Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/16 - 03/22 This is the rhythm of the night virus

KawadaSmile

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a perfect world, I wish they would postpone it. Although with everything that I've been looking forward to in March/April being understandably cancelled,  this something I can at least look forward to. It's going to be crazy to see Lesnar and Goldberg wrestling in the PC. 

8 minutes ago, cactus said:

It's going to be crazy to see Lesnar and Goldberg wrestling in the PC. 

Knowing that Vince will be paying those two seven figures to wrestle in front of empty chairs at the PC will make it all worthwhile. It will be interesting for them to explain to shareholders that they couldn't just delay it a couple of months. 

Just now, NintendoLogic said:

Yeah, what kind of sicko would enjoy sticking it to the company that nearly killed him through medical negligence and then fired him on his wedding day? But thank you for preventing us from losing sight of the fact that Roman Reigns is the real victim here.

If only there was another way of criticising the company that didn't involve shouting out a dude who had crazy fans doubt his leukemia... But I guess that's not possible.

I wonder if there’s a bait and switch going on regarding Wrestlemania at the performance center. Two hours in and there hasn’t been any actual physical contact. The only sensible reason to have the show at the performance center is to give them leverage in negotiations.

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

I suppose doing this way was the best possible way to punish all the indy groups who had the gall to run on WM weekend, since they're all on the hook for losses considering the city didn't shut Mania down. 

I see this as more of a crazy Vince thinking that running Mania while everyone is quarentined will add to his legacy of never stopping and "putting smiles on people's faces". The PR stunts and WWE narrative that's gonna come out of this will be post 9/11 all over again.

8 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I see this as more of a crazy Vince thinking that running Mania while everyone is quarentined will add to his legacy of never stopping and "putting smiles on people's faces". The PR stunts and WWE narrative that's gonna come out of this will be post 9/11 all over again.

My god imagine the ads.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So we are going to ignore that Seth Rollins was in the performance center.   That he was actually the first ever NXT champion?  Still a damn good promo as usual from Kevin Owens setting up him match

Rollins was an FCW/Tampa trainee, the PC opened up after he was on the main roster.  Technically he was the first NXT champ and was around for the first few months of the switch from FCW to NXT, that is true, but it wasn't close to what it is now.

And hey, maybe Rollins will bring that up in his retort

I didn't watch the show because the idea of them even doing first run right now is too weird to me.  This whole situation is one of the craziest I'll ever live through, and I lived in NYC on 9/11 and had my college campus evacuating buildings due to anthrax scares in the months after.  I cannot believe they're doing freakin' WM at the PC....this isn't even comparable to potential terror threats at sporting events post-9/11

Whoever said this is Vince McMahon's "THE SHOW MUST GO ON DAMMIT" massive ego taking over is 100% right.  I really thought they'd delay the event, put the builds on hold for the matches with the part timers, and rebook the rest of it.  This choice seems really stupid. 

I hope they at least have a crowd of employees/other wrestlers for WM because an empty arena "super bowl of wrestling" just isn't getting me excited

I'm sure I'll eventually tire from these empty arena shows, but I've enjoyed the two they've done so far. The promos feel nowhere near as forced as compared to when they do them to a live audience. The Edge & AJ/Undertaker were particularity great. The Austin segment was fun yet ultimately pointless. I wasn't too into whatever Asuka was doing. 

I do wonder if they are going to start taping these shows in advance. Have the roster travel every week seems like an unnecessary risk and I can't imagine it would take more than a few days to record all the TV taking them up to WM if they continue in the current format.