Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/09 - 03/15 Working From Home Edition v1

WingedEagle

15 hours ago, SirEdger said:

The one thing I could see happen is seeing much less international fans making the trip this year and more local attending, if Florida doesn't ban gatherings until then.

Wrestlemania held in a stadium full of Florida Men might get me to re-up my network subscription.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week from now when the extent of cases becomes apparent I think we will have a better handle of how this outbreak will play out, what effect it has on the health care system, etc. I kind of think this decision will be made for WWE one way or another. 

34 minutes ago, Log said:

Wrestlemania held in a stadium full of Florida Men might get me to re-up my network subscription.

If it leads to more old-fashioned heat and fewer people tuckering out like kids at the end of a theme park weekend they couldn't pace themselves through, all the better.

3 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

If it leads to more old-fashioned heat and fewer people tuckering out like kids at the end of a theme park weekend they couldn't pace themselves through, all the better.

It'd mostly be dudes wildin' out on bath salts and all manner of illegal pets running wild.

Again, I'd re-up my subscription for that.

7 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

That's definitely an odd take. I understand that the audience isn't forced to attend the death march that Mania has become, but if you need to "pace yourself" to get through a pro-wrestling show, maybe the show itself is too long. 

And I say this as a massive Guided By Voices fan who gladly attends their 3-hour, 60-70 song shows with a huge grin on my face and a beer in my hand at all times. 

THIS BRAWL IS NUTS!

And Johnny Wrestling is absolutely right - Tomasso Ciampa is a complete piece of shit as a human being (in-character). 

BTW, I fully expect to get online tomorrow and hear that WM was cancelled, postponed, or is now an empty arena show.

3 hours ago, DMJ said:

That's definitely an odd take. I understand that the audience isn't forced to attend the death march that Mania has become, but if you need to "pace yourself" to get through a pro-wrestling show, maybe the show itself is too long. 

And I say this as a massive Guided By Voices fan who gladly attends their 3-hour, 60-70 song shows with a huge grin on my face and a beer in my hand at all times. 

It's about the entire weekend. Since Mania became a magnet for satellite shows and the most rabid of those fans started dominating the seats most visible on camera, the heat dies halfway through Mania, because those fans have seen 37 hours of wrestling in 3 days. And half of them are also jet-lagged.

Look I'll just say that our moronic president might also test positive for Coronga Virus AND we'll haev an anti Congress, pro-Bolso rally in three days. We're fucked.

How does this relate to wrestling? I dunno. Enjoy the plague, fuckers. Stay safe. Drink tons of water, wash your hands every other moment and don't share things with others (unless it's personal feelings, sharing those usually help!)

30 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Sounds like the NHL is considering. I know Ohio is about to start banning large gatherings.

They may have to, three teams that share facilities with teams that play in the NHL had games against the Jazz (who had a player test positive today).

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

WWE announced Smackdown will take place a the PC instead of Detroit this week. 

So despite the local news reporting this, WWE is claiming the show is still on and the PC is just their backup plan if things get worse.

You've got billion dollar sports entities either playing in front of empty seats or taking a time out until things calm down, it's going to be some real bad optics if the rasslin' keeps on keeping on in all of those. 

At this point, I'm predicting that they will move the show into May or June. By doing so, they can do what other major festivals are doing and deny refunds as your ticket will be good for the future date. I assume (could be wrong) hat this is what the airlines are doing as well, which will allow international and fans from out of state to make it to the show. Flat-out cancelling doesn't seem like likely and, if they move it to the PC, I'm guessing they'd have to refund all the tickets. 

Obviously, people are still going to have to reschedule their lives to make it and I don't know about the availability of the stadium, but I would again assume that Tampa sees Mania as a top priority considering it brought in an estimated $165 million to New Jersey last year. 

We were supposed to have Lollapalooza over here in Brazil in just a few weeks. Dunno if that's going to happen. Maybe it'll be postponed?

Our currency is devaluating more than Cedric Alexander. I made some quick math operations and I make around 400 dollars per month. Fuck this shit.

Suck my dick Bolsonaro.