flyonthewall2983

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I think this is Vince just buying a little more time before having to announce "Well, I tried to put smiles on people's faces, but the God damn state of Florida wont let me", and being forced to cancel/postpone

How can the state make him cancel a show in an empty building that he owns?

21 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I honestly don't know but will the fact that it's pretty impossible to make a show like Mania with less than 50 people possibly play a factor?

But those limits are meant for audiences in close proximity to each other. That wouldn't be the case with wrestlers, crew, etc. Easy enough to spread them out. 

With that said, I personally think WWE still needs to tighten up a whole lot more than they are - for example: Kevin Owens taking the mic from Charly Caruso (or whoever it was) last night, people sharing mics, etc. 

Yeah, I was thinking you still need to have probably more than 50 people, counting the wrestlers and all the production staff, to put on the show. So shouldn't that technically not be allowed? 

Plus, do we really want to see Mania this way, with no audience? It's been bad enough the last several years in packed football stadiums

53 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Plus, do we really want to see Mania this way, with no audience? It's been bad enough the last several years in packed football stadiums

As an unprecedented one of a kind event, sure, I am definitely interested in seeing Mania this way.

More than once? No.

Seven hours in an empty building? No. So hopefully the rumors are true about it being a 2-3 hour show now. (I'll believe it when I see it.)

Also, I kinda hope they figure out a way to dress up the Performance Center. The flashing laser lights they've been using on Raw and Smackdown remind me of a '90s school picture - so, so cheap, tacky, and indie. 

16 hours ago, ragemaster said:

Just thinking, what about green screen around the ring with a crowd CGI'D onto it, with crowd noise playing to give the matches atmosphere.

Or if any country's are still able to show it in bars like maybe Australia, show the fans reactions on the screens around the ring for atmosphere.  

Didn't an old territory actually do something like that? 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

IIRC one of the AWA videos on the network has a hilariously green-screened audience. 

Yes! That was the one. It's sadly a vanguardist idea, much like Soylent Green.

Also Brazil is fucked. Might be THE most fucked country in the planet. Like, other places have had their catastrophes, but those in power took the right action at some point. It's very different here. President might be infected and lying about test results (everyone around him is, except him) and our Health Minister gave wrong information about the COVID-19 Spread.

As someone who has only watched a couple minutes here or there of the crowdless, Performance Center shows, I still think this is all just a bad idea.

That being said, I do think the WWE can mitigate things a bit and this is a step in the right direction. There is an undeniable novelty to the shows from the PC. If there wasn't, websites like Vulture wouldn't have covered it. It is different and bizarre and like pizza with hotdogs baked into the crust, there's a group of people out there who are going to want to try one slice.

If I were the WWE, I'd trim this show down to 2 hours on 2 nights - maybe 5 matches total, if that. I know, I know, 2 hours is alot of time for 3 matches - but that's where you get creative and fill some of the time with video packages, interviews, and other randomness. Maybe pre-tape some sort of really convoluted, over-the-top 24/7 title thing where we see the title change hands three dozen times, almost like a live-action MC Escher painting with all sorts of production tricks. 

Its going to be hard enough to make Goldberg/Reigns or Lesnar/McIntyre feel like a big deal in the PC, why make things harder by making it the 4th or 5th match on a 3-hour show on Night 2? The WWE should be trying to keep the novelty of these matches as special and unique as possible and the first step to do that is to limit the number of matches.