Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/16 - 03/22 This is the rhythm of the night virus

KawadaSmile

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I couldn't of timed the sale of our condo in the city and move to her family farm two months ago any better. We also spent a month in Europe (during which time we were on a cruise and visited Spain, France and Italy) but got back Feb 26 and just missed the craziness. I've been self isolating since March 1, but that's because I have no job to go to nor the means to get into town on my own. I previously worked in grocery stores in Vancouver for eight years, so that's another thing I've luckily missed out on. I really feel for those having to work there, especially those in large cities who rely on public transit, as I did. It's going to be a long few months. Who knows how long, really

Today is the first day of a lax curfew over here (Austria). I prepared as well as possible to start with home office tomorrow.

Actually, two people of my group or currently under quarantine. One was skiing in a resort that is now a Corona red zone a week ago and the other ten days ago had contact to someone who eventually tested positive for Corona.

Currently, my state has got 72 confirmed cases (in approx. 400k people), though there are something like 450 open cases, where test results are not yet in. Though there geographically close regions, that are much harder effected (Lombardy for example, maybe a three hour drive away, yesterday had something like 13k cases in a population of 10 Million; but looking at the death rate they have, the real numbers are higher by probably a factor of 10).

Things are not even close to be that bad here in Quebec (50 cases, no deaths but 386 cases total in Canada with 4 deaths) and we've already taken all the measures taken in Europe (bans on gatherings, schools & offices closed for 2 weeks and now, closed borders to any foreigners except the US - go figure...) and I'm stressed out over all this.

I'm a strength and conditioning coach and I work in football (or soccer, if you like). We got an email from the Scottish Football Association earlier that everything right down to training is shut down for the foreseeable. And that was before the government statement that we're basically in lockdown. I have no idea how I'm supposed to contain myself for several weeks. Maybe I'll watch some wrestling. 

I'm in the worst part of the state for this (at least so far) - tons of new cases by the day - so I'm already self-isolating for the sake of my elderly parents and siblings with health issues. Let's all hang in there, stay safe, and concentrate on what really matters - like arguing about Mauro Ranallo. :) 

In the last week, my company has gone from "we're monitoring the situation", to "we're sending home everyone not an outside tech, in store rep, and call center worker (which is what my job is)", to "we're probably going to send as many call center people home as possible, but we'll pay you more if you're willing to still come in to the office". 

I'm lucky to have as much time in with the company as I do so that I have tons of vacation time available to be able to stay at home and not lose pay. Hopefully they make the call soon that I can work from home so I don't have to spend it all, but it's heartbreaking to think of the folks who don't have that luxury.4

Until shit gets settled, lets all just try to enjoy our new era of weird no audience rasslin.

1 hour ago, KB8 said:

I'm a strength and conditioning coach and I work in football (or soccer, if you like). We got an email from the Scottish Football Association earlier that everything right down to training is shut down for the foreseeable. And that was before the government statement that we're basically in lockdown. I have no idea how I'm supposed to contain myself for several weeks. Maybe I'll watch some wrestling. 

Borderlands 3 just hit Steam. 

Wow, that's going to be weird for sure. I suppose Tampa couldn't guarantee that the stadium would be available for any dates in the future (the NFL will start back up at some point and the Buccaneers would have priority), but yeah this seems like the oddest choice possible.

Yeah, I don't get it. I get postponing. I get cancelling. I don't get holding fake sports for no audience.

With other sports, I can understand holding the competition because a competition doesn't require spectators (I worked the ticket booth at enough middle school basketball games to know that attendance doesn't matter) - but a fake wrestling match? I just don't see the point. 

Another thing I don't get - the questions regarding how they will extend storylines or "write around" WrestleMania. Umm...we saw them extend Baron Corbin/Roman Reigns for at least 12 weeks past its expiration date. The WWE has been operating with "hamster wheel booking" for years now. Kevin Owens had two separate feuds with Shane McMahon in a 2-year span that were unrelated. Can you name a main roster guy that is more over in 2020 than he was in 2017? In fact, some guys are less over now than they were when they were in NXT. So, yeah, I don't understand the concern about them having to recycle stories or "slow things down" or come up with "side feuds"...their main feuds feels like side feuds and they haven't had anyone with any sort of real momentum since Daniel Bryan in 2014. The hamster wheel was going to keep spinning with or without Mania. Drew McIntyre's meteoric rise won't be affected because, surprise, there was no meteoric rise to begin with. He was just a guy positioned to beat Lesnar the same way Rollins was and, as much as I hate to say it, was/is less over than Rollins was a year ago.