flyonthewall2983

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Slasher said:

Sonya Deville was there because she is part of the story. The fact she bothered to get involved with the texting shows she has some investment in the storyline, for whatever reason.

My theory - Sonya wants Mandy, so she set her up with Ziggler, because Ziggler is the kind of guy who makes women go "I think I'm done with men." That's the only logical way to explain it.

8 hours ago, Migs said:

My theory - Sonya wants Mandy, so she set her up with Ziggler, because Ziggler is the kind of guy who makes women go "I think I'm done with men." That's the only logical way to explain it.

Yeah I am pretty sure we are meant to think that about Sonya. It is just that I don't trust the WWE to handle that kind of storyline with any thought or consideration for the audience who might share Sonya's sexual orientation.

I was hoping they'd include that in some way, but doubted it. Last season on Total Divas, they talked about how Sonya and Mandy were supposed to begin a lesbian relationship/storyline at WrestleMania last year but it got nixed last minute, and she kept getting told "we'll come back to it" but it just got forgotten and moved on from. 

Seems like a lot of the local news outlets are asking why WWE was deemed essential, and so far all they've got in response is a lot of shrugs in response. I saw one station even asking questions about political favors being cashed in, so perhaps they aren't going to get out of this totally scot free. 

AEW should try running shows and see what DeSantis says about that. If they get shut down, then the shady nature of this decision would stick out even more. And if they don't, well then AEW can get going as well. Not that I am encouraging them to run shows during the pandemic, but it would definitely force someone's hand here.

You would think AEW would have more pull considering their owner also has an NFL team,  so them not trying to run a show would speak volumes at how flagrant it is that WWE is allowed to. One of the reporters indicated that this ruling means the Orlando Magic could run scrimmages now and they aren't either. 

Apparently according to a sports site, ALL pro sports was declared essential in the state of Florida. So yeah, AEW could run shows, I guess.

edit: Obviously the FL pro sports teams would wait til their leagues resume operations first before they do anything. So only the independent groups like wrestling companies are in position to take advantage of this.

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

Apparently according to a sports site, ALL pro sports was declared essential in the state of Florida. So yeah, AEW could run shows, I guess.

edit: Obviously the FL pro sports teams would wait til their leagues resume operations first before they do anything. So only the independent groups like wrestling companies are in position to take advantage of this.

I guess NASCAR could too?

2 hours ago, Slasher said:

Car racing isn't a sport :ph34r:

This is one of my favorite topics: things in the Sports section that are in no way sports. I'll keep this brief, given it's Pro Wrestling Only. The following are NOT sports : motor racing, horse racing, golf, surfing, skating, boxing, MMA, gymnastics, foot races, darts, snooker, lawn bowls, archery, shooting, skiing, snowboarding, cockfighting, trampolining, weightlifting, sailing, diving, luge, BMX, fishing, and many more. I'd be happy to explain in an appropriate forum.

Pro-wrestling, of course, is the King of Sports B)

Personally, I see anything with a set scoring system as a sport. So, golf, for example, is a sport. You count a golfers strokes and the one with the least wins. Anything that is judged is an athletic exhibition. Figure skating or gymnastics for example. Under my totally self-imposed rules, NASCAR is a sport. The driver who crosses the finish line first is the winner. 

Pro wrestling is probably closer to the athletic exhibition side, but it’s not really. Boxing and MMA are difficult because while an athlete can win by set rules (KO, TKO, etc), there are also judges. 

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

To me, a sport is a competition based activity that requires some level of physical ability or athletic skills. Golf counts because you are applying physical force swinging the club, and having to do it in a skillful way. Racing is not that.

I once went Go Kart racing and could barely move for one week after that. Also, for example during Formula One races, the racers lose I don't know how many liters of water in sweat (and not just due to heat).

26 minutes ago, Robert S said:

I once went Go Kart racing and could barely move for one week after that. Also, for example during Formula One races, the racers lose I don't know how many liters of water in sweat (and not just due to heat).

It is because of the heat though. Look at what those guys are wearing while racing. Can't imagine that being comfortable for them when the car heats up on a summer day. It's practically like they're high school wrestlers dressed in heavy sweats to sweat out the water weight. 

As for the physical toll, I'd guess that is more due to the natural human reaction of clenching their bodies/muscles while bracing yourself on the turns and when passing other cars.