Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/09 - 03/15 Working From Home Edition v1

WingedEagle

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

On one hand I feel bad for Cedric Alexander basically turning into a jobber. Then I remember his wife signing with AEW and her and ACH trying to get him to leave on twitter and I get it why he's where he is. Petty but that's WWE.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Had no idea Big Swole was his wife.

TBH, I don't see him faring any better in AEW.

As good as Cedric is in the ring, he makes Riddick Moss look like a charisma machine with star presence. 

I would honestly bury the fuck out of Cedric Alexander after this if I were Vince and/or booking Raw.

Maturity really should be a major factor in who they go with, and Cedric is proving that it shouldn't be him.

I get being frustrated, but grow up!

46 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

What would even his placement at AEW be?

He'd be fine as a midcard babyface who could work hot openers. I'm sure Rey Fenix and the likes would do great work with him. Maybe a feud with Sammy Guevara. He might be the sort of guy they pick up to help fill out time when they have that other hour of TV, but I couldn't imagine him being a priority for AEW. Being at such a low ebb in WWE doesn't help because immediately signing him would give off a LOLTNA vibe.

6 minutes ago, Mrzfn said:

I'm indifferent towards Cedric but one advantage he would have is that he was considered a very hot prospect at one time. Wasn't he the one that Triple H came out personally to sign after his Cruiserweight Classic match?

He was indeed that one that Hunter came out and gave the Thumbs Up too while the crowd chanted "Please Sign Cedric"

He would definitely be a better use of AEW funds than Jimmy Havoc or Dr. Luther

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

I think he's one who would benefit from being in NXT. His style is perfect fit for that place, and he would be able to work on his biggest weakness, his charisma.

Plus he had The Hunter Endorsement. It's a story you could take to so many places.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'm surprised he hasn't requested a move to NXT.

Maybe he's afraid he'll be shoehorned back into the CW division? Which, to be honest, is probably exactly what would happen.

Plus, who knows if Hunter is still high on him. After Cedric's bursts of immaturity, I wouldn't be. 

Wasn't sure if this should be its own thread, but I'm really wondering how the coronavirus panic is going to impact WrestleMania.

Here in northeast Ohio, there are 3 confirmed cases and there are colleges who are extending spring break, shutting down classes, the Bernie Sanders rally was cancelled, MAC conference games are getting played in empty arenas - - - and most are expecting the virus to spread even more over the next few weeks.

Knowing that Mania is also a big tourist destination, one has to be wondering exactly how many pounds of shit is Vince emptying into his pants right now. I can see him wanting to hold the event no matter what (as we know "the show must go on" with him),  but at a certain point, it might not be up to him. The panic around this virus is huge, there's also a not-so-healthy sense of xenophobia attached to it, and events like these are getting cancelled left and right (SXSW, for example).

I think they have another couple of weeks to let things play out there. I think the public pressure is where it's going to be bad for them because the media has really gone full blown panic mode over this. It might die down a bit if something else diverts people's attention.

31 minutes ago, DMJ said:

Wasn't sure if this should be its own thread, but I'm really wondering how the coronavirus panic is going to impact WrestleMania.

Here in northeast Ohio, there are 3 confirmed cases and there are colleges who are extending spring break, shutting down classes, the Bernie Sanders rally was cancelled, MAC conference games are getting played in empty arenas - - - and most are expecting the virus to spread even more over the next few weeks.

Knowing that Mania is also a big tourist destination, one has to be wondering exactly how many pounds of shit is Vince emptying into his pants right now. I can see him wanting to hold the event no matter what (as we know "the show must go on" with him),  but at a certain point, it might not be up to him. The panic around this virus is huge, there's also a not-so-healthy sense of xenophobia attached to it, and events like these are getting cancelled left and right (SXSW, for example).

The Herald Tribune is tracking daily all the cases in Florida. Looking at the map, if you zoom in on the card at the bottom of the page, there's nothing close to Orlando and 1 case in the county next to Tampa but nothing that would threaten Wrestlemania so far.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20200309/coronavirus-florida-confirmed-cases-and-where-they-are-located

I think they have another couple of weeks to let things play out there. I think the public pressure is where it's going to be bad for them because the media has really gone full blown panic mode over this. It might die down a bit if something else diverts people's attention.

Right now, the panic mostly comes at what's happening in Italy and everyone assumes that it will eventually become exactly like Italy in a matter of days and weeks. This is where fearmongering isn't helping. You have to deal with this on a case-by-case situation. Following the guidelines for good hygiene and everything is key. I'd be exceptionally stunned if Wrestlemania gets cancelled since Vince will have to be dragged kicking and screaming before that ever happens. The one thing I could see happen is seeing much less international fans making the trip this year and more local attending, if Florida doesn't ban gatherings until then.

22 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

There was a run on toilet paper here over the weekend. I have no idea why. 

Because of course logically when there's a communicable disease on the loose, the first thing you want to do is go to a crowded store full of items everyone's had their fingers on.

At this point I'm fairly certain coronavirus is just Darwinism leveled up. 

At least it made sense when I went to restock my hand santizer dispenser and all 8 billion sellers on Amazon were out of stock, I have no idea what TP is supposed to do to prevent you from getting sick. 

10 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

There was a run on toilet paper here over the weekend. I have no idea why. 

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Because of course logically when there's a communicable disease on the loose, the first thing you want to do is go to a crowded store full of items everyone's had their fingers on.

At this point I'm fairly certain coronavirus is just Darwinism leveled up. 

At least it made sense when I went to restock my hand santizer dispenser and all 8 billion sellers on Amazon were out of stock, I have no idea what TP is supposed to do to prevent you from getting sick. 

It's the same as the reaction of everyone running out to buy up all the milk and bread when there is a threat of snow. You don't need the toilet paper, but you might need the toilet paper.

The hand sanitizer is a whole different story. My wife is immune compromised, so she uses the stuff multiple times daily as part of the many things she does to protect herself, and now every idiot under the sun is hoarding it, and we can't find a fucking drop of it.

Expect bottled water, canned food, and boxed food to disappear off the shelves next if this gets worse.

and to get back to wrestling. I fully expect them to postpone WrestleMania at this point, unless they want to run it in front of an empty arena.