Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
flyonthewall2983

WrestleMania 36

Recommended Posts

After seeing that NXT match having the spot where everyone lies down to get the crowd to chant "This is Awesome!" I can't WAIT for guys to absolutely bust their asses with crazy spots because it's Mania to get zero response. What a ridiculous idea this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the betting odds online and the fact that they've supposedly filmed multiple finishes, it's almost certain that, as we speak, footage of Rob Gronkowski winning the Universal title exists. Whether it ever makes air is a different story but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FMKK said:

Given the betting odds online and the fact that they've supposedly filmed multiple finishes, it's almost certain that, as we speak, footage of Rob Gronkowski winning the Universal title exists. Whether it ever makes air is a different story but still.

Oh good. They'll have footage when they bring hidden gems back in ten years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a scale of 1-10, how gag-inducing will the overly-dramatic montage that will surely open Wrestlemania this year be? 
 

I’m saying 12. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of this Mania not really feeling like Mania, 'cause of, well just about everything, I'm still looking forward to watching the shows. Wrestling is what has kept me entertained staying home these past few weeks.

Also pretty bumped for Bryan vs. Zayn. Those two have always had excellent chemistry with each other. Very excited at the possibility of finally getting that Bryan IC title run too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be stunned if the first match today isn't a World Title match.  But not sure which one though.  You have Brock who you know wants to get the fuck out of this situation as possible or you have Goldberg vs Braun where you know the WWE wants this whole nightmare situation with Reigns to be over with

Watching wrestlers on Twitter acting like how special today is even though everything has already been finished is some good and funny bringing back of kayfabe.  Although people like Charlotte talking about having watch party on Instagram of their match completely washes that away

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to give in to FOMO and renew my Network subscription so I can watch this shitshow in real time even though I know it's far more likely to suck in a boring way than be the entertaining trainwreck we're all hoping for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to give in to FOMO and renew my Network subscription so I can watch this shitshow in real time even though I know it's far more likely to suck in a boring way than be the entertaining trainwreck we're all hoping for.

Samesies. What time does it start? Do we know how many hours each night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be the first Mania I will not watch at least part of live since 2006 and I'm totally fine with that. I wasn't going to watch even before the world went sideways. The last few Mania's left me hating WWE so I finally had enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be pre-show match today and tomorrow.  It will be Cesaro vs Drew Gulak and Liv Morgan vs Natalya.   The first one makes perfect sense and should be a hell of a match.  The 2nd one seems stupid.  Where is Ruby Riott?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I would be stunned if the first match today isn't a World Title match.  But not sure which one though.  You have Brock who you know wants to get the fuck out of this situation as possible or you have Goldberg vs Braun where you know the WWE wants this whole nightmare situation with Reigns to be over with

Watching wrestlers on Twitter acting like how special today is even though everything has already been finished is some good and funny bringing back of kayfabe.  Although people like Charlotte talking about having watch party on Instagram of their match completely washes that away

 

There's no reason that they couldn't have let Brock tape his match first and still edit it to be shown last on either day.

I have had zero interest in seeing this show up to now. My interest has at a huge low even before they got bumped from the stadium. But I can't lie. I'm very tempted to watch for the trainwreck quality. I hope they lean in and go completely crazy because at least it'll be fun online. I want CGI and sound effects in every match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boredom and curiosity will probably make this one of the most-viewed Manias of all time, which is another reason Vince wouldn't give up the ghost. People are starving for anything right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confusion about the start time and there being multiple methods of watching it might prove to be a hinderance. It's on FOX, Fite TV and the WWE Network seemingly at three different price points. If I'm a casual/curiosity viewer, I could imagine being confused and not bothering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now the Miz is officially out of the ladder match  

I don't know how true this is but I thought I heard that all of the matches for WM was taped in the middle of the night at the Performance Center.  Don't know how unless they literally taped the entire week in 2 days instead of the 3 or 4 that people think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

Boredom and curiosity will probably make this one of the most-viewed Manias of all time, which is another reason Vince wouldn't give up the ghost. People are starving for anything right now.

I'm not sure. Boredom and curiosity have not helped RAW's ratings, which have been in the all-time low area and, unless you're already a Network subscriber or don't know how to subscribe and get your free month, you'd be paying a considerable sum of money to see this at a time when many Americans are wondering how they're going to pay their bills. Also, like the Rumble, many people watch WrestleMania as a group and turn it into a bit of a party. With people not doing that (hopefully), I just don't see this show getting too many eyeballs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would really recommend watching the WWE Chronicle with Drew McIntyre.  Probably the only time for many many years that we hear some talk about he is dealing with this particular because of the virus. Especially the guy who was supposed to be in a main event match.   Hell this might be the first ever time they actually mentioned the coronavirus.  .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite everything I'm still looking forward to this. There's not much to look forward to nowadays, so even a train wreck Wrestlemania in front of nobody is better than nothing. 

I still think doing a triple threat for the Tag titles is mind numbingly stupid, mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The matches tonight are 

-Boneyard Match -

Zayn vs. Bryan -

Morrison vs. Kofi vs. Jimmy Uso

-Elias vs. Corbin -

Kabuki Warriors vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross -

Lynch vs. Baszler -

Goldberg vs. Strowman -

Owens vs. Rollins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE Network is such a piece of shit. It signed me out of most of my devices, right before WrestleMania. Thankfully I had no problems getting back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, C.S. said:

WWE Network is such a piece of shit. It signed me out of most of my devices, right before WrestleMania. Thankfully I had no problems getting back in.

Same for me, on PS4 the "Continue Watching" bar is also gone (I can still access it via my profile, but still).

That pre-show has being going on for 25 minutes and I already feel like I have been watching a 4 hour show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×