Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 36

flyonthewall2983

After seeing that NXT match having the spot where everyone lies down to get the crowd to chant "This is Awesome!" I can't WAIT for guys to absolutely bust their asses with crazy spots because it's Mania to get zero response. What a ridiculous idea this is.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given the betting odds online and the fact that they've supposedly filmed multiple finishes, it's almost certain that, as we speak, footage of Rob Gronkowski winning the Universal title exists. Whether it ever makes air is a different story but still.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

Given the betting odds online and the fact that they've supposedly filmed multiple finishes, it's almost certain that, as we speak, footage of Rob Gronkowski winning the Universal title exists. Whether it ever makes air is a different story but still.

Oh good. They'll have footage when they bring hidden gems back in ten years.

Regardless of this Mania not really feeling like Mania, 'cause of, well just about everything, I'm still looking forward to watching the shows. Wrestling is what has kept me entertained staying home these past few weeks.

Also pretty bumped for Bryan vs. Zayn. Those two have always had excellent chemistry with each other. Very excited at the possibility of finally getting that Bryan IC title run too.

I would be stunned if the first match today isn't a World Title match.  But not sure which one though.  You have Brock who you know wants to get the fuck out of this situation as possible or you have Goldberg vs Braun where you know the WWE wants this whole nightmare situation with Reigns to be over with

Watching wrestlers on Twitter acting like how special today is even though everything has already been finished is some good and funny bringing back of kayfabe.  Although people like Charlotte talking about having watch party on Instagram of their match completely washes that away

7 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to give in to FOMO and renew my Network subscription so I can watch this shitshow in real time even though I know it's far more likely to suck in a boring way than be the entertaining trainwreck we're all hoping for.

Samesies. What time does it start? Do we know how many hours each night?

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I would be stunned if the first match today isn't a World Title match.  But not sure which one though.  You have Brock who you know wants to get the fuck out of this situation as possible or you have Goldberg vs Braun where you know the WWE wants this whole nightmare situation with Reigns to be over with

Watching wrestlers on Twitter acting like how special today is even though everything has already been finished is some good and funny bringing back of kayfabe.  Although people like Charlotte talking about having watch party on Instagram of their match completely washes that away

There's no reason that they couldn't have let Brock tape his match first and still edit it to be shown last on either day.

I have had zero interest in seeing this show up to now. My interest has at a huge low even before they got bumped from the stadium. But I can't lie. I'm very tempted to watch for the trainwreck quality. I hope they lean in and go completely crazy because at least it'll be fun online. I want CGI and sound effects in every match.

Confusion about the start time and there being multiple methods of watching it might prove to be a hinderance. It's on FOX, Fite TV and the WWE Network seemingly at three different price points. If I'm a casual/curiosity viewer, I could imagine being confused and not bothering.

And now the Miz is officially out of the ladder match  

I don't know how true this is but I thought I heard that all of the matches for WM was taped in the middle of the night at the Performance Center.  Don't know how unless they literally taped the entire week in 2 days instead of the 3 or 4 that people think

3 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

Boredom and curiosity will probably make this one of the most-viewed Manias of all time, which is another reason Vince wouldn't give up the ghost. People are starving for anything right now.

I'm not sure. Boredom and curiosity have not helped RAW's ratings, which have been in the all-time low area and, unless you're already a Network subscriber or don't know how to subscribe and get your free month, you'd be paying a considerable sum of money to see this at a time when many Americans are wondering how they're going to pay their bills. Also, like the Rumble, many people watch WrestleMania as a group and turn it into a bit of a party. With people not doing that (hopefully), I just don't see this show getting too many eyeballs.

Would really recommend watching the WWE Chronicle with Drew McIntyre.  Probably the only time for many many years that we hear some talk about he is dealing with this particular because of the virus. Especially the guy who was supposed to be in a main event match.   Hell this might be the first ever time they actually mentioned the coronavirus.  .  

Despite everything I'm still looking forward to this. There's not much to look forward to nowadays, so even a train wreck Wrestlemania in front of nobody is better than nothing. 

I still think doing a triple threat for the Tag titles is mind numbingly stupid, mind. 

10 minutes ago, C.S. said:

WWE Network is such a piece of shit. It signed me out of most of my devices, right before WrestleMania. Thankfully I had no problems getting back in.

Same for me, on PS4 the "Continue Watching" bar is also gone (I can still access it via my profile, but still).

That pre-show has being going on for 25 minutes and I already feel like I have been watching a 4 hour show.