Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 25th March 2020

Stiva

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Omega on commentary. I am not a big fan of the guy, and I expected his commentary to be the equivalent of all the wild gesturing he does in the ring, but he pretty much called it straight if not slightly biased for his friend.

I have to say it is really amazing that AEW who has been doing TV for what, 6 months? is blowing WWE and their years of television experience away when it comes to these empty arena shows.

The worst episode yet, IMO. Certain things were well out of their control, obviously, but having three tonally different Brodie Lee segments in a row made me think of EWR ("Brodie Lee has lost overness from this segment"), and there was no reason for Guevara/Omega to go half an hour. Broken Matt is the reason I quit watching TNA for a fourth time, it's bad in the Sharknado way and not in a fun Troma/Full Moon way. Hagar has never been anything but a dull-as-hell midcard guy, no matter his shoot credentials, and they're wasting Mox on him.

The best parts of the show were Spears/Gunn betting on the ME, Sammy's "fans," and Darby Allin. Bonus points for the 7/11 confrontation between Sammy and Darby that was tweeted after the show (where the cashier displayed greater presence than most of the roster).