Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 36

flyonthewall2983

I mean, you can't say Lashley's stuff didn't all look really good. That's the same takeaway I had as a casual watching his match with Balor whenever that was (last Mania, I don't even know?). But a crowd would have been just as silent as the empty seats were on this one.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the "ashamed to admit it" files, Michael Cole and JBL each had a good line during this. Cole popped JBL so hard with the "someone married YOU" routine that you could hear JBL frowning while he mumbled a joke-book reply. Then JBL described Otis as "Ivan Putski if he ate Bam Bam Bigelow."

Caught up on Flair vs Ripley. I don't think it was as good as Becky vs Shayna for this setting just because I think the quick strike sprint intensity there worked better with the lack of crowd. Here they worked it more into the animosity and the trash talking. I think the trash talking was a good solution to the lack of a crowd (and a lot of different matches have tried different things, which I really appreciate) but I'm not sure if it worked in execution all the time. It did some of the time and that's probably enough, though. Some great spots. I loved the kick cutoff on Charlotte's flip up and over in the corner, and the mare from the apron out was nice. Charlotte can work over a leg (The forearm/chop block was especially good) and Ripley's selling was exactly what it should have been. I particularly liked her roll over writhing sell after the belly to back pancake and when she was actually landing kicks or the short clothesline on her initial comeback. There are a lot of wrestlers twenty years ago that wouldn't care enough to sell like that on a comeback. I thought it went a little long in the stretch maybe, and knowing the response hurt it a little.

Otis vs. Ziggler was FUN.

I'll take this over inconsequential throwaways like Lashley vs. Black any day, or even "good rasslin' matches" like Charlotte vs. Rhea where the outcome was never, ever in doubt, not even for a split second. 

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Otis vs. Ziggler was FUN.

I'll take this over inconsequential throwaways like Lashley vs. Black any day, or even "good rasslin' matches" like Charlotte vs. Rhea where the outcome was never, ever in doubt, not even for a split second. 

Yeah, even if you aren't a fan of the Otis storyline, it at least has purpose. Thought the ending was sweet as far as wrestling romance angles go. 

I have high hopes for Orton/Edge.

Ziggler's biggest problem as a heel is that he can't compellingly control when he's on top. The contrast was better than usual in that regard, I guess. Yeah, this was fine. At least there was a story and some emotion behind it. I bet more people watching this now will remember this one decades from now than Lashley vs Black.