Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MLD1083

PWO Appreciation Thread

I know that I certainly wouldn't spend nearly as much time as I do comparing everything to Volk Han if it weren't for this board.

Seriously though, this place is awesome, and I've learned a ton just browsing old topics on this forum. Had a ton of fun fantasy booking in the Arm Chair booking forum, and enjoyed the occasional back and forth in the WWE and AEW forums. This is pretty much the only place I interact with wrestling fans on the internet, because...well...you know!

I love this place. Don't post much because of life and work but I love coming here and reading when I have some free time. I enjoyed the heck out of the 1983 project before my job got in the way of everything. I have definitely met some cool people and enjoy several things that have come out of this place including podcasts. All the best to all of you. 

I remember back when this place started back in 2005 (holy fuck, it's been 15 years) and I'm quite glad it's still around and doing well. It was nice to have a change of pace from the incredibly toxic environments that were seemingly everywhere back then. And now it's great to have a place where, regardless of our preferences/opinions, the people are generally knowledgeable about various areas of pro-wrestling history. It makes for some interesting and refreshing discussions that can't seem to be found much elsewhere.

I've been a wrestling forum lurker for the better part of the last 17 years and lifelong fan for 25+ years. The laid back, interesting (French catch anyone?) and knowledgeable atmosphere has inspired me to write my first match reviews since everyone has lots of free time this days. I always tought reviewing would detract from my overall enjoyment, mainly from bad experiences somewhere else (I distincly remember explaining how I genrally didn't like The Briscoes right after their awesome match with Kotaro & Ricky Marvin, and a quickly escalating argument ensuing) but it's been the complete opposite. I can honestly say that this place refreshed my interest in pro wres in most of it's forms.

I love this board for the simple reason that it made me re-evaluate what it was that made me fall in love with wrestling. Congrats to all, especially Loss and Goodhelmet, the latter of which hooked me up with ROH comps back in 2003 that really sent me down the indie path.