Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/30 - 04/05 Pau no cu do Bolsonaro

KawadaSmile

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

It's going to be silly when we get to Mania and we're supposed to believe he has all sorts of superpowers (you just know we're getting that in the "boneyard match") when the whole build has been that Taker's a dude gone soft who'd rather stay home and bone his hot wife.

Maybe that's why it's a boneyard match.

33 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

NXT using Sam Roberts on commentary is making me wish Mauro was back. HHH knows the end times are here.

I'm not watching. Why is GOAT Mauro not on the show?

No matter what you may think of the resplendent Ranallo, in no universe is the annoying, rat-like Sam Roberts an adequate substitute. 

4 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I might be wrong but I think Mauro lives in LA now.

Isn't California on lockdown as well? 

Triple H has said that Roman is going to be written out of the main event in a very "creative" way. Really hoping his cancer does not become a part of the storyline again.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:36 AM, sek69 said:

Can't believe NXT is going to try to make Samuel Shaw...er Dexter Lumis.... a thing. I did chuckle for his theme being a not-even-trying-to-hide ripoff of the Stranger Things theme. 

Is this the Dexter like Dexter from the Showtime series wrestler? And they named him "Dexter"?

Its like having a wrestler who solves mysteries and calling him Sherlock. Or a boxer-turned-wrestle gimmick with the name Sly Balboa. 

Actually, no, Sly Balboa is an objectively great name and considerably better than Dexter Lumis. 

Didn't see the full match but Lumis doing that awkward slide out of the ring just for a shitty punch spot was hilarious. His look kind of gives me Heidenreich vibes. I wonder if Jake Atlas is second guessing his career choices.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:12 AM, MoS said:

Triple H has said that Roman is going to be written out of the main event in a very "creative" way. Really hoping his cancer does not become a part of the storyline again

That was my first thought as well.....

I hope they just do an exact shot for shot copy of the "who shoved a bunch of random pipes and boxes on Roman?!?!" angle from last year

2 hours ago, FMKK said:

Didn't see the full match but Lumis doing that awkward slide out of the ring just for a shitty punch spot was hilarious. His look kind of gives me Heidenreich vibes. I wonder if Jake Atlas is second guessing his career choices.

Lumis's whole look is just...wow. From the molester mustache, ,to the tattoos that look like they're covering up something bad to the point his one arm looks like a redacted FOIA request, to the "just came back from a rally that involved tiki torches" haircut, he's like someone just made a Frankenstein of creepy parts with no idea what to do with it. 

On 4/2/2020 at 6:12 AM, MoS said:

Isn't California on lockdown as well? 

Triple H has said that Roman is going to be written out of the main event in a very "creative" way. Really hoping his cancer does not become a part of the storyline again.

Apparently the "creative way" was just to have Cole announce the new match. Totally worth all the false advertising (which is actually relevant since they're pushing this as PPV for the first time since the Network launched). 

18 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So either Hunter was trolling or he got "plans changed'd. Either way underscores how little the company cares about false advertising. 

If this under the "plan changed" department, I guess I admire him for doing it in a story line way.   I mean given how weird it has been maybe they did do something in the tapings and said fuck it don't show it

Also getting from tonight that Miz isn't getting punished for coming into work sick and causing Reigns to flip out.  

Just now, hammerva said:

If this under the "plan changed" department, I guess I admire him for doing it in a story line way.   I mean he know fucking knows maybe they did do something in the tapings and said fuck it don't show it

True, but if that's what happened it makes Hunter look like a pretty big doofus for promising a creative way out and then delivering nothing. A non sociopath-run company would have taken a moment to ponder one of their top executives promised something so maybe we probably shouldn't come off looking like we don't give a fuck about that. 

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

If I had to guess, I have a feeling that the "truth" guy to expose the whole Mandy/Otis/Dolph thing was Mustafa Ali

Actually, it would absolutely make sense, given the leitmotiv behind Ali's mentality in his vignettes that aired a while back.

As far as that story goes, I certainly didn't expect WWE to have Sonya be the heel whenever they'd decide to break them up. But considering how well people have reacted to the Otis/Mandy angle, that was the right way to go.