Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/30 - 04/05 Pau no cu do Bolsonaro

KawadaSmile

With WWE apparently going on hiatus after WM, do they still put the title on Shayna? I think her title win should happen in front of tens of thousands of fans, but WWE clearly have made their peace with that for both Shayna and Drew.

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

Word. Not eating fast food on my way in to the office has done wonders for my waistline too. At this rate, by the time this is all over I'll be rocking the Rick Rude abs. 

Oh damn. We'll all be coming out of isolation looking like chiseled figures.

14 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

KawadaSmile expressing dissatisfaction with the political situation in Brazil? Must be Monday!

Must be a day ending in y, right? Sorry if it annoys y'all.

14 hours ago, Slasher said:

If you add a 10 mile run to your routine, you can become this guy:

360?cb=20180809185425&path-prefix=protag

I just don't want to lose my beautiful hair

Undertaker, the guy who used to maintain Kayfabe to ridiculous lengths up until .....*checks watch*..... Monday, is now in a shooty shoot feud over his wife's finisher. 

Y'know I'd be okay with us doing a Dallas-like wipe of 2020 where we just all agree to pretend none of this ever happened. 

I don't like worked shoot bullshit in my wrestling so that promo was never going to be for me anyway, but I really wish they would stop burying the current era while always talking about how the attitude era - and now I guess some parts of the ruthless aggression era - was the time things were actually good. 

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

Undertaker, the guy who used to maintain Kayfabe to ridiculous lengths up until .....*checks watch*..... Monday, is now in a shooty shoot feud over his wife's finisher. 

Y'know I'd be okay with us doing a Dallas-like wipe of 2020 where we just all agree to pretend none of this ever happened. 

Sara?

The promo did seem like a one-time return of American Badass Taker.  Plus you could say AJ brought her into the angle in the first place.  True Cena did as well in a passing mention of who’s account you can see Mark Calloway photos in, but not to the extent where she’s being blamed for Retirement Taker.

AJ specifically stated he didn't want to face "Mark Calloway" he wanted the Undertaker. I know there's been winky references in the past but this is the first time I can recall them flat out stating he's a dude named Mark playing a character since that time he was wearing all black sweats in the Attitude Era and Vince called him by his shootname.  

It's going to be silly when we get to Mania and we're supposed to believe he has all sorts of superpowers (you just know we're getting that in the "boneyard match") when the whole build has been that Taker's a dude gone soft who'd rather stay home and bone his hot wife.

I'm the first to shit on the WWE, but I don't think this particular angle is all that cringe-worthy. Maybe the bar has just been lowered so far down that this D- angle is looking like a solid C now. I also don't blame AJ Styles or The Undertaker for trying to make this matter and realizing early on that they were going to have to make things "personal" in order for this to have any flavor at all.

Whether or not one thinks Style has "lost a step" in recent years, I'd argue he's still one of the more consistently great workers on the roster. Unfortunately, they haven't protected him at all and 2019 was certainly his lowest year in WWE in terms of where he was on the card. Now we're gearing up for Styles/Taker, but it doesn't feel like anything like a Dream Match nor does anyone believe this isn't just going to be a Taker squash with some pinballing thrown in. Even Styles/HBK would seem considerably lesser now in 2020 than it would've in 2016/2017 when Styles felt like a much bigger deal. I think they realize that and so they're pulling out all the "shoot" stuff because there's simply nothing else to draw on. The Undertaker is an old man. Styles is no longer in the conversation of being the best wrestler in the world in kayfabe. They had to go this route because they had few other viable options without building a time machine.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:15 PM, NintendoLogic said:

I don't think any of us expected Michelle McCool's finisher to play a prominent role in a main event feud in 2020.

This sounded like someone practising their lines in the mirror. Or recording dialogue for video game cut scenes. Very odd.

Cool that they're using that Weeknd song for the Mania theme though.