this game anyway, Backlund is a huge heel champ.  The WWF always stayed away from heel champs for too long and I think that is why I disliked it so much growing up.  You just seemed to know the outcome off all matches before they happened.  Those poor NY suckers are going to be paying big bucks to see Putski take away the belt but I think Backlund is dressed in gold for awhile!  We will see

The Glamour Boys are back in the game and embracing a full 80s metal look. Good way to freshen them up.

Billy Robinson proves he's still one of the best.

The Tribe appear to be a bit more sinister. Amazing what a change in attitude can do for a team. 

Blassie has put together quite a stable. 

LOL seeing a commercial for The Last Dragon made my day! 

Putski looks ready for Backlund but Backlund is on an entirely different level right now. 

I like how you describe the wrestler's ring gear. It really brings them to life.

The Tribe have defiantly turned full on heel as they get the DQ. Gunslingers and Tribe could be a big time feud. 

I cant wait to see which team wins the tournament and takes home the gold. 

I'm really enjoying your version of the WWF. Keep up the great work. 

Once again SPOT ON with everything from the announcers. 

I like the heel Tribe here and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of this "cowboys/indians" feud....tons of potential here!

Did I dig the Last Dragon commercial?? Sho nuff!!

I like that you using some of the original tag teams that have been created here in the game, the tournament will be fun to watch play out.

I look forward to hearing more from Mr. Backlund about his title reign!

Another fun show!

KpvmeVR.jpg

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is wrestling's Living Legend, Bruno Sammartino and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. In action this week you are going to see Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid, The British Bulldogs! Then from there, it will be "The Candy Man" Ray Candy!! We will also here from a man making his return to the World Wrestling Federation, Sgt. Slaughter!!

Bruno Sammartino: Also a new team, The Islanders will be competing.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Also in action will be the wild man from Texas, Black Bart. Then in our featured contest Bobby Duncum and Bobby Jaggers, The Highwaymen will compete against the team of Tito Santana and David Sammartino as part of the tournament for the WWF Tag Team Championship.

Bruno Sammartino: David is very excited for this match.

Vince McMahon: Let's head down to ringside for our opening contest!!

-Match 1-

The Islanders (King Tonga/Tonga Kid) beat Bob Bradley/"Iron" Mike Sharpe in 3:39 when Tonga Kid pinned Bradley after a Top Rope Splash

Vince McMahon: The Islanders waste no time this week! Let's look at that replay Bruno.

Bruno Sammartino: King Tonga hits Bradley with a big chop and then puts him down with that kick. He tags in The Tonga Kid who heads up top and crashed down with a huge splash for the pinfall.

Lord Alfred Hayes: These Islanders are a well oiled machine inside that squared circle and with moves such as those will be very hard to defeat in this tournament.

Vince McMahon: Ladies and Gentleman, we will be right back with The Candy Man!!

-Commercial Break-

As we return from commercial, we are greeted by the debut of "The Candy Man" Ray Candy. The 6'5", 350 pound Candy comes dancing to the ring wearing red and white striped tights, sparkling red boots, and a sparkling red vest with the words "Candy Man" on the back of it in white lettering. He is slapping hands with all of the people at ringside, making especially sure to get all the children, and he even stops to dance with a few who are dancing along with his music.

-Match 2-

"The Candy Man" Ray Candy over Duane Gill in 2:56 with the Chocolate Drop (a running elbow drop)

After the match ends, several children are allowed into the ring to dance with "The Candy Man."

Vince McMahon: ALL RIGHT!! The Candy Man shaking and moving!!! Ha Ha Ha!!! He's getting his groove on Alfred!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Those children are having a delightful time after an impressive win for Ray Candy, "The Candy Man."

Vince McMahon: GET DOWN!! Ha Ha Ha!!

In 3 weeks, blood and steel meet in an epic clash, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brigitte Nielsen......Red Sonja

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, the World Wrestling Federation is drawing ever closer to crowning new World Tag Team Champions. Six teams have already advanced to Madison Square Garden, and two more will do so today here on Superstars. This Sunday we will see new champions crowned and these men, The Gunslingers, think they have what it takes...

We are taken to Scott Casey and Johnny Mantell standing in front of a WWF backdrop.

Johnny Mantell: The Gunslingers are coming to Madison Square Garden and it doesn't matter who is standing across that ring from us.

Scott Casey: You line 'em up, we'll shoot 'em down and bring home that gold!

"Mean" Gene: Not only will we see the tournament to crown the new WWF World Tag Team Champions, but just added is a Fifteen Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal. Let's hear now from a man who is no stranger to battle royals!

We cut to Andre the Giant standing in front of the WWF backdrop with a big smile on his face. He is rubbing his hands together as he begins.

Andre the Giant: I have won many battle royals over the years. This Sunday at Madison Square Garden I will win this battle royal for all of my fans. Five Men, Ten Men, Fifteen Men, it doesn't matter! I will win, I am The Giant!

"Mean" Gene: Hard to argue with that logic Ladies and Gentleman! We will also see Mr. Bob Backlund defend the World Wrestling Federation Championship against "Polish Power" Ivan Putski at the Garden. Lastly, there are rumblings that a very famous or infamous manager in the world of wrestling is going to be in attendance this Sunday night. For what reason remains to be seen, but his mere presence could certainly lead to something weaselly happening. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! Let's head down to the ring for more action in the tournament for the WWF Tag Team Championship!

-Match 3-

The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith/Dynamite Kid) beat The Bounty Hunters (Bounty Hunter 1/Bounty Hunter 2) in 5:13 when Kid pinned 2 after a Diving Headbutt

Vince McMahon: Oh My!! It's all over!! Walk us through the replay Bruno.

Bruno Sammartino: Davey Boy puts the Bounty Hunter on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and gives him the big powerslam. Then he tags in Dynamite Kid who goes up top and comes down with the headbutt and that's it for the masked men.

Lord Alfred Hayes: The British Bulldogs move on in the tournament for the WWF Tag Team Championship and with teamwork like that, they certainly have to be one of the top contenders to come away with the titles.

Vince McMahon: It's now time for a special interview with "Mean" Gene Okerlund.

The camera cuts to an elevated platform away from the ring where we see "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing with a microphone in his hands.

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in welcoming back to the World Wrestling Federation....Sgt. Slaughter!!

The Marine Corps Hymn begins to play in the arena as Sgt. Slaughter makes his way out to the podium. Several fans are standing to salute him and he stops to nod at them behind his trademark hat and sunglasses. He reaches the stage and shakes "Mean" Gene's hand. He then leans into the microphone before Gene can begin....

Sgt. Slaughter: At Ease Soldiers!

The saluting fans break into a round of applause as Slaughter nods his approval.

"Mean" Gene: Sgt. Slaughter, it has been some time since you've been here in the World Wrestling Federation. So my first question is where have you been, and what brings you back now?

Sgt. Slaughter: Well Gene, when you represent the United States of America and you've pledged to fight the forces of evil anywhere it may rear it's ugly head you have to travel all across this land, and this world to go into battle. So while I have been away from the WWF, it certainly doesn't mean that I haven't been fighting the good fight.

As for what brings me back now. Well I see maggots like The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff are back here spewing that communist crap! I see pukes like Billy Robinson claiming that England is superior to the Good Old U.S.A. I also see Bob Backlund acting like a deranged lunatic, when he used to be a respectable American that could be looked up too.

"Mean" Gene: So you are here to challenge Bob Backlund for the World Wrestling Federation Championship?

Sgt. Slaughter: Gene, I am here to take on anyone who wants to go into battle against Sgt. Slaughter and I am here to take on anyone who disrespects the United States of America. Would I like to compete against Bob Backlund for the WWF Championship, of course I would. But right now, I am looking to step into that ring with anyone who is ready to go to war. I am looking to show all of the great WWF fans that Sgt. Slaughter is back. So Jack Tunney, I will be in Madison Square Garden this weekend, you find me an opponent...That's an Order!

"Mean" Gene: There you have it! Ladies and Gentleman...Sgt. Slaughter!!

-Commercial Break-

-Match 4-

Black Bart defeated Tom Stone in 3:59 with the Texas Two Step

Vince McMahon: WHAT A MANEUVER!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: For a man that size to launch himself off the second rope and come crashing down with a leg drop...My Word! I don't see how anyone could possibly get up from that.

Vince McMahon: Black Bart has certainly returned to the World Wrestling Federation with a new intensity. Ladies and Gentleman, don't go anywhere, we will be right back with our featured contest!

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Our featured contest is the last of our tag team tournament matches here on Superstars of Wrestling. It is going to see The Highwaymen of Bobby Duncum and Bobby Jaggers taking on the team of David Sammartino and Tito Santana!

Bruno Sammartino: David has been training very hard for this match. He is very excited to be teaming with Tito Santana.

Lord Alfred Hayes: The Highwaymen are both veterans and are not afraid to bend the rules. They will certainly do everything in their power to make sure they move on for a shot at the championships. This should be quite a contest.

-Match 5-

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Bobby Jaggers) over David Sammartino/Tito Santana in 9:24 when Jaggers pinned Sammartino after Duncum hit David with a foreign object while the referee was distracted.

Bruno Sammartino: WHAT WAS THAT!

Lord Alfred Hayes: It appears that Bobby Duncum had something in his hand when he hit David.

Bruno Sammartino: They Cheated! Something has to be done!

Vince McMahon: Unfortunately Bruno, the referee didn't see it and his decision is final. The Highwaymen will move on in the tournament.

Bruno Sammartino: Ridiculous

Lord Alfred Hayes: More like highway robbery by the looks of it.

Vince McMahon: That's all for this week on Superstars of Wrestling! Join us next week where we will find out who won the tournament to become WWF World Tag Team Champions! Also in action will be D.J. Peterson! "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly! and then from there we will see the World Wrestling Federation debut of the nearly Five Hundred Pound King Kong Bundy!! You don't want to miss it. See You Next Week!!

Very realistic WWF show!

I can just see the announcers hyping up Ray Candy dancing with the children!

Great job capturing the Sgt. Slaughter of the WWF.... can;t wait to see how you play out the feud with Backlund

Black Bart should fit in nicely here as an upper mid-card heel.

Like Bruno getting angry at David being hit with the Foreign Object

The Islanders are another solid addition to the tag team division!

"The Candy Man" Ray Candy is amazing...."the chocolate drop" is the best finish name ever...I'm looking forward to seeing what the Candy Man does here in the WWF and out from under that Zambuie Express gimmick that just never seems to get over anywhere no matter how hard anyone had tried.

Nailed the Sarge promo....I think he's going to be a huge star here not being in the shadow of anyone else....brother!

The British Bulldogs have to be the favorites in the tag title tournament but there's a lot of other great teams so it's anybody's ball game!

You're doing an awesome job with the commentating team. It adds so much to the show and I love the way they go over the instant replay. This does so much to get the talent over. 

Fun to see names like Mike Sharpe and Bob Bradley. They were so good in their roles and knew how to put their opponents over.

The Islanders are a great addition to a very competitive tag roster.

The Candy Man and Black Bart make their debuts and already have people talking. Like Gene mentioned I'm glad you gave Candy this gimmick. I think it will really get over. Vince did a great job putting him over on commentary. Bart came off as one bad dude. I always liked his finisher.

A battle royal has been added to the MSG card and of course the king of battle royals Andre the Giant will be there.

HMMMM I wonder who this new manager is coming in???

Sgt. Slaughter is back home!! Slaughter will be selling out arenas in no time. Big money here.

The Highwaymen get one over on Tito and young David. Bruno isn't happy. I have a feeling Bruno is feeling the itch to get back in the ring. Bruno going after the title against a deranged Backlund could be epic.

I cant wait for the MSG card. I know a lot is going to go down.  

TpBZtIS.jpg

1) The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) vs The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Bobby Jaggers) - Tournament Match

The Highwaymen controlled this one early, utilizing double teams and some underhand tactics to keep Bobby Fulton in their corner. Once he was able to tag in Tommy Rogers, it was all Fantastics until they were able to put away Duncum with The Rocket Launcher.

Winners: The Fantastics

2) The Iron Sheik/Nikolai Volkoff w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie vs The Scufflin' Hillbillies (Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Luke) - Tournament Match

Before the match began, Nikolai Volkoff attempted to sing the Russian National Anthem much to the disdain of the audience. When the Hillbillies broke it up, the cheer was enormous. The Hillbillies confounded both Nikolai and the Sheik in the early going, but a well placed shot with Fred Blassie's cane to the back of Cousin Luke followed by the Camel Clutch ended the night for the Scufflin' Hillbillies.

Winners: The Iron Sheik/Nikolai Volkoff

3) The Islanders (King Tonga/Tonga Kid) vs The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) - Tournament Match

The Glamour Boys made a huge mistake just as the bell rang, and slapped both of The Islanders in the face. What followed was a six minute decimation as King Tonga and The Tonga Kid made both Doll and Simpson regret quite possibly ever being born. The end mercifully came after King Tonga took Doll's head off with a Reverse Thrust Kick and pinned him.

Winners: The Islanders

4) The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith/Dynamite Kid) vs The Gunslingers (Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell) - Tournament Match

This match had barely gotten started and Dynamite Kid and Johnny Mantell were in the ring, when Billy Two Eagles and Jules Strongbow, The Tribe came running down to the ring. Both men slid into the ring, and immediately blasted The Dynamite Kid with a double clothesline. Both Davey Boy Smith and Scott Casey jumped into the ring, but before anyone could lay a finger on them, Two Eagles and Strongbow slid to the floor and were pointing and laughing at The Gunslingers. They looked confused until the decision was announced.

Winners, by Disqualification: The British Bulldogs

5) Sgt. Slaughter vs Steve Lombardi

A showcase match for the new babyface in town. Slaughter took it to Lombardi from bell to bell. A huge Slaughter Cannon clothesline could have been it, but Sarge slapped on the Cobra Clutch and put Lombardi away.

Winner: Sgt. Slaughter

6) The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) vs The Iron Sheik/Nikolai Volkoff w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie - Tournament Match

This was a pretty good back and forth match for the first several minutes, and then from almost out of nowhere, Bobby Fulton caught The Iron Sheik in a small package and got the three count! Sheik and Volkoff were irate, and as The Fantastics were celebrating, they attacked them from behind with the flag poles holding the flags of Russia and Iran. Both men were using the poles to choke the life out of Fulton and Rogers until a host of referees and officials came to the ring and broke things up.

Winners: The Fantastics

7) The Islanders (King Tonga/Tonga Kid) vs The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith/Dynamite Kid) - Tournament Match

A fantastic match that went 22 minutes bell to bell (and would be a favorite of tape traders for years to come.) Just a back and forth encounter that saw both teams come very close to defeating the other numerous times. The end finally came when Tonga Kid missed his Top Rope Splash on Davey Boy Smith who then rolled to his corner and tagged in Dynamite Kid. Dynamite headed up top and dropped his Diving Headbutt square into the chest of Kid and covered him for the fall.

Winners: The British Bulldogs

8) 15 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal

-Order of Elimination-

1) Pete Doherty by Andre the Giant
2) Brady Boone by "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly
3) Jim Powers by Black Bart
4) Barry Horowitz by "The Candy Man" Ray Candy
5) S.D. Jones by Jules Strongbow and Billy Two Eagles
6) Jules Strongbow by Andre the Giant
7) Billy Two Eagles by Andre the Giant
8) "Iron" Mike Sharpe by Billy Robinson
9) David Sammartino by Billy Robinson/Black Bart
10) Jerry Allen by "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly
11) Black Bart by Andre the Giant
12) "The Candy Man" Ray Candy by "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly/Billy Robinson
13) Billy Robinson by Andre the Giant
14) "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly by Andre the Giant

Winner: Andre the Giant

Before the finals of the tournament for the WWF World Tag Team Titles began, famed wrestling manager Bobby "The Brain" Heenan strolled casually down the aisle of Madison Square Garden and took an empty chair at the time keepers table. When a camera got stuck in his face he said only "Pay attention to the ring Dummy, that's what they're paying you for!"

9) The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) vs The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith/Dynamite Kid) - Tournament Final for the WWF World Tag Team Titles

Both teams looked a little worse for wear in this one, The Fantastics after the beating they took, and The Bulldogs after the war they went through. They started off slow and both held the advantage in the opening minutes of the contest. As the ten minute mark was passed both teams appeared to have something of a second wind going for them. Just shy of eighteen minutes into the match, Bobby Fulton and Davey Boy Smith were in the ring together. Smith attempted to whip Fulton into the ropes, but Bobby was able to reverse it. On the rebound Fulton leapfrogged over Smith and then charged into the opposite set of ropes, it was then that Bobby Heenan made his presence known reaching into the ring and tripping Bobby Fulton. Fulton stumbled forward and was nearly decapitated by a Davey Boy Smith clothesline. Smith quickly hoisted him up and planted him with the Running Powerslam. Dynamite Kid raced across the ring and delivered a vicious elbow that sent Tommy Rogers off the apron as Smith covered Fulton for the One, Two, Three.

Winners, and NEW WWF World Tag Team Champions: Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid, The British Bulldogs!

Bobby Heenan grabbed the belts from a ringside attendant and presented them to The Bulldogs while a chorus of boo's filled the Garden. Heenan raised the hands of Davey Boy and Dynamite and then the three exited together.

10) Ivan Putski vs Bob Backlund - WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Putski attempted to put the champion away early with an onslaught of power maneuvers, but Backlund withstood the assault and used his wrestling skills to ground the challenger and wear his more muscular opponent down. Backlund easily controlled the middle portion of the bout, until Putski muscled out of a hold by shoving Backlund into the ropes and caught him with a back body drop. Putski looked like he was mounting a come back, but the look in the eyes of Bob Backlund changed the more he got hit and he began to club and elbow the shoulder of Putski with a fury not normally shown by the champion until Putski stopped fighting back. Finally Backlund locked in the Cross Face Chicken Wing and Putski had no choice but to submit.

Winner, and still WWF World Heavyweight Champion: Bob Backlund

I couldn't wait for wrestling to return to Madison Square Garden and it did not disappoint.

The tag tournament was really well done with so many quality matches and an ending that left us wondering what was the Brain doing here!

Backlund continues to grow with a big win over the Polish Power!

And Andre does what Andre does.  I am very interested to see how you use him.  

Huge return to the Garden by the WWF!

The tag team title tournament matches did not disappoint....great move by the Tribe to stick it to the Gunslingers and turn up the heat on their rivalry!

Fantastics barely make it to the finals after a heinous post match attack from Volkoff/Sheik while the Bulldogs have a classic with the Islanders!

The fans I'm sure were very happy to see Sarge in action even if it was a bit of a squash.

Andre doing what Andre does best....winning a big battle royal! Good stuff!!

Wow!! I love when I get surprised and I didn't see the Bulldogs going with Heenan....I love it! He makes a great mouthpiece for the new champs!

Backlund retains!! Can't wait to hear what he has to say about it!

WWF makes its triumphant return to the Garden! 

The tournament was full of action and surprises. Gunslingers/Tribe feud continues. Islanders looked strong. Sheik and Nikolai get some good heat. Fantastics and Bulldogs make it to the finals. I was shocked when Heenan aligned with the Bulldogs. Did not see that coming! I'm all for a Bulldogs title heel run and with Heenan this will be gold.

Slaughter makes his epic return! He's going to be money! 

With Andre in a battle royal you pretty much know how it's going to end. However, Mr. Magnificent got a huge rub by being the last man in there with him. 

Solid World title match as Polish Power gives Backlund a fight but Backlund is a crafty one and retains with the Cross Face Chicken Wing. I could see Ray Candy drawing with Backlund and of course a Backlund/Slaughter match would guarantee a sell out. 

The fans got their money's worth tonight. The WWF is now running on all cylinders. 

KpvmeVR.jpg

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is Bruno Sammartino, wrestling's Living Legend and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. This week in action we're going to see "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka! Then from there in action will be "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly, and we will see the World Wrestling Federation debut of D.J. Peterson!

Bruno Sammartino: The Gunslingers will be in tag team competition.

Lord Alfred Hayes: We will also bring you the results of the tournament to crown the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, and we will see the nearly five hundred pound behemoth known as King Kong Bundy inside the ring.

Vince McMahon: Let's head down to Howard Finkel for our opening contest!

DJ Peterson got quite the immediate reaction from the ladies with his curly locks and Tom Selleck mustache, not to mention you could really tell he's been hitting the gym with his jacked physique. Once he started slapping hands with the kids, he cemented himself as a fan favorite!

-Match 1-

DJ Peterson beat Jose Estrada in 4:11 with a Shouldblock from the Top Rope.

Vince McMahon: OH MY!! What a Maneuver!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: DJ Peterson is nearly Two Hundred and Seventy pounds and he sails off of that top rope with ease. That is truly impressive for a man of his stature.

Vince McMahon: That one goes down in the record books for DJ Peterson and we go to Update with "Mean" Gene Okerlund!

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, this past weekend in Madison Square Garden the tournament for the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship came to it's conclusion as eight teams battled it out in one night to determine who would bring home the gold.

When the dust was settled and the smoke cleared it came down to Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers, The Fantastics standing across the ring from Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid, The British Bulldogs in the finals. Both teams were battered and bruised, but they were prepared to persevere and do whatever it took to become champions. Little did we know that one team was ready to sink to depths we hadn't considered to bring home the gold. Let's roll the footage.

Bobby Fulton and Davey Boy Smith were in the ring together. Smith attempted to whip Fulton into the ropes, but Bobby was able to reverse it. On the rebound Fulton leapfrogged over Smith and then charged into the opposite set of ropes, it was then that Bobby Heenan made his presence known reaching into the ring and tripping Bobby Fulton. Fulton stumbled forward and was nearly decapitated by a Davey Boy Smith clothesline. Smith quickly hoisted him up and planted him with the Running Powerslam. Dynamite Kid raced across the ring and delivered a vicious elbow that sent Tommy Rogers off the apron as Smith covered Fulton for the One, Two, Three.

"Mean" Gene: I alluded to his imminent arrival last week, but there you see it folks, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan has indeed arrived in the World Wrestling Federation and has made quite the impact in doing so. I certainly never expected to see The British Bulldogs sell out to a man like Heenan, but it would appear they have, and in doing so they did become the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions.

However, President Jack Tunney has wasted no time in signing the rematch and when the WWF comes to you live on NBC for Saturday Night's Main Event on May the 9th, The British Bulldogs will defend those titles against The Fantastics. Let's hear now from Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton.

We cut to The Fantastics standing in front of a WWF backdrop. Both men look much angrier than normal.

Tommy Rogers: Davey Boy Smith. Dynamite Kid. I hope you are real proud of yourselves. We fought our way into that final just like you did, and you didn't see The Fantastics taking any shortcuts. Come Saturday Night's Main Event, when we haven't been attacked by Sheik and Volkoff, and we haven't already wrestled two matches, you boy's are in a lot of trouble.

Bobby Fulton: British Bulldogs!! You got The Fantastics angry now! Normally me and Tommy just like to come out here and have a good time, but you cheated us out of them titles! So at the Saturday Nights Main Event, bring yourselves, bring them belts, and bring that new Weasel of a manager of yours, and we are gonna whip your butts 'til Sunday morning!

Tommy and Bobby both pump a fist at the camera before walking out of frame.

"Mean" Gene: The Fantastics are fired up and ready for a fair shake at the titles. A little later on in this hour I will have a word with Bobby Heenan and his men. I am very interested to here how they will spin this. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! Let's head down to the ring for tag team action with The Gunslingers!!

As The Gunslingers are heading to the ring, a picture in picture interview comes up with them.

Johnny Mantell: Two Eagles, Strongbow. You cost us our shot at the tag team titles. Don't think for a minute we won't be coming for you two boys.

Scott Casey: When we get you inside this ring, The Tribe is going to find out how the West was won...Gunslinger style!

-Match 2-

The Gunslingers (Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell defeated Tom Stone/Frank Williams in 4:53 when Mantell pinned Williams after a Double Bulldog!

Lord Alfred Hayes: My Word! I think the referee could have counted to one hundred!

Vince McMahon: Walk us through this replay Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: Scott Casey has taken Frank Williams down with a clothesline, and tags in Mantell. As soon as Williams gets back to his feet, The Gunslingers come off the ropes together and put him down with a Double Bulldog. Mantell rolls him over and hooks the leg, and it's all over.

Vince McMahon: It certainly was Bruno! Ladies and Gentleman, we will be right back with "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka!!

Join Matt Trakker and the agents of M.A.S.K. as they fight against the criminal organization V.E.N.O.M. with an all new line of figures and vehicles by Kenner!

-Commercial Break-

-Match 3-

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka over Barry Horowitz in 3:28 with the Superfly Splash

Vince McMahon: All Right!!! The Superfly soars this week on Superstars! What do you think about it Bruno!!

Before Bruno can begin to speak there is a commotion as Bob Backlund comes storming out to the announce position. He is wearing a three piece suit with the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship strapped around his waist. He is also bright red in the face and seething. He tears the headset off of Lord Alfred Hayes and begins to scream, failing to notice Bruno Sammartino stand up and clench his fist.

Bob Backlund: WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!! WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!! I RAN TERRY ALLEN OUT OF THE WWF LIKE THE COWARD THAT HE IS! I TORE IVAN PUTSKI'S SHOULDER OUT OF IT'S SOCKET IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!! NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT THE GODLESS HEATHEN KNOWN AS JAMES SNUKA IS BACK IN MY WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION!!!! I WON'T STAND FOR IT!! I WON'T HAVE IT!! THIS CAN NOT BE MCMAHON!! DO YOU HEAR ME!!! THIS CAN NOT BE!!!

With that Backlund slams down the headset, shoves Alfred Hayes out of his way and stomps off back to where he came from.

Bruno Sammartino: I should'a...

Vince McMahon: Let's go to a break.....

-Commercial Break-

We come back from commercial and are taken to an elevated platform away from the ring where we see "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing with a microphone in his hands.

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome my guests at this time the New World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid, The British Bulldogs and their new manager Bobby "The Brain" Heenan!

As a chorus of boo's rings out across the arena, Bobby Heenan comes from behind the curtain with a big smile on his face. He is followed closely by The Bulldogs who are dressed in street clothes and have the belts slung over their shoulders. They come slowly to the podium, seemingly enjoying the reaction of the crowd.

"Mean" Gene: Bobby Heenan, you and I are no strangers to one another, and I know what kind of man you are. But what I don't know is what you are doing here in the World Wrestling Federation.

Bobby Heenan: What kind of man I am? What kind of man I am! Obviously I am the kind of man who manages champions! That is exactly what I am doing here in the WWF, managing champions, and it sure looks like I am off to a pretty good start, now doesn't it Okerlund!

"Mean" Gene: Well, we certainly all saw what happened that allowed The British Bulldogs to become the new World Tag Team Champions at Madison Square Garden.

Bobby Heenan: What? You talking about that idiot Bobby Fulton tripping over his own feet right into a clothesline by Davey Boy Smith? Then getting powerslammed into next week and pinned? Yeah, we all saw that!

"Mean" Gene: Now Bobby Heenan, we all saw you reach into that ring and trip Bobby Fulton! Who are you trying...

Dynamite Kid gets face to face with "Mean" Gene and stares at him for several tense moments before speaking.

Dynamite Kid: You trying to say we couldn't get the job done?

"Mean" Gene: I..No....I was..just.....

Dynamite Kid: Let Mr. Heenan talk.

Bobby Heenan: Thank You Dynamite. Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted! The Fantastics had a great run in that tournament, but my British Bulldogs were the most dominant team by far. So if Jack Tunney wants to give them a rematch, that's fine by us. These two men will fight anyone. I heard Fulton and Rogers crying and boo hoo'ing about getting cheated earlier. Let me tell you something Fantastics. You'd best quit crying and start training, because when The British Bulldogs get you in that ring again, and this time they haven't already wrestled twice that night, they are gonna hurt you!

"Mean" Gene: Alright Gentleman, Thank You...

Bobby Heenan: No, No, No. No one told you to talk yet Okerlund. I'm not done. The Heenan Family is just getting started here in the WWF. I told you I was here to manage champions, and that means all of them! The British Bulldogs already have the Tag Team Titles, but I am going to need men to hold the singles gold as well. So right now, let me introduce you to the next member of the Heenan Family...

From behind the curtain comes the man scheduled to compete in the next match.

Bobby Heenan: Oh Yeah! Look at this man! Six Feet, Four Inches Tall! Over Four Hundred Fifty Pounds! and he is going to squash anyone, anyone that dares to step into that ring with him. Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you, the next member of The Heenan Family....King..Kong..Bundy!!

"Mean" Gene: Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, you are putting together quite the group of men...

Bobby Heenan: Ohhh No Okerlund. Not a group, a Family...and it isn't complete. Not yet. Next week another member of my family will be right here on Superstars of Wrestling. But for now, Bundy and I have a Ham 'n' Egger to send packing, and The Bulldogs have better things to do than stand here talking to you. Gentleman.

The Heenan Family all exit the podium. Dynamite Kid shoves Gene Okerlund as they pass.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! Before the break we heard from The Bobby Heenan Family, and it would seem they are set to make an impact here in the World Wrestling Federation.

Bruno Sammartino: They seem like a bunch of cheaters with a loud mouth leading the way.

Vince McMahon: You can say that again Bruno! Let's head to the ring where Heenan Family member King Kong Bundy is set for action.

-Match 4-

King Kong Bundy defeated S.D. Jones in 0:27 with the Avalanche/Big Splash combination. After the initial count of 3, Bundy asked that the referee count to FIVE!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: My Goodness! That has to be some kind of a record!

Vince McMahon: Not only did this King Kong Bundy put away S.D. Special Delivery Jones in under thirty seconds, he made the referee count to five instead of just three!

Lord Alfred Hayes: What an absolutely dominating performance by King Kong Bundy, and would you look at Bobby Heenan grinning from ear to ear.

Vince McMahon: With that kind of monster as part of his family, Bobby Heenan may be unstoppable. Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back with our featured contest.

-Commercial Break-

-Match 5-

"Magnificent" Kevin Kelly forced Jim Powers to submit in 4:42 with a Full Nelson

Bruno Sammartino: Kelly shows off his strength by walking Powers around the ring before slamming him down to the mat. Then he waits until Powers starts to get back up and locks in that Full Nelson. Powers tries to escape, but he can't do it.

Vince McMahon: "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly picks up another win here tonight!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Conspicuous by his absence is "Classy" Freddie Blassie, the manager for Kelly.

Vince McMahon: Well Alfred, I've been led to understand that Blassie and Nikolai Volkoff are actually special guests at a dinner being held at the Kremlin this weekend.

Lord Alfred Hayes: The Kremlin! My Word, I didn't realize that....wait a moment now, what is this.....

As "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly is celebrating his victory by flexing his muscles to a chorus of boo'ing, a blonde woman makes her way down the aisle and steps into the ring. She runs her hand over the biceps of Kelly and smiles at him. The camera catches her saying something to the effect of "my business partner and I would love to have a talk with you." Kelly nods and the two of them leave the ring and head for the dressing room.

Lord Alfred Hayes: I don't know who in the world that young lady was, but she certainly seems to have gotten the attention of "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly.

Vince McMahon: I'm not sure either Alfred, but I do know that is all for this week on Superstars of Wrestling! Join us next week when we'll see England's Own Billy Robinson, "The Candy Man" Ray Candy, and apparently Bobby "The Brain" Heenan will have another member of his Heenan Family. You won't want to miss it. See You Next Week!!

And the WWF is rolling

Good opener with the development of DJ 

Like the midcard feud that is developing between the Cowboys and Indians

Mean Gene was Hot all might... your interviews and commentaries are what is putting the WWF over in a big way.... Fab Ones Good.... Backlund awesome..... I love his anger at the return of James Snuka and Bobby Heenan was spot on.

Speaking of Heenan... the Family is a Force with the addition of KKB.  I loved the use of the 5 count.  Back in the day, the only chance we had of a good WWF match on TV was SD Jones and he goes down in 27 seconds.  BUNDY IS DOUBLE TOUGH

And Kevin Kelly gets some attention from a Hot Blonde.... lucky dude!  Looking forward to this one

Great follow up show from the Garden. 

DJ Peterson debuts and makes an impact. This guy really did have all the tools to become a superstar. 

Fantastics are pissed and cant wait for their rematch. 

Liked the Gunslingers double bulldog finish. The Tribe better be ready for a fight. 

The Superfly is back! Backlund is irate by this. One thing that stuck out for me was a little seed planted for a Bruno/Backlund match. Man I would love to see that. That would be an ultimate MSG match.

The Heenan Family has arrived! I loved that you aligned him with the Bulldogs. That's what this game is all about. 

Bundy is in the Family. Poor SD Jones, even in the fantasy world he couldn't escape getting squashed by Bundy. That was a nice touch. 

Someone is very interested in Mr. Magnificent. I think him having a valet works better for his character. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Excellent job giving guys like DJ, Kelly, Gunslingers and Ray Candy an opportunity to really shine.