Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Stiva

AEW Dynamite 25th March 2020

Apparently this is still going on with essential personnel only which still seems ill-advised to me but that’s how it is

Omega vs Guevara and the Hardy/Jericho confrontation seem like they could be good but Cody has the greatest test of his AEW career as he tries to drag something decent out of Jimmy Havoc.

I like how they have made the gambling a weekly gag. It's one of the little things AEW has done well to make the best of a shitty situation 

Cody and Havoc shouldn't have gone more than ten minutes in a normal setting. Considering the circumstances,  I am ok with the long match.

This atmosphere reminded me of a story when Chris Hero did his first stint in FCW. Because of the politically charged climate at the time, Hero didnt have a lot of backing from management. One day, Dustin popped in to train and him and Hero had a 30 minute exhibition while Dusty and a couple of other legends watching. Hero won Dusty over that day even though Chris didnt last much longer in that run. 

Cody going a bit too heavy on old-school references but I will take that over WWE commentators cracking lame jokes and laughing at them. 

16 minutes ago, MoS said:

That sneezing thing was clearly a shot at Vince, wasn't it?

It seems like the whole Exalted One gimmick is going to be a not-so-subtle dig at Vince's weird quirks.

One day we'll look back at Chris Jericho cutting a promo on Vanguard-1 in an empty arena as what life was like in 2020.

II am really enjoying this episode. Surprising since the wwe empty arena stuff suck. I like Cody and Tony on commentary. It's easy to listen to. I would love to watch a show like this every week.

I'm loving Jericho doing the "I'm clearly talking to a crazy person so I'm going to keep calm so as not to upset him" routine.

Just now, goodhelmet said:

I'm sorry... Matt Hardy is fucking stupid. I'm laughing my ass off. 

Chris playing the straight man is making this segment gold imo. I am surprised he has not broken into laughter by now. 

Tony hitting us with a WE'RE OUTTA TIME! AEW greatest promotion ever. 

I agree with that. Jericho reacted the way I would want someone to react.  It's actually the way I enjoy Orange Cassidy. Nobody in AEW sells his soft stuff. 

And to be honest, I never watched TNA Matt Hardy. 

Why would Jimmy Havoc grab Cody's tongue? That's a terrible idea even when we're not in the middle of a pandemic. 

That was a great use of two hours, a good distraction from the world falling apart. Jericho is a total pro, he was amazing cutting the promo on Vanguard and then somehow not laughing at Hardy pointing out Martin Luther King in the empty crowd. Tony was fantastic on commentary too; Excalibur is very good but it was awesome hearing Tony be the main guy for two hours

18 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

Don't know if I can take a whole show of Omega on commentary...Cody and Havoc shouldn't have gone more than ten minutes in a normal setting.

I was excited at the prospect of watching Dynamite.  Then I saw that the first match featured Jimmy Havoc, with Kenny Omega on commentary.

At that point, I became much less excited.

And for the record...Kenny Omega may very well be the blandest, least interesting person in all of Professional Wrestling when he has a microphone in front of his face.