Pro Wrestling Only

World Wrestling Federation

Blehschmidt

Great show as always.....I can't put over enough how well you've captured the feel of the WWF from this time period

As Spaldoni mentioned, DJ Peterson had all the potential to be a huge star in the business, not sure why it never really happened but I'm excited to see what happens for him here in the WWF

The Fantastics call the Bulldogs out on their shit....this could be a feud every bit as good or better than the Bulldogs vs. Harts IRL, with the Bulldogs as heels with Heenan..there's all sorts of fun to be had here!

The Gunslingers are a fun combination who are PERFECT for this era of the WWF......and needless to say feuding with the Tribe just makes sense.

M.A.S.K.- wow, that brings back some memories!

Snuka is back and Backlund is f'n pissed! Another picture perfect heel Backlund promo.....and I too picked up on the subtle Bruno/Backlund tension....go there! please!

Great Heenan promo that could hear every word in his voice as I read it.  Bundy joins the Heenan Family which is quickly becoming the premier group in the WWF, looking forward to seeing how joins the clan next week!

A valet for "Mr. Magnificent would be perfect....let's see where this goes!

Hooray...The Candyman returns next week!! 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KpvmeVR.jpg

Airing in Syndication all across the United States of America from the Allentown Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania the World Wrestling Federation presents:

A funky bass rhythm mixed with a synthesizer beat begins as clips of all the World Wrestling Federation stars such as Andre the Giant, The Fantastics, Hillbilly Jim, Jimmy Snuka, and Tito Santana in action plays. It ends with Bob Backlund holding aloft the WWF World Heavyweight title and then cuts to the logo.....

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is wrestling's Living Legend, Bruno Sammartino and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. This week we are going to see "The Candy Man" Ray Candy! England's Own Billy Robinson!! and SGT. SLAUGHTER!!!

Bruno Sammartino: The Highwaymen are going to be in tag team action.

Lord Alfred Hayes: We will also see Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's newest recruit in his Heenan Family, and the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund has requested time to speak.

Bruno Sammartino: If he comes up here again, I'm gonna pop him one.

Vince McMahon: Calm down Bruno. Let's head to the ring where we are set for our opening contest.

-Match 1-

Billy Robinson forced Johnny Rodz to submit to an armbar in 5:01

Lord Alfred Hayes: Robinson is such a dangerous competitor because he has so many ways to defeat you.

Bruno Sammartino: I may not like his attitude, but he is a very good wrestler.

Vince McMahon: England's Own Billy Robinson picks up another win here on Superstars! Let's go now...

Lord Alfred Hayes: There appears to be some kind of commotion going on near the...

Bob Backlund comes out from behind the curtain at the entrance way and is dragging Gene Okerlund by the collar of his suit jacket. He pulls him up to the elevated platform and begins screaming for a microphone. A stagehand tentatively brings one over and Backlund rips it out of his hand, before shoving it into the chest of Okerlund. An obviously frightened and unprepared Okerlund is noticeably shaking as he holds the microphone.

"Mean" Gene: Bob Backlund, we aren't scheduled to speak until later in the show....

Bob Backlund: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!!!

"Mean" Gene: Mister...Mister.....Mr. Backlund....this interview wasn't....

Bob Backlund: I DON'T CARE ABOUT SCHEDULES!!! ASK ME ABOUT JAMES SNUKA!!!

"Mean" Gene: O...Okay....what about Jim...Jimmy Snuka....

Bob Backlund: IT IS AN ABOMINATION!! AN ABOMINATION THAT JAMES SNUKA HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO RETURN TO MY WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION!!!

Backlund is drooling and nearly hyperventilating. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, when he opens his eyes again, the manic look on his face changes to one of frightening calm.

Bob Backlund: When I was assaulted by Raymond Stevens and forced to relinquish my WWF Championship, it was James Snuka who won the ridiculous farce of a tournament to try and replace me. When I returned and defeated him, and drove him out of the World Wrestling Federation, these people who cheered me for so many years all turned against me. Then as I began to systematically destroy all of their heroes, including decimating their new golden boy Terry Allen after his fluke victory, they began to call me crazy, unhinged, a lunatic.

Backlund moves his head until he is eye to eye with Gene Okerlund.

Bob Backlund: So I ask you Gene Okerlund, if I am those things, can you imagine what I am going to do to James Snuka. To the would be pretender to my throne, now that he has dared to return to the World Wrestling Federation. What do you think I will do Gene? WHAT DO YOU THINK I WILL DO!!!!

"Mean" Gene: Well, I can only imagine...

Bob Backlund: YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO IMAGINE!!!! Because Gene Okerlund, I want you to go in the back, and I want you to get Jack Tunney on the phone, and I want the match made for next week on this television program. Bob Backlund, the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion against James Snuka, one on one, man versus man...and I..will....DESTROY HIM!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN GENE OKERLUND!!! GET ME MY MATCH....NOW...GOOOOO!!!!!

"Mean" Gene drops the microphone and moves as fast as he can off of the platform and heads for the locker room. The camera pans in on the face of Bob Backlund which is contorted in a deranged smile as we fade to a commercial break.

-Commercial Break-

Bruno Sammartino: I am telling you, that man has lost his mind!

Vince McMahon: Oh, uhh...Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! Before the breal we saw WWF Champion Bob Backlund challenge "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka to a match on Superstars right here next week. Hopefully we will find out more on that a little later. Right now..it's time for The Candy Man!!

-Match 2-

"Candy Man" Ray Candy over Snake Brown in 3:49 with the Chocolate Drop.

As Candy is celebrating his victory, several children are brought in the ring and  they dance with The Candy Man for a few moments before he gives them all high fives!

Vince McMahon: Ha Ha!! Look at them Alfred!! Get Down and Boogie!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: I must say that music does have something of a groove to it!

Vince McMahon: We'll be right back!

Promotional Consideration Paid for by the Following:

This Weekend!!.... blood and steel meet in an epic clash, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brigitte Nielsen......Red Sonja

-Commercial Break-

-Match 3-

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Bobby Jaggers) defeated Brian Costello/Mario Mancini in 5:14 when Jaggers pinned Mancini after a Spike Piledriver

During the match the same blonde woman who came out at the end of Kevin Kelly's match last week was seen standing in the entrance way taking notes.

Vince McMahon: The Highwaymen bring home the victory! Tell us about it Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: Bobby Duncum hits Mario Mancini with a hard clothesline, then tags in Bobby Jaggers. Duncum sets up Mancini for the piledriver and Jaggers comes off the top and they spike him hard into the mat. It's all over after that.

Lord Alfred Hayes: The same woman who came out here last week during "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly's match appeared to be scouting The Highwaymen during this contest. Very interesting.

Vince McMahon: Very interesting indeed Alfred. We still have no idea who this woman is, or who her business partner might be. Maybe "Mean" Gene has some idea, let's head over to him and Update!

With the latest from the World Wrestling Federation, this is Update with:

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Quite frankly Gentleman, I've had very little luck in getting any information on the identity of that young lady, or her supposed business partner myself. They seem to have their eyes on several talents here in the World Wrestling Federation, so I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

All right, Ladies and Gentleman, I'm sure you all saw the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund manhandle me earlier this evening and demand a match against "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka to take place right here on Superstars of Wrestling next week. Let me first say, that I don't appreciate that kind of treatment. I am not the matchmaker here, nor am I the President. If it were up to me, Bob Backlund would be fined and suspended. But it isn't up to me, it's up to this man. Let's hear now from WWF President Jack Tunney.

We are taken to the office of WWF President Jack Tunney who is sitting with a serious look on his face.

Jack Tunney: Thank You Gene Okerlund, and I agree with you that the actions of Bob Backlund earlier in this show were inappropriate and crossed boundaries. Because of that, I am fining Mr. Backlund the amount of Five Thousand Dollars. As for his request for a match with "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka on Superstars of Wrestling next week...

I am making that match official, and the World Wrestling Federation Championship WILL be on the line! Thank You Gene.

We fade out of the office as Tunney goes back to filling out paperwork

"Mean" Gene: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman! Not only has Bob Backlund been fined Five Thousand Big Ones, but next week, right here on Superstars of Wrestling he will defend the WWF Title against "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka!! That one is sure to be a doozy. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

Vince McMahon: OH MY!!!

Bruno Sammartino: I hope Jimmy Snuka knocks some sense into Backlund.

Vince McMahon: Ladies and Gentleman, when we return we'll find out who the newest member of The Heenan Family is. You don't want to miss it!!

-Commercial Break-

When we return from commercial, we are taken to Bobby "The Brain" Heenan standing in front of a WWF backdrop. He has a huge smile on his face as he begins..

Bobby Heenan: Last week I promised all of you humanoids that I would reveal the newest member of my Heenan Family this week. I already have the WWF Tag Team Champions, Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid, The British Bulldogs. I already have the Four Hundred and Fifty pound monster known as King Kond Bundy. So who could I possibly be adding that would be worth the hype?

How about a second generation wrestler who has held championship titles across the United States. How about a man known worldwide for his toughness, a man that only gets stronger the more you beat on him. How about a man that has no problem going thirty minutes, forty five minutes, even an hour inside that ring. How about a man who uses the Figure Four Leglock to cripple his opponents!

Ladies and Gentleman, the newest member of the Heenan Family....Greg "The Hammer" Valentine!!

Valentine steps into the picture wearing a very fancy and expensive looking new robe. He has a big smile on his face as he cracks his knuckles and moves his head from side to side warming up. Heenan clamps a hand on his shoulder and the big smiles returns to Bobby's face. The two of them then head out of picture as the camera fades.

-Match 4-

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine w/Bobby Heenan forced Steve Lombardi to submit to the Figure Four Leglock in 4:28

Bruno Sammartino: Valentine had spent the whole match working on the leg of Lombardi. Lombardi tried a kick, but Valentine caught it, tripped him down and applied the Figure Four. Lombardi gave up immediately.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Adding Greg "The Hammer" Valentine to the ranks of King Kong Bundy and the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions The British Bulldogs has to make Bobby Heenan the most powerful man in the WWF.

Vince McMahon: He has certainly assembled quite a bit of talent Alfred. But it remains to be seen just what kind of impact they have. Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back with our feature contest!!

-Commercial Break-

Before the match began, we are taken to Sgt. Slaughter standing in front of a WWF backdrop.

Sgt. Slaughter: At Ease Soldiers! Now, I've only been back here in the World Wrestling Federation for a few weeks, but I see men like The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff disrespecting the United States of America. I see two men from England cheating two fine Americans to win the Tag Team Titles. I see Bob Backlund acting like a lunatic and not what a champion should be. Well let it be known that these are the things that Sgt. Slaughter is here to take care of. On my watch, things will be done the right way, the respectful way, and the American Way.

-Match 5-

Sgt. Slaughter beat Iron Mike Sharpe in 4:08 with the Cobra Clutch

Vince McMahon: That'll do it!! Sgt. Slaughter brings home another victory with the Cobra Clutch!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Slaughter has looked quite impressive since returning here to the World Wrestling Federation.

Vince McMahon: Indeed he has Alfred! Ladies and Gentleman, that will do it for this week on Superstars of Wrestling! Join us next week where we will see the debut of the nearly Five Hundred Pound Grizzly Muldoon! Then from there we will see Tito Santana in action! Then of course the big one, WWF World Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund will defend the title against "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka!! You absolutely do not want to miss that one! See you next week!!

Great episode!! Bob Backlund loses his shit and demands a match with James Snuka! I love it! Can't wait to see what Backlund has in store for the Superfly!

I can just hear Vince's voice with that phony enthusiasm turned up to 100 when the Candy Man is in action! The Chocolate Drop gets me everytime! 

The new Highwaymen continue to impress I think Bobby Jaggers makes for a great partner for Duncum....and apparently so does this mystery lady whose is grabbing everyone's attention.

I could just hear Jack Tunney's dry emotionless voice in every bit of that annnouncement....good job!

I was pleasantly surprised at Valentine being the newest member of the Heenan Family, not who I was expecting but he's a perfect fit!

Sarge closes out the show and I can't wait for next week to see Backlund vs. Snuka...which are words I never thought I'd type! Well done!

Damn that Backlund segment was incredible! His promo was priceless and to top it off we get a world title match next week on TV! Backlund vs. Snuka is must see TV.

Enjoying both Billy Robinson and Ray Candy. They're both experiencing a great career rejuvenation. Nice work. 

The Highwaymen are one of my favorite teams in the game. Who is this mysterious woman? 

Bobby Heenan has put together one top notch family! Adding Valentine is huge and fits so well. 

Slaughter is quickly becoming the top star here as he serves notice to several rulebreakers. Looking forward to his first program. 

I cant tell you how much the announcers add to the show. I really love the instant replays as they put over the winner's finishes. Great stuff. 

Again, Backlund steals the show.  He is awesome as a crazy heel.  Wonder what will happen the James Snuka last week.

Sgt. might just be the savior of all that is going on in the WWF

Great choice to have Valentine with Heenan

Who is the Women?  Enjoying the mystery

So glad you came back to the game!  If McMahon had allowed a heel to be on top for a while, it would have made 80's WWF much better.

KpvmeVR.jpg

Airing in Syndication all across the United States of America from the Allentown Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania the World Wrestling Federation presents:

A funky bass rhythm mixed with a synthesizer beat begins as clips of all the World Wrestling Federation stars such as Andre the Giant, The Fantastics, Hillbilly Jim, Jimmy Snuka, and Tito Santana in action plays. It ends with Bob Backlund holding aloft the WWF World Heavyweight title and then cuts to the logo.....

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is wrestling's Living Legend, Bruno Sammartino and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. This week we of course have the huge World Wrestling Federation Championship match between Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and Bob Backlund. That match is going to have a special television time limit of Forty Five Minutes, and we do have several matches on stand-by should it not fill that time. Your thoughts Bruno?

Bruno Sammartino: I have to tell you Vince, I think that Bobby Backlund has lost his mind. I hope to see Jimmy Snuka win the title here tonight.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Bob Backlund may in fact be a deranged individual, but it has made him a dangerous man. Apart from feeling that he needs to make people respect him, the WWF Title seems to be the only thing that he truly cares about. If Jimmy Snuka hopes to take the championship here today, he is going to have quite the fight on his hands.

Vince McMahon: Let's head down to ringside where Howard Finkel has the introductions...

-Match 1-

During the introductions Backlund paces like a crazy man in his corner, while Snuka bounces in place. When the bell rings they meet in the center for a collar and elbow, and Snuka uses his strength to shove Backlund into the corner. The referee calls for a clean break, which Snuka gives, although he flashes the ILY sign at Backlund as he backs up.

An enraged Backlund charges out of the corner, but Snuka takes him over with an armdrag and nails him with a dropkick when Backlund pops back up. Backlund rolls out of the ring and slaps the ring apron in frustration.

Snuka would continue to get the best of Backlund in the early portion of the match, using his speed to catch him with chops, armdrags, and dropkicks. He even scored a two count on a running crossbody block when both men were coming off of opposing sets of ropes.

Backlund turned the tide when Snuka attempted a leapfrog, and Backlund put on the brakes, and snatched Snuka out of mid-air by the leg. Backlund then began a wrestling clinic, grounding the "Superfly" and going to work on his neck and shoulders with grinding headlocks, clubbing forearms, and a surfboard submission.

Backlund looked to be going for a finish when he set Snuka up for his Atomic Knee Drop, but Snuka managed to flip clear over top of Backlund and land on his feet. When Backlund turned to face his opponent, Snuka laid him out with a brutal double chop to the chest.

When Backlund got to his feet, Snuka whipped him into the ropes, but Backlund was able to reverse it and followed Snuka in. Both men hit the ropes, and Backlund was able to pull Snuka down with him into his patented Rolling Backbridge and score the One, Two, Thr..KICK OUT!!

Backlund stared wide eyed at the referee as he held up two fingers, then began banging on the mat in absolute frustration. Snuka on the other hand got to his feet and when Backlund started to get up, Snuka laid into him with another double chop that sent the champion staggering back into the ropes. Snuka jumped up and crashed down with a huge headbutt that sent Backlund pirouetting in a circle before he crashed down to the mat in front of the turnbuckle.

Snuka quickly ascended the turnbuckle closest to the prone Backlund, and as flash bulbs began to go off all over the Allentown Agricultural Hall he flashed the double ILY sign to the crowd before sailing into the air with the Superfly Splash!!

Only to crash onto a spot of empty canvas where Bob Backlund had been moments prior! Backlund rolled onto his knees and with the look of an absolute maniac let loose a roar as he dove for the fallen Snuka. Backlund immediately hooked the arms and face of Snuka, then wrapped his legs around the waist and the "Superfly" was caught dead in the center of the ring in the Cross Face Chicken Wing.

Snuka used his free hand to try and pull Backlund's arms away from his face, and even to paw at the face of the champion, but there was no escape. To his credit, Jimmy Snuka never submitted, but when the referee checked the arm and it dropped three times, he was defeated.

Bob Backlund defeated "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka in 16:34 with the Cross Face Chicken Wing to retain the WWF Heavyweight Championship.

Backlund dropped to his knees and was rocking back and forth, cradling the WWF Title next to the fallen Snuka. As Superstars went to commercial, he could be heard saying "This is what happens when you try and take what is mine" over and over again.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back everyone, to Superstars of Wrestling. We just witnessed an incredible contest for the World Wrestling Federation Championship that saw Bob Backlund defeat Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. What do you think about it Alfred Hayes?

Lord Alfred Hayes: It certainly was an incredible match Vince. Both men gave everything they had in that ring and there were several instances that I thought both men had the match one. I really believe it came down to the conditioning of the champion Bob Backlund, and the work he did on the shoulder and neck of Snuka. Once he locked in that Chicken Wing, there was nothing Snuka could have done.

Vince McMahon: Bruno?

Bruno Sammartino: I don't like what Bob Backlund has become, but he is a good wrestler. Today he was the better wrestler.

Vince McMahon: Well, there you have it Ladies and Gentleman. Now, let's head over to "Mean" Gene Okerlund who is standing by with a very special guest.

The camera cuts to an elevated platform away from the ring where we see "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing with a microphone in his hands.

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, you just witnessed one heck of a match for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Which brings me to my guest here today, a man who I am sure would love a chance to step into the ring with Bob Backlund, a former WWF Champion himself, making his return to the World Wrestling Federation, Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in welcoming back..."Superstar" Billy Graham!!

Out from the dressing room comes the "Superstar" and it only takes a moment for the fans to realize that whatever that whole dark mustache/karate thing was is over, as they go crazy for Billy Graham with his bleached blonde goatee, tie dyed tank top, sunglasses, and feather ear rings. He makes his way to the podium and hits a double bicep pose, showing off the huge pythons for which he is famous.

"Mean" Gene: "Superstar" Billy Graham, please allow me to be the first to welcome you back to the World Wrestling Federation.

"Superstar" Billy Graham: "Mean" Gene, I gotta tell you it's good to be back Daddy! Ya see, The Superstar had been having a real tough time, and he lost himself there for a little while, but now my head is clear, the body is looking good, I feel like myself again, and I don't remember nothing about how to do no Karate! Ya Dig It!!

"Mean" Gene: Ha! I certainly do! Now, can you tell us what your goals are back here in the World Wrestling Federation? You just saw Bob Backlund retain the WWF Title, can we get your thoughts on that?

"Superstar" Billy Graham: Gene, it just so happens that those two things have a whole lot to do with one another. If we take a little trip down memory lane, you'll remember that it wasn't that long ago that "Superstar" Billy Graham was the champion here in the WWF. You'll remember that "Superstar" Billy Graham was the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour and I gotta tell ya "Mean" Gene, I am looking to be all of that one more time. So Bob Backlund, you might be the man with the gold right now, and you might have some people running scared with your wild eyed crazy man act, but the Superstar has walked on the wild side more times than you can count Jack, so if you got the guts Daddy, why don't you give "Superstar" Billy Graham a shot at that belt. Cause Bob Backlund you ain't nobody until you step in the ring with the Sensation of the Nation, the Number One Creation, the Women's Pet, the Men's Regret, What You See is What You Get, and What You Don't See is Better Yet!

"Superstar" hits the double bicep, and a series of other poses as "Mean" Gene finishes out the interview.

"Mean" Gene: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman, "Superstar" Billy Graham is back and he wants a crack at Bob Backlund! We'll be right back!

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling!! Let's head to the ring where The Islanders are set for action!

-Match 2-

The Islanders (King Tonga/Tonga Kid) defeated The Spider/Blue Cyclone in 3:56 when Tonga Kid pinned The Spider after a Top Rope Splash

Bruno Sammartino: King Tonga whips The Spider into the ropes and hits him with a huge kick right to the face. He tags in Tonga Kid who flys off the top rope with a huge splash and that's it.

Vince McMahon: The Islanders wasting no time in the ring this week, and you have to think that they would like a shot at The British Bulldogs and the WWF Tag Team Titles.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Well if they keep dominating the competition like they just did, you have to believe that they would be in line to face the winner of the match between The British Bulldogs and The Fantastics coming up at Saturday Night's Main Event.

Vince McMahon: That seems quite possible Alfred. Let's take another break and we'll be back with the nearly Five Hundred pound Grizzly Muldoon!

Promotional Consideration Paid for by the Following:

When Samantha wants to sign up for a ski club that Tony can't afford, he does everything he can to ensure she can go, short of asking Angela! This week on the Season Finale of Who's the Boss?

-Commercial Break-

-Match 3-

Grizzly Muldoon over Duane Gill in 42 seconds with a Big Splash

Lord Alfred Hayes: My Goodness!!  Did you see that Bruno! He squashed him like a bug!!

Bruno Sammartino: That is a very large man.

Vince McMahon: Ha! You can say that again! Grizzly Muldoon makes quite the impact here on Superstars! Let's head now to "Mean" Gene Okerlund and Update!!

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, we are just weeks away from the World Wrestling Federation making it's debut on Network Television when we present Saturday Night's Main Event on May the Ninth, Live on NBC. We know that on that night we will see The Fantastics of Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers take on Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid, The British Bulldogs for the WWF Tag Team Titles. Let's hear from them along with their manager Bobby "The Brain" Heenan right now.

We cut to The Bulldogs standing in front of a WWF backdrop, the WWF Tag Belts draped over their shoulders. Bobby Heenan stands in front of them with a smirk on his face.

Bobby Heenan: Fulton, Rogers, they call you The Fantastics, but they should call you The Imbeciles. The British Bulldogs already laid a beating on you once, and now you are coming back to get another one. You two think you have a chance at taking these belts, think again.

Dynamite Kid: Fulton, Rogers, this time we have to hurt you.

Davey Boy Smith: Fantastics, you're gonna feel the bite of the Bulldogs!

Bobby Heenan: They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. Fantastics, you must be nuts, because at Saturday Night's Main Event, The Bulldogs are going to beat you again and remain WWF Tag Team Champions!

"Mean" Gene: A little earlier we heard "Superstar" Billy Graham lay down a challenge for World Wrestling Federation Champion Bob Backlund. Rumor has it that WWF President Jack Tunney is considering that match to take place at Saturday Night's Main Event as well. We hope to have more on that next week.

Right now though, we want to report on not one, not two, but three new superstars who are coming here to the World Wrestling Federation! Over the next several weeks all three of these men are scheduled to compete here on Superstars of Wrestling.

The first is the former Olympic Weightlifter Ken Patera who hasn't been seen here in the World Wrestling Federation for many years. A man of immense strength and power, he plans to use that strength to dominate the competition here in the WWF. Second we have the Six Foot, Ten Inch monster known as Big John Studd. Weighing in at Three Hundred and Seventy Pounds, Studd is a mountain of a man who claims that he can not be bodyslammed. Anyone who steps into the ring with him is in for one heck of a fight. Last but certainly not least is the physical specimen known as Paul Orndorff. This well put together young man is a master of the Piledriver and will certainly have his eyes set on championship gold.

It will certainly be interesting to see how these men fair here in the World Wrestling Federation where the competition is most assuredly heating up. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling!! Let's head down to the ring and Howard Finkel!

-Match 4-

Tito Santana defeated Dusty Wolfe in 4:08 with the Figure Four Leglock

Vince McMahon: Tell us about it Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: Santana worked on the leg of Wolfe for the whole match, and when he felt the time was right, he tripped the leg and locked on the Figure Four leg hold and Wolfe had to submit.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Santana is one of the top technical wrestlers here in the World Wrestling Federation and a master of the Figure Four. You have to wonder if at some point he will clash with newcomer Greg Valentine over who applies the hold better.

Vince McMahon: That would certainly be an interesting match up Alfred. Well Ladies and Gentleman, that will do it for this week on Superstars of Wrestling. But be sure to join us next week where we will see the WWF Tag Team Champions The British Bulldogs in action! Then from there "Superstar" Billy Graham will be in singles competition, and we will see the Six Foot Ten, Four Hundred Pound, Big John Studd make his return to the World Wrestling Federation! You won't want to miss it! See you next week!!

Damn! Backlund and Snuka put on one of the best TV matches of all time. Very well done. The finish was perfect as it keeps Snuka strong and shows that Backlund is at the top of his game. I cant tell you how much I'm enjoying Backlund's title run. 

The Superstar is back! Graham is rejuvenated and ready to rock. That promo says it all and he will talk his way into money.

LOL, a Who's the Boss commercial! What an era of sitcoms. 

Muldoon splashes his way to a dominant debut!

Heenan and the Bulldogs do a good job of hyping up their match with the Fantastics.   

Oh man the WWF is going to be on fire with Patera, Orndorff and Studd coming in. Talk about some huge acquisitions. 

Tito finishes the show with the figure four and Alfred plants the seeds for Tito/Valentine. YES! 

Cant wait for SNME! 

Great opening match with Backlund and Snuka.  Need more of this one.  Snuka was so close!

Superstar is great for your version of WWF.  Another fan favorite who can be built up enough that the fans would think he could beat Backlund.  Awesome job with his promo!

I like Muldoon here and the commentators did a nice job of always of hyping up this big guy.

Bulldogs and the Fantastics could go on and on!  This is a great feud

Looking forward to SNME

I wish I was able to write out matches like you did for the title match but for whatever reason I can't pull it off……you did it very well as I could see this match play out in my head hold for hold. I loved that Backlund "let out a roar" after avoiding the splash and right before pouncing on Snuka!  I like that the heel champion got a clean win here….I know I'm guilty of leaning on the heel champion cheating to win more often than not but this does a good job of presenting Backlund not so much as a guy that's "turned bad" but a once beloved champion who has just simply gone batshit crazy and we're watching it unfold each time he appears on the show.

On a related note….it's ironic your big title match for Snuka landed on the same week his Dark Side of the Ring episode debuted.

Great promo from Superstar Graham….and I like that you addressed the whole unfortunate "Kung Fu" phase he went through….I think the fans will get behind him as a challenger for Backlund.

Nice for the Islanders over the dreaded Blue Cyclone!

Great job with the Who's the Boss promo…..I'm always anxious to see what 80's reference is in the "Promotional Consideration" each week.

I like that you changed his name to Grizzly Muldoon….I can just imagine Vince saying, "He can't be Grizzly Boone, dammit, it's too similar to Daniel Boone….we need to think of something better."

Patterson: "What if we call him Grizzly Muldoon?"

Vince: "Goddammit pal, I like it!"

I'm looking forward to Saturday Night's Main Event (I loved these as a kid!)  The Bulldogs rematch with the Fantastics would have ensured I stayed up late not to miss it!

Ken Patera, Big John Studd, and Mr. Wonderful!  Exciting times ahead for the WWF!

KpvmeVR.jpg

A funky bass rhythm mixed with a synthesizer beat begins as clips of all the World Wrestling Federation stars such as Andre the Giant, The Fantastics, King Kong Bundy, Sgt. Slaughter, The British Bulldogs, Greg Valentine and Tito Santana in action plays. It ends with Bob Backlund holding aloft the WWF World Heavyweight title and then cuts to the logo.....

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is Bruno Sammartino, wrestling's Living Legend and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. This week in action we will see the WWF World Tag Team Champions Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid, The British Bulldogs! Then from there in action will be "Superstar" Billy Graham!!

Bruno Sammartino: The nearly seven foot tall Big John Studd is going to be here tonight.

Lord Alfred Hayes: In tag team action Hillbilly Jim and Cousin Luke, the Scufflin' Hillbillies will be in the ring, and starting us off is a newcomer to the World Wrestling Federation.

Vince McMahon: That's right! The high flying and exciting, Jumpin' Joe Savoldi! Let's head down to ringside!!

-Match 1-

"Jumpin" Joe Savoldi beat The Spider in 5:02 with a Dropkick from the Top Rope

Vince McMahon: WHAT A MANEUVER!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: My goodness, Savoldi sailed off of the top rope with such incredible height and caught The Spider directly in the chest with a dropkick. Such precision. What an outstanding maneuver.

Vince McMahon: Jumpin' Joe making quite the impression here in the World Wrestling Federation. Speaking of making impressions, it seems that "Classy" Freddie Blassie and Nikolai Volkoff have been making some of their own in the Soviet Union!

We are taken to footage of Freddie Blassie and Nikolai Volkoff both dressed in heavy winter coats. Volkoff is wearing the hat he normally wears to the ring, and Blassie is wearing one of those Canadian hats with the big ear flaps. They are trudging across knee deep snow in what looks to be Siberia (or Calgary) toward an old cabin.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: Are you sure this is the place? We've been walking around in this snow for hours!!

Nikolai Volkoff: Yes Comrade Blassie, this is it. He will be here.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: He better be! If he ain't here, I am going home!

The video fades to black as the two continue to trudge toward the cabin.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling!! We are set for action with the Scufflin' Hillbillies!!

-Match 2-

Scufflin' Hillbillies (Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Luke) over Jose Luis Rivera/Frank Williams in 4:28 when Cousin Luke pinned Williams after the Mule Kick!

Vince McMahon: All Right!! The Scufflin' Hilbillies pick up the win! Walk us through the replay Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: Luke sends Frankie Williams into the ropes. Then he drops down on all fours, and kicks out backwards hitting him right in the chest on the rebound. Then he covers him for the One, Two, Three.

Vince McMahon: What do you think about that Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: It is certainly something.

Vince McMahon: HA HA HA!!! It certainly is! Let's head now to Update with Gene Okerlund!

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, we are just three weeks away from the World Wrestling Federation making it's debut on nationwide television when NBC presents Saturday Night's Main Event on May the Ninth! Today here on Superstars, I have quite the blockbuster announcement concerning that show!

Last week right here on Superstars of Wrestling, we saw the return of former World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion "Superstar" Billy Graham and he made it known that he wanted a piece of the current WWF Champion Bob Backlund. On that same show we saw Bob Backlund retain the WWF Title in a hard fought war with Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

What I can tell you is this. "Superfly" Snuka is gone. He has left the World Wrestling Federation and headed for warmer climates after the damage inflicted on him by Bob Backlund. Backlund on the other hand is ready for his next challenge, and when asked about the challenge of "The Superstar" had this to say.

We cut to Bob Backlund dressed impeccably in a suit and tie. The WWF Title is nicely folded and cradled in his arms. The intense look in his eyes does not match the calm exterior that we see.

Bob Backlund: Ladies and Gentleman, seven days ago I stepped into the wrestling ring against a man who was attempting to usurp my position as the champion of the world. Seven days ago I battled a godless heathen who was attempting to lay claim to the glory for which I have fought heart and sould for my whole life. SEVEN DAYS AGO I ANNIHILATED JAMES SNUKA YET AGAIN BECAUSE HE DARED TO TRY AND CLAIM MY WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Now I have been informed that mere moments after my glorious victory, another plebeian has come begging a chance at glory. But not just any run of the mill malcontent this time. No, this time it is the man whom I first defeated to become the champion. William Graham, the man who calls himself the Superstar. I defeated him to become your champion seven years ago, and for seven glorious years I have held this championship with honor, with integrity, with pride.

For Seven Years I Have Been The Champion Of The World! SO WILLIAM GRAHAM, IF YOU WISH TO ATTEMPT TO RECLAIM THE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT I LIBERATED FROM YOU'RE WRETCHED, FILTHY GRASP. THEN I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!! I WILL DESTROY YOU AS I HAVE DESTROYED THE REST!! I AM THE CHAMPION! I AM WORTHY! ME! MEEEE!!!!!

Backlund is inches from the camera and seething as we cut back to Gene Okerlund.

"Mean" Gene: First of all, let me set the record straight and tell everyone that Bob Backlund has not been World Wrestling Federation Champion for seven straight years. But that's not important, what is important is that we have word from the office of World Wrestling Federation President Jack Tunney and it is official a match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship between Bob Backlund and "Superstar" Billy Graham is set for Saturday Night's Main Event. Ladies and Gentleman, I promise you, you are not going to want to miss that one. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

-Commercial Break-

-Match 3-

"Superstar" Billy Graham defeated Steve Lombardi by Submission in 3:56 with a Bear Hug

Vince McMahon: The Superstar picks up the victory!!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Going into a one on one situation with Bob Backlund, "Superstar" Billy Graham picks up some momentum with a nice victory here today.

Bruno Sammartino: Billy and I were never the best of friends, but I hope he cleans Backlund's clock.

Vince McMahon: Ha Ha Ha! Let's check back in on "Classy" Freddie Blassie and Nikolai Volkoff

We cut back to Blassie and Volkoff just as they arrive to the cabin. They shove open the door and while Blassie animatedly gets all of the snow off of himself, Volkoff fights against the wind to close the door behind them.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: I can't believe I let you talk me into coming all the way out here!

Nikolai Volkoff: Trust Me Comrade Blassie! You want new partner for Nikolai. New partner is here.

Blassie throws a side eye at Volkoff and makes his way over to a fire lit in the hearth on the other side of the room. Just then a voice calls out "Who is There!" Blassie gets an odd look on his face as Nikolai smiles.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: Would you look at the size of the cranium on this guy!!

Nikolai Volkoff: Comrade Boris!! Is me Nikolai!!

The camera cuts as a man with a bushy black beard and a very large bald head walks into the shot.

PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATION PAID FOR BY THE FOLLOWING:
"No Jacket Required" the critically acclaimed album by Phil Collins. Get it now at Sam Goody and Tower Records!

-Commercial Break-

We come back to an elevated platform away from the ring where we see "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing with a microphone in his hands.

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in welcoming my very special guest this week here on Superstars of Wrestling....

Before "Mean" Gene can finish his introduction, the blonde woman who has been seen scouting talent makes her way to the podium along with "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly. She smiles at Gene, and holds out her hand for the microphone.

"Mean" Gene: Ma'am, I don't know who you are, but I've seen you out here watching the matches. If you have something to say, you can talk to me.

She gives Gene a smirk and a small laugh.

"Gene, if it makes you feel better to be in charge, we can pretend you are for now."

"Mean" Gene: Do you have a name young lady?

"My name is Valerie, but all my friends call me Sunshine."

"Mean" Gene: Sunshine?

Sunshine: That's right darling. Sunshine.

"Mean" Gene: Well Miss Sunshine, may I ask why you and Kevin Kelly are interrupting my interview?

Sunshine: Well Gene, I came out here to do your job and give you an update! You see while Freddie Blassie is off traipsing around in Russia, my business partner and I went out and signed "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly to be part of our organization.

"Mean" Gene: Kevin Kelly, is this true? You've left Fred Blassie and joined up with Sunshine and her mystery associate?

"Magnificent" Kevin Kelly: That's right "Mean" Gene. Sometimes a deal is just too good to pass up, and what Sunshine and company had to offer was..Magnificent!

"Mean" Gene: and just who is this business partner of yours Sunshine?

Sunshine: Why Gene, I thought you'd never ask! He just so happens to be coming out here right now with our newest client. So Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome my business partner, the manager of champions....Jimmy Hart and our second client....Big John Studd

From the back comes the bundle of energy known as Jimmy Hart wearing a white suit with a black shirt and red tie, and his signature black sunglasses. Towering beside him wearing a red robe with black trim is the nearly seven foot tall Big John Studd. The two of them head to the podium and join Sunshine and "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly.

"Mean" Gene: Jimmy Hart!! You are a man with quite a reputation, but what are you doing here in the World Wrestling Federation?

Jimmy Hart: "Mean" Gene baby, you want to know what I am doing here in the WWF! Well lemme tell ya! This is where things are happening Gene! This is where things are going down. So when me and Sunshine decided to put our minds together and put together a group of wrestlers to take over the world, we figured what better place to do it than the World Wrestling Federation baby!! So starting right now, when you see Jimmy Hart and Sunshine coming to the ring, you know you are about to see the best talent in the whole world baby!

"Mean" Gene: Big John Studd, let me ask you...

Big John reaches down and clamps one hand over the mouth of Okerlund. He clamps his other around "Mean" Gene's wrist and pulls it high enough for him to speak.

Big John Studd: You don't need to ask me anything little man. All you need to know is that I'm here and that means trouble for anyone not named Hart, Sunshine, or Kelly. Now, I see another little man in that ring that's in a whole lot of trouble. So I'm gonna go take care of some business.

Jimmy Hart: HAHAHAHA! You heard him "Mean" Gene! We got business to take care of! "Magnificent", there is champagne in the back, baby! We'll see you as soon as Big John is finished with his light work! HAHAHA!!!

Sunshine: See ya later Gene! It was your pleasure.

Studd, Hart, and Sunshine head for the ring as Kevin Kelly heads back to the dressing room.

"Mean" Gene: Back to you gentleman.

-Match 4-

Big John Studd w/Jimmy Hart & Sunshine beat Ricky Ataki by submission in 2:54 with an Over the Shoulder Backbreaker

Bruno Sammartino: My goodness, John Studd just manhandled his opponent in there tonight.

Lord Alfred Hayes: While I don't know much about this Sunshine, if she is half as devious as Jimmy Hart, with two minds such as those behind an athlete the size of Big John Studd, I don't know who will be able to stop him here in the World Wrestling Federation.

Vince McMahon: He is certainly a large and impressive athlete. Don't go away Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back with the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, The British Bulldogs!

-Commercial Break-

During the match a picture in picture interview with The Fantastics played

Bobby Fulton: British Bulldogs! You cheated us out of those Tag Team Titles, but at Saturday Night's Main Event we are gonna be ready to rock and roll all over your butts!

Tommy Rogers: Davey Boy! Dynamite! When we leave you two boys laying in the ring and we take home that gold, there will be only one word to describe it. Fantastic!

-Match 5-

The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith/Dynamite Kid) w/Bobby Heenan defeated Dusty Wolfe/Brady Boone in 5:13 when Dynamite Kid pinned Wolfe after a Diving Headbutt

Vince McMahon: Walk us through the replay Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: The Dynamite Kid shoots Wolfe into the ropes and then charges in with a clothesline that nearly rips his head off. Then he climbs to the top and drops that headbutt right into his chest.

Vince McMahon: There was no getting up after that Alfred!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Certainly Not. Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid are a formidable team on their own, but with Bobby Heenan guiding them, they are that much more dangerous. The Fantastics have an uphill battle ahead of them.

Vince McMahon: Speaking of The Fantastics, we'll see them in action right here next week on Superstars of Wrestling! Also in action will be The Iron Sheik! Then from there we will see the return of the former Olympic strongman Ken Patera! Also in action...ANDRE THE GIANT!! That's all for this week Ladies and Gentleman. SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!

The WWF is really starting to hit its stride. 

Nice debut for Savoldi. His exciting style will get him over with the fans. 

Hillbillies get the win and I'm sure will be looking for a title shot soon. 

Backlund gives yet another priceless promo. William Graham LOL. I hope Backlund has a long run as champ. I will never get tired of reading these promos. 

Speaking of Graham, he looks ready for his big shot at Backlund. Everybody loves a good comeback story and this is a good one. 

I loved the Blassie/Nikolai segment. They traveled a long way and it pays off as Nikolai reunites with his comrade Boris. I'm really glad you got Boris. Looking forward to this version. 

Oh man I miss Tower Records. 

Sunshine reveals herself and drops a bombshell as she introduces her associate Jimmy Hart! Hart then introduces Big John Studd! This is going to be one dangerous stable. 

Cant wait for the Bulldogs/Fantastics match! SNME is going to rock. 

Your format is so good and realistic. You have captured 80s WWF perfectly. 

Really enjoying my weekly WWF!

Nice to see Jumpin Joe get a win!

Awesome video with Volkoff and Blassie.  So descriptive.  I could just picture this as I read it and then you left us hanging.  Who is coming?  So glad I didn't need to wait a whole week to find out.  Welcome Comrade Boris!

Like the Scriffin Hiibillies.  Commentary hear was spot on.  "HA HA HA!!! It certainly is!"  I could just hear Vince saying this.  Did you grow up on the WWF?

Bob Backlund might be my favorite heel in the game right now!

Sunshine with Hart seems like it is going to be fun and they are building a BIG stable.

Like that you are keeping the feud going between the Bulldogs and the Fantastics.  

You can't have a respectable rasslin show in 1985 without some "Scufflin Hillbillies"!

Bob Backlund continues to be one of my favorite reads each week...you've captured the unhinged version of Backlund so perfectly..."liberated from your wretched filthy grasp" was the line that popped me the most in this one.

I enjoyed the Blassie/Volkoff segment as Kevin said you do a great job describing things that makes it so easy to visualize but my favorite thing about this was the fact that it didn't play out all at once, grab job building the suspense and hooking the viewer to stick around and see how it plays out.

I had that Phil Collins cassette!

Sunshine makes a smart move alligning with Jimmy Hart, baby!  It will be interesting to see if they can coexist in the long run but Kelly and Big John Studd in their Stable they will be formidable for sure.

Saturday Night's Main Event is building to be a can't miss event!

KpvmeVR.jpg

A funky bass rhythm mixed with a synthesizer beat begins as clips of all the World Wrestling Federation stars such as Andre the Giant, The Fantastics, King Kong Bundy, Sgt. Slaughter, The British Bulldogs, Greg Valentine and Tito Santana in action plays. It ends with Bob Backlund holding aloft the WWF World Heavyweight title and then cuts to the logo.....

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is Bruno Sammartino, wrestling's Living Legend and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. This week you will see Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers, The Fantastics! Then from there, the one and only ANDRE THE GIANT!!!

Bruno Sammartino: My Son, David Sammartino will compete this week, as well as that no good Nikolai Volkoff and his new partner.

Lord Alfred Hayes: We will also see the WWF return of former Olympic weight lifter Ken Patera and we have very exciting news regarding Saturday Night's Main Event.

Vince McMahon: It is definitely an action packed show today! So let's not waste any time! Take it away Howard Finkel!

-Match 1-

David Sammartino beat Frank Williams in 4:19 with a powerslam

Vince McMahon: Walk us through the replay Bruno!

Bruno Sammartino: My David hoists Williams up and gives him the atomic drop, then he whips him into the ropes and gives him the big powerslam for the one, two, three. A nice win by David!

Vince McMahon: It certainly was Bruno, it certainly was. Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back!

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! Earlier we said we had exciting news regarding Saturday Night's Main Event, let's not wait any longer. Let's head to Update with "Mean" Gene!

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, as we continue to roll toward the debut of the World Wrestling Federation on NBC with Saturday Night's Main Event, anticipation continues to grow. Well this week news came in from the office of WWF President Jack Tunney, and it is going to spike that to a fever pitch. Let's head now to a word from Mr. Tunney!

M9YwHVX.jpg

Jack Tunney: After much deliberation, myself and other officials of the World Wrestling Federation have decided to reinstate the Intercontinental Championship. The current growth of the WWF and our introduction to network television necessitates the need for another championship, and the lineage of the Intercontinental Title makes it just the thing to fill the need.

At the upcoming Saturday Night's Main Event on May the Ninth, a Twenty Man, Over the Top Rope Battle Royal will be held, and the man who wins that contest will become the Intercontinental Champion. Congratulations to all of the competitors who will get a chance to compete, and may the best man win. Thank You.

The video fades out and we cut back to "Mean" Gene.

"Mean" Gene: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman! A Twenty Man Battle Royal to crown a brand new Intercontinental Champion, and believe me when I tell you that as soon as rumors even began to swirl that a new Intercontinental Champion might be crowned, we had countries from around the globe begging to have the champion crowned on their soil. Heck, Rio De Janeiro even offered to host another tournament, but we said No Way! No, we are going to crown a brand new champion and you are going to see it Live! All you have to do is tune in when the World Wrestling Federation makes it's network debut with Saturday's Night Main Event!

Now, here are just a few of the names that are set to compete in that battle royal. First up from the Bobby Heenan Family, we have Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. Next is a man you will see a little bit later today, former Olympian Ken Patera! The man who we saw make his high flying debut last week on Superstars, "Jumpin" Joe Savoldi! and this man.... Black Bart!

We cut to Black Bart standing in front of a WWF backdrop. He is wearing a long black coat, a black cowboy hat, and is carrying a bullwhip.

Black Bart: A twenty man battle royal for the Intercontinental Title?

Bart spits a huge chew of tobacco onto the ground and smiles at the camera.

Black Bart: WELL THAT'S JUST NINETEEN SISSIES THAT I AM GONNA HAVE TO PITCH OUTTA THE RING SO I CAN BRING HOME THE GOLD, NOW AIN'T IT!!!

Bart rears back to crack the whip and the camera cuts to static.

"Mean" Gene: With twenty men in the ring at once, almost anything can happen. I'll be back next week with a full run down of the names involved and final look at the card for the Saturday Night's Main Event. For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund.

-Commercial Break-

-Match 2-

Ken Patera over Jose Luis Rivera in 3:48 by submission with a Spinning Full Nelson

Vince McMahon: Ken Patera makes a triumphant return to the WWF and gets the win with the Full Nelson!

Lord Alfred Hayes: The Full Nelson is a very painful move due to the immense pressure it puts on the neck and shoulders. When you have a man with the strength of Patera applying the hold it only increases that, and then when he begins spinning with you, I don't see how anyone could withstand it.

Vince McMahon: A man of his strength certainly won't have any trouble picking men up and throwing them out of the ring in the Intercontinental Title Battle Royal.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Definitely not. You have to think he'll be an odds on favorite based solely on the fact that I don't believe anyone in the match will be able to match his raw strength.

Vince McMahon: I would think not Alfred. Ladies and Gentleman, we will be right back with the challengers for the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles at Saturday Night's Main Event, The Fantastics! Don't go anywhere!!

They sent him on a mission, and set him up to fail. But they made one mistake....they forgot they were dealing with Rambo! May 22nd....Rambo: First Blood Part 2!!

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling! Let's head down to the ring for Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers, The Fantastics!!

-Match 3-

The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) defeated Tom Stone/Pete Doherty in 5:11 when Fulton pinned Doherty after the Fantastic Flip

Vince McMahon: What a Maneuver!! If they do that to The British Bulldogs, we'll have new Tag Team Champions for sure!

Bruno Sammartino: These two young men are very good athletes, and they combine the high flying with good basic wrestling.

Lord Alfred Hayes: I must agree with Bruno. The Fantastics have all of the tools needed to defeat The Bulldogs, but keeping Bobby Heenan out of the match is going to be the biggest obstacle for them to overcome.

Vince McMahon: The man who calls himself "The Brain" may certainly be the deciding factor in the contest if The Fantastics aren't careful. Alright, it's time now to head over to "Mean" Gene and his very special guest. Take it away Gene!

The camera cuts to an elevated platform away from the ring where we see "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing with a microphone in his hands.

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, I'd like you all to join me in welcoming my very special guest this week. A man who is returning to the World Wrestling Federation after suffering a heartbreaking defeat several weeks ago at the hands of King Kong Bundy and is looking for a fresh start if you will. Ladies and Gentleman, S.D. Jones!

S.D. Jones comes out to the platform in his signature yellow trunks and Hawaiian shirt to something of a mild reception. But he doesn't let it phase him and smiles all the way until he shakes the hand of "Mean" Gene.

"Mean" Gene: Now S.D., the loss to King Kong Bundy was a very decisive one, coming in just twenty seven seconds. How do you even begin to come back from something like that.

S.D. Jones: Well let me tell you "Mean" Gene, it hasn't been easy, but every day I have been training my hardest and....

Jones trails off as a third man joins them on the platform. A large man wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt with curly blonde hair and and a goatee.

"Mean" Gene: Now hold on just a minute, what is the meaning of this?

The newcomer gets a smirk on his face and leans in to the microphone.

"Come on now "Mean" Gene, you know darn well who the Doctor is, so don't go pretending like you don't."

"Mean" Gene: "Dr. D" David Schultz, this interview time is schedule for S.D. Jones, just what do you think you are doing out here?

David Schultz: What do I think I'm doing out here? Ha! Whatever I want Gene, and there ain't nothing you can do about it. You wanna know why?

"Mean" Gene: I'm sure you're going to tell me.

David Schultz: You dang right I am. It's cause your short. Your bald. Your ugly. Your dressed like a penguin, and you got that stupid look on your face all the time that makes people wanna slap you in the mouth. So you just stand there and hold the microphone before I send you crying back to your fat, ugly wife at home doing the dishes.

S.D. Jones: Now hold on a second...

David Schultz: Oh, you think I forgot you Boy? What's your name again?

S.D. Jones: S.D. Jones

David Schultz: S.D.? What's that stand for? Stupid Dipsh...

S.D. Jones: SPECIAL DELIVERY!

David Schultz: Calm Down Boy....don't go getting all uppity on me now or something! Special Delivery? What like you the mailman or something? Cause if I saw you on my property boy, I'd run you off with the shotgun. I'd figure you was coming to steal something, or..

S.D. Jones: You'd better watch your mouth....

David Schultz: You'd better watch my fist.

Schultz blasts Jones hard in the face with a right hand. "Mean" Gene tosses the microphone into the air and runs off the stage, as Schultz pounces on top of Jones and begins to blast him with a barrage of punches. The show goes to commercial as a horde of security converges on the scene.

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back to Superstars of Wrestling, and Ladies and Gentleman, we would like to apologize for what occurred before the commercial break. The words and actions of David Schultz certainly do not represent those of the World Wrestling Federation and I understand that Mr. Schultz has been removed from the building by security. He was not scheduled to be here this evening, and one again, we apologize for his words and actions. Let's head down to the ring now for more action.

-Match 4-

The Red Scare (Nikolai Volkoff/Boris Zhukov) w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie beat Barry Horowitz/Mario Mancini in 4:53 when Zhukov pinned Mancini after a Running Headbutt.

Vince McMahon: OH MY!!! Tell us about it Bruno!!

Bruno Sammartino: Volkoff slammed Mario down in the middle of the ring, then tagged in this Boris who came across the ring and just crashed into him with a huge headbutt. That man had a very large head Vince!

Vince McMahon: HA! HA! HA!

Lord Alfred Hayes: I must say that I was at first baffled by Fred Blassie's decision to split Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik as a team, but this Boris Zhukov appears to be an ideal fit for Volkoff, and the Red Scare will certainly be a force here in the ranks of the tag team division.

Vince McMahon: Ladies and Gentleman, don't go anywhere, we'll be right back with ANNNDREEE THE GIANT!!!

-Commercial Break-

-Match 5-

Andre the Giant defeated The Bounty Hunter in 3:04 with a Sitdown Splash

During the match Grizzly Muldoon came out and stood in the aisle way. When it was over he and Andre locked eyes. The Giant motioned him towards the ring, but Muldoon could be seen mouthing the words "Not Yet" before turning around and heading to the back.

Vince McMahon: Oh Yeah! Andre the Giant picks up another victory!! But it looks like the behemoth Grizzly Muldoon wants a chance at The Giant!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Andre invited him into the ring but it looked as if Muldoon said Not Yet. That would certainly be an interesting battle. While Muldoon doesn't match The Giant in height, he certainly makes up for it in sheer weight tipping the scales at over five hundred pounds!

Vince McMahon: They would have to reinforce the ring for sure! That's it for this week Ladies and Gentleman, but be sure to join us next week when we will see Scott Casey and Johnny Mantell, The Gunslingers in action! Then from there, The Iron Sheik will in singles competition! and as unbelievable as it may sound, I've just been told that our feature contest next week will see S.D. Jones go one on one with "Dr. D" David Schultz! You won't want to miss that, right here on Superstars of Wrestling!! See you next week!!

David kicks off things with a win. I could tell Bruno liked commentating this one. 

Right on! The IC title is coming. LOL loved the Rio reference. The battle royal will be a lot of fun and a nice bonus for SNME. 

Patera looks strong in his debut and is a favorite to win the battle royal. 

Black Bart gives a great promo and says he's ready for the battle royal. 

1985 was defiantly Stallone's year. 

Fantastics are tuned up and ready for the Bulldogs. I agree with Alfred, they better watch out for Heenan. 

OH MAN! Dr. D has arrived and already is causing big trouble. I really liked this segment. It did a great job building up their match next week. D's rant was priceless. "You like the mailman"? HAHAHAHA 

The Red Scare is here! I hope these guys get a strong push. Last week's set up was great and this week they have a devastating debut. 

Of course Andre has got to end the show. It was always special when he wrestled on TV. Muldoon is looking to make a name for himself but I'm not sure if he should be playing mind games with Andre. 

Another solid show. SNME is being built up so well. 

Excited for the Battle Royal to see who will be the Intercontinental Champion

I enjoy your commercials each week.  They really bring me back.  

Fantastics/Bulldogs are great matches.  All 4 could really bump and sell well.

Showing Tunney in his office just makes it feel so important.  Great touch!

Dr. D was just so intimidating with his promos and you captured that.  

I know I have said it before, but your use of the commentators is spot on.  Liked Vince letting the fans know that it Dr. D's views were not shared by the WWF

David Sammartino has arrived! Let's hope no one takes out any frustration they have with Bruno on young David!

Great job with 'Mr. Charisma' Jack Tunney, I could really hear his voice while reading his promo….I'm super excited to see the IC title coming back….another great reason to tune in for Saturday Night's Main Event!

I always liked Patera's spinning full nelson…but that will be hard to apply in a battle royal! Then again Patera's brute strength should serve him well to pitch people out of said battle royal.

RAMBO!!!!

Fantastics vs. the British Bulldogs are one of those rare 'dream matches' that pop up in the game that never happened in their prime and with the added fun of the Bulldogs being heel along with Heenan in their corner makes the a possible show stealer for SNME!

WOW…..I was a big fan of your depiction of 'Dr. D' in the game previously but fresh off of watching the Dark Side of the Ring episode this week with Schultz made this feel like reading a transcript from a Schultz promo….I could hear every word and it managed to get me excited to see a "Dr. D" vs. SD Jones match next week….such great lines in this one! Between Schultz and Backlund, WWF will continue to be must see TV each week!

Even though IRL they didn't accomplish as much as a team I always felt the Volkoff/Zhukov duo were a better team than Volkoff/Sheik….I preferred Sheik as a single although I certainly understood why they stuck him in a team at this point in his career……The Red Scare name is fun and I love seeing all the original team names everyone comes up with in the game!

No better way to close out a WWF show than the great Andre the Giant…..OHHH MYYY!!  I'm looking forward to seeing Muldoon get a piece of Andre!

Another great episode of Superstars!

TpBZtIS.jpg

1) Pedro Morales vs Johnny Rodz

The former WWF and Intercontinental Champion Morales made a triumphant return and forced Rodz to submit to his patented Boston Crab.

Winner: Pedro Morales

2) The Scufflin' Hillbillies (Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Luke) vs The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson)

A pretty one sided affair that ended when Cousin Luke hit the Mule Kick on Simpson, followed by Hillbilly Jim dropping a big leg drop for the 1,2,3.

Winners: The Scufflin' Hillbilles

3) "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/Jimmy Hart & Sunshine vs "White Lightning" Tim Horner

Horner made his WWF debut inside the famed MSG, and although it was an uphill battle for him from the start, he managed to take Kelly to a draw in the 15 minute time limit.

Winner: DRAW

4) The Gunslingers (Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell) vs The Tribe (Billy Two Eagles/Jules Strongbow)

A high paced back and forth match that saw The Gunslingers pick up a clean and decisive victory over the men who had been troubling them for weeks.

Winners: The Gunslingers

5) The Iron Sheik w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie vs Joe Savoldi

Savoldi did his best to use his high flying tactics against the Sheik, but between his amateur skills and some good old fashioned cheating, The Iron Sheik was able to pick up the win.

Winner: The Iron Sheik

6) King Kong Bundy/The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith/Dynamite Kid) w/Bobby "The Brain" Heenan vs DJ Peterson/"The Candyman" Ray Candy/David Sammartino

The Heenan Family were dominant in this 6 man tag. The Candyman and DJ Peterson got in some offense early, but once David Sammartino was tagged in, he was worked over by The Bulldogs and then squashed by Bundy for the win.

Winners: King Kong Bundy and The British Bulldogs

7) The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) vs The Highwaymen (Bobby Fulton/Bobby Jaggers)

A good little tag team match that saw The Fantastics pick up a nice win just days before their shot at the WWF Tag Team Titles. The Rocket Launcher on Duncum was the end of this one.

Winners: The Fantastics

8) Sgt. Slaughter vs Nikolai Volkoff w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie

A back and forth battle that saw the Sarge about to come away with the victory when Boris Zhukov hit the ring drawing the DQ. The Gunslingers came out to even up the odds, and the fans in the Garden certainly enjoyed Slaughter and the cowboys standing tall at the end.

Winner, by DQ: Sgt. Slaughter

9) "Superstar" Billy Graham vs Big John Studd w/Jimmy Hart & Sunshine

A battle of powerhouses that saw both men batter one another. The ending came when Superstar Graham showed off his amazing power and to the shock of everyone bodyslammed the mammoth Studd in the center of the ring and covered him for the three count. Both Hart and Sunshine walked away discouraged as soon as Studd was slammed. Graham put on a pose down for the fans after the bell rang.

Winner: "Superstar" Billy Graham

10) Andre The Giant/Tito Santana/Ken Patera vs Bob Backlund/Grizzly Muldoon/Black Bart

This massive six man war went full tilt for over ten minutes, but it all fell to pieces on the heel side when Muldoon accidentally hit Backlund with a forearm. When he recovered, the WWF Champion unleashed a verbal tirade on his partners, then headed for the dressing room allowing himself to be counted out. After the bell, Muldoon tried to attack Andre, but The Giant knocked him out of the ring with a huge right hand.

Winners, by Count Out: Andre The Giant/Tito Santana/Ken Patera

(A bonus show for this week as a couple of guys get to debut, and a couple of folks who are probably going to get the axe get to do a job on the way out the door)

Madison Square Garden never disappoints!

Pedro seems to be back where he belongs.

Volkoff/Slaughter... Perfect ending until you are ready to blow this feud off.  This could go on forever and sell tickets each night!

Supertstar with a Big win!  Keeps him hot for Backlund.  Studd seems to be struggling to fit in with Hart and Sunshine.

Nice job with the continued build of the super intense crazed Backlund.  I thought Andre was going to pin Muldoon to keep all the major players hot but your finish was even better!  Good job.

Great house show card for the Garden!

Good win for the Hillbillies who have to be looking to try and get a shot at the winners of the upcoming tag team title match

Surprised to see Horner take Kelly to the limit here...Hart and Sunshine's first night here at MSG didn't go as planned

Great night for the Heenan Family

Fans have to be excited to see Sarge get his hand raised after battling big Nikolai

HUGE win for the Superstar....for anyone thinking Graham is washed up and doesn't have a chance against Backlund this victory will go a long way towards changing fans perception of the Superstar

Great booking in the main event...Backlund is protected and furthers his unhinged persona while Andre gets a shot in on Muldoon but fans still wanna see these two tie up one on one at some point.

Nothing like the WWF at MSG. 

Morales comes home and opens the show with a hot win. 

For some reason watching Hillbillies go at it with 80s rockers just works. 

Horner makes quite the debut as he takes Mr. Magnificent to the limit. 

Gunslingers pick up a nice win over current rivals The Tribe. 

Savoldi is a great young and exciting talent but Sheik just has to much experience. I'm sure Savoldi learned a lot in that match. 

Heenan Family get a big win tonight. That was a fun match. I'm glad Candy and DJ got in their moments. Young David pays his dues and takes the fall. 

Fantastics are tuned up and ready for the Bulldogs as they take down the tough Highwaymen. 

You know Slaughter and Volkoff had a ton of heat in their match. Good ending as the Gunslingers and Red Scare seem to be heading for a showdown. 

WOW! The Superstar Slams Studd! I cant imagine the reaction that got. That was huge. This really sets up Graham as a serious threat to Backlund. 

What a way to end the show with a all-star 6 man tag match. LOL, Backlund just walks out on his partners. Muldoon better have a game plan for Andre because he felt his power tonight. 

Cant wait for more Garden shows. 

KpvmeVR.jpg

giDxEmS.jpg

Vince McMahon: Hello Everyone, and welcome to the World Wrestling Federation's Superstars of Wrestling! I'm Vince McMahon and joining me at ringside is wrestling's Living Legend, Bruno Sammartino and His Lordship, Lord Alfred Hayes. On tap this week we have the Five Hundred Pound Grizzly Muldoon! Then from there, The Gunslingers will be in tag team competition. "Mean" Gene Okerlund will have an interview with ANNNDREEE THE GIANT!!!

Bruno Sammartino: That no good Iron Sheik will be in action, and I'm sure his manager "No Class" Blassie will be with him.

Lord Alfred Hayes: A newcomer to the World Wrestling Federation will join us this week "The Southern Gentleman" Robert Fuller and then in our featured contest, after what happened last week S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones will go one on one with "Dr. D" David Schultz.

Vince McMahon: Not only that, but with just hours to go before Saturday Night's Main Event, we will get a full run down of what you can expect on Update. So with all of that action in store, let's get to it!

-Match 1-

Grizzly Muldoon over Ricky Ataki in 58 seconds with a Big Splash

Vince McMahon: Oh My!! It didn't even take him a minute to put the big squash on him and pick up the win!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Last week we saw Grizzly Muldoon watching the match of Andre the Giant, and don't look now but it appears that this week Andre is returning the favor.

Vince McMahon: It also looks like "Mean" Gene is going to get a word with him.

We cut to an elevated platform where Andre the Giant is standing with his arms crossed watching the ring. "Mean" Gene hurries up the stairs with a microphone and comes to stand next to The Giant.

"Mean" Gene: Andre the Giant, we were scheduled to speak later on in the show, but you just saw Grizzly Muldoon put away his opponent in under a minute. Can I get your thoughts?

Andre the Giant: I think he is just another man pretending to be the true giant of wrestling.

"Mean" Gene: Last week after your match, you motioned for him to come in the ring and fight. We all saw him say Not Yet. What do you think that was all about?

Andre the Giant: He is trying to play games with me Gene. But I don't play games. If he wants to fight me, I will fight him at the Main Event tonight on NBC.

At this point Grizzly Muldoon is most of the way up the aisle and is near the podium. Andre points down at him and yells...

Andre the Giant: YOU AND ME! TONIGHT!!

Muldoon nods his head and begins rubbing his fists together, as Andre cracks a big smile.

"Mean" Gene: Alright, Ladies and Gentleman! It sounds like the Battle of the Big Men is on for tonight at Saturday Night's Main Event!!

-Commercial Break-

Vince McMahon: Welcome back everyone to Superstars of Wrestling! Let's head to the ring where a newcomer to the World Wrestling Federation, "The Southern Gentleman" Robert Fuller is set for action.

During the match we got a pre-taped screen in screen promo from the newcomer. He is dressed in a fine three piece gray suit and a matching cowboy hat. He has an obviously fake smile plastered on his face as it begins.

Robert Fuller: Welllll, Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman. My name is Robert Fuller, and I'm coming to you from the heart of the South, my hometown Memphis, Tennessee. I just wanted to take a moment and do as a fine Southern Gentleman such as myself should do and introduce myself to all of you fine folks out there. I am coming to the World Wrasslin' Federation to show all of you what three generations of Southern Grappling Expertise can do. So get yourself a nice tall glass of Sweet Tea, sit back, and get ready to see the best wrassler in the whole world. Y'all enjoy now.

-Match 2-

"The Southern Gentleman" Robert Fuller defeated Brady Boone by submission in 5:02 with the Fuller Leglock

Vince McMahon: The Southern Gentleman picks up a win in his debut. What do you think about this guy Bruno?

Bruno Sammartino: He reminds me of a used car salesman or something.

Vince McMahon: HA! HA! HA!

Lord Alfred Hayes: Regardless of how you feel about him, he put on quite a dominant performance in this match, and that Fuller Leglock drew an instant submission from his opponent.

Bruno Sammartino: I wasn't questioning his skill, just his character.

Vince McMahon: Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back with The Iron Sheik!

Bolder, Better, try the latest and greatest in refreshment....New Coke!!

-Commercial Break-

As the show came back from commercial Howard Finkel and the opponent for The Iron Sheik were already in the ring. The Fink announced the man as Jerry Allen, and then the music of The Iron Sheik began to play. But when the curtain parted, it was WWF Champion Bob Backlund, dressed in a suit who came sprinting toward the ring. He slid under the bottom ropes and popped briefly to his feet before double legging the unsuspecting Allen and taking him to the mat.

Backlund began to drop repeated forearm blows onto the face of the stunned competitor, before rolling him over and hooking him in the Cross Face Chicken Wing. Backlund was squealing with rage as he violently jerked at the head and arm of Allen, until a host of referee's, officials, and security filled up the ring and pulled Backlund off of him.

As EMT's hit the ring to check on the fallen man, the camera focused on Backlund as he was drug by a horde of people out of the arena. He could be heard screaming "DID YOU THINK YOU COULD JUST BRING TERRY ALLEN BACK WITH NO REPERCUSSIONS!!! DID YOU THINK I WOULD ALLOW HIM TO RETURN!! THIS IS MY COMPANY!! IT IS MY TITLE!!! MINE!!!! MIIIINNNEEEEEE!!!!"

-Commercial Break-

Bruno Sammartino: Someone needs to kick his butt and show him...

Vince McMahon: Umm Bruno... Welcome Back Ladies and Gentleman! Bob Backlund has been removed from the arena, and we've found a replacement opponent for The Iron Sheik, so let's head down to the ring!

-Match 3-

The Iron Sheik w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie beat Duane Gill by submission in 3:38 with the Camel Clutch

Vince McMahon: The Iron Sheik makes it look easy and puts his opponent away with the dreaded Camel Clutch.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Iron Sheik has spent the better part of his time recently teaming with Nikolai Volkoff, but now that he is back in singles competition, he will definitely be looking for singles gold.

Vince McMahon: We'll find out for certain a bit later, but you'd have to believe that "Classy" Freddie Blassie would have done his best to have him included in the battle royal for the Intercontinental Title. Ladies and Gentleman, when we return it will be The Gunslingers in tag team action. Don't go anywhere!

-Commercial Break-

-Match 4-

The Gunslingers (Johnny Mantell/Scott Casey) over Brian Costello/Barry Hardy in 4:53 when Casey pinned Costello after the Double Bulldog.

Vince McMahon: All Right!! The Gunslingers with another win!! Let's take a look at the replay Bruno...

Bruno Sammartino: Mantell tags in Casey who cuts off Hardy as he attempted to come in. Then they both grab Costello and drop him with the Double Bulldog and it's all over.

Lord Alfred Hayes: The Gunslingers have been racking up the wins here in the World Wrestling Federation, and you'd have to think they will be in contention to challenge whoever wins between The British Bulldogs and The Fantastics at Saturday Night's Main Event.

Vince McMahon: They would certainly have to be near the top of the list Alfred. Right now it's time to head over the "Mean" Gene and Update, take it away Gene!

YpkPqXg.jpg

"Mean" Gene: Ladies and Gentleman, we are just hours away from the World Wrestling Federation's debut on network television, so please be sure and join us when NBC presents Saturday Night's Main Event tonight LIVE from the Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York!

We have quite the night of action on tap for you, so let's get right down to the details. In the main event, we are going to see the World Wrestling Federation Champion Bob Backlund defend that title against the man who he originally won the title from some eight years ago. A man who recently returned to the WWF, revitalized and rejuvenated, I am of course talking about "Superstar" Billy Graham. Let's hear now from both men.

We cut to "Superstar" Billy Graham in front of a WWF backdrop. He is wearing a tie dyed tank top and sunglasses.

"Superstar" Graham: Bobby Backlund! The clock is ticking daddy, and we are just hours away from the final piece of sand ticking down outta that hour glass, and then you'll be standing across the ring from the largest arms in the world Jack. Once "Superstar" Billy Graham wraps these twenty four inch pythons around your body and starts to squeeze the life out of you Bobby Backlund, it won't matter if you a little bit crazy, or a whole lot crazy, cause just like all the rest you'll holler Uncle and once again that gold belt will be around the well defined waist of "Superstar" Billy Graham. Count on it Daddy!!

We cut to another shot of Bob Backlund in a disheveled state. His suit jacket is missing, his vest is unbuttoned, his shirt in untucked, and his bow tie is askew. He is staring at the WWF Title and then slowly raises his head to stare wild eyed at the camera.

Bob Backlund: William Graham, your braggadocios nature does not endear you to anyone but the simple minded and the egocentric. A true champion such as myself does not feel the need to constantly trumpet their merits to everyone who will listen. Tonight I add you to the list of men who have tried and failed to usurp my position as the Champion of the World Wrestling Federation. Men like James Snuka. Men like Terry Allen. Tonight you become another name in the record book of the men who think they have what it takes to unseat the single greatest champion in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. So, I beg you, bring your best William Graham, because when all is said and done, you will be laying on the mat clutching your wounded shoulder and wondering where it all went wrong. The answer is the moment you challenged me for this title. It is mine. It Is Mine....IT IS MINE....IT IS MIIINNNEEEE!!!!

We cut back to "Mean" Gene who has a look on his face that says "that man is crazy."

"Mean" Gene: That one is sure to produce some fireworks. Also on tap is the rematch for the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship between The British Bulldogs and The Fantastics. These two teams met in the finals of the tournament to crown the new WWF Tag Team Champions, and it was Bobby "The Brain" Heenan revealing himself as the manager of The British Bulldogs that allowed them to come away with the titles. Now that The Fantastics are prepared to have Heenan at ringside, will they be able to come away with the titles. We will find out this evening.

Also tonight we will see the Seven Foot Four, Five Hundred Pound, Andre The Giant step into the ring against the Five Hundred Pound newcomer, Grizzly Muldoon. Muldoon so far has finished every man he has faced in one on one competition in under a minute. Will he be able to handle Andre the Giant the same way? This announcer doesn't believe so, but we will find out tonight.

Just signed by the office of World Wrestling Federation President Jack Tunney today is more tag team action as we will see The Gunslingers of Scott Casey and Johnny Mantell step into the ring against "Classy" Freddie Blassie's new duo of Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov, The Red Scare. Let's go to comments from them.

We cut to Blassie, Volkoff, and Zhukov in front of a WWF backdrop.

"Classy" Freddie Blassie: Gunslingers, you two stupid cowboys are in for the beatings of your miserable lives tonight. When my two Comrades here take hold of you two pencil necked geeks, they'll have to scrape what's left of you off of their boots!!

Nikolai Volkoff: Comrade Blassie speak the truth! Gunslinger, tonight Comrade Boris and I destroy you in the name of Mother Russia!

Zhukov smiles and nods at the camera as Volkoff rubs his hands together and Blassies lets out a big laugh.

"Mean" Gene: Also tonight Ladies and Gentleman, we are going to see Twenty Men step into the ring at the same time and compete in one of the most dangerous contest in all of professional wrestling, an over the top rope battle royal, and the winner will become the new Intercontinental Champion!

Already announced were Black Bart, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Ken Patera, and Joe Savoldi. I can officially tell you that you will also see "The Candyman" Ray Candy, The Iron Sheik, "Magnificent" Kevin Kelly, David Sammartino, "The Southern Gentleman" Robert Fuller, and this man....Tito Santana!

We cut to Tito Santana in front of the now familiar WWF backdrop

Tito Santana: Tonight, I step into the ring with nineteen other men for a chance to become the new Intercontinental Champion. The odds are definitely stacked against me, but I'll fight until I can't fight anymore and if lady luck is on my side, I will become the new Intercontinental Champion! Arriba!!

"Mean" Gene: Ten other man will be competing in that battle royal tonight, but you'll have to tune in Live too Saturday Night's Main Event to see who they are! For Update, I'm Gene Okerlund!

-Commercial Break-

-Match 5-

"Dr. D" David Schultz defeated S.D. Jones in 5:09 with an Elbow Drop from the Second Rope.

_______________________________________________________________.

Vince McMahon: David Schultz picks up the win against S.D. Jones, but it certainly feels like he was toying with him in there Alfred.

Lord Alfred Hayes: It definitely seems that way to me. Schultz had the man beat just a minute or two into the match, but seemed to be enjoying himself laying a beating on Jones.

Bruno Sammartino: He seems like a loudmouth and a bully.

Vince McMahon: That's for sure Bruno! That will do it for this week on Superstars of Wrestling! Be sure to join us right here next week, and be sure to tune in on NBC tonight for Saturday Night's Main Event!!

After a great build, we're now set for SNME! 

I cant tell you how much I enjoy the promos. You really work magic as you can draw in crowds with just words. Amazing job. 

Muldoon looks unbeatable but now he faces the biggest challenge of his life as he goes one on one with the eight wonder of the world on SNME.

Absolutely loved the Fuller promo and match. Bruno calling him a used car salesman was hilarious. Fuller's southern "charm" will no doubt get some heat with the northern fans.  

LOL new coke. I wonder who came up with that idea? 

HAHAHA Backlund thinks Jerry Allen is Terry Allen! That was brilliant and shows that Backlund is truly NUTS. 

I'm glad Sheik is in single's competition. I think he has so much to offer as a hated heel. 

You've done a great job with the Gunslingers. They win their war with the Tribe and next up is the Red Scare. Red Scare give a scary promo. This will be a solid match up. 

The Backlund/Superstar Graham promos is a perfect example of what I was talking about. Neither man has touched each other yet but their words make their match a must see. 

Shultz puts down SD Jones as the commentators put Shultz's character over.

Cant wait for SNME. There's at least 10 men in the battle royal who could easily walk out IC champ.  

Muldoon better be careful or bring backup!

Bruno calling Fuller a used car salesman was great.

Crazy Bob Backlund again steals the show!  From the attack on Magnum Jerry Allen to his interview about the Superstar.  AWESOME!

SNME is going to be great!   Really interested in the Battle Royal.  As a kid, I would skip over the WWF but now it is Must See TV!